• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

New Member! 1970 Cub Cadet 127

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kodi Marshall

Hello everyone! Thanks for
Letting me on here! I grew up farming on IH equipment and that’s a love that has stayed my whole life, we’ve had IH 1066 Turbos and a 1256 a W9 Standard Wheatland and a W9D Standard Wheatland that fired on gasoline and once warm switched and run on diesel at the pull of a lever.
Unfortunately when my Grandfather passed away in ‘03 the only tractor my family kept was the W9 gas as it was the only one he bought new.
I made it my mission to purchase and restore IH tractors but now that I’m living in a small Village it’s become unrealistic to own such big tractors on my One Acre of land so I turned my attention to small Tractors, I started with Sears Suburbans and still own two, one of which I’m throwing a 10.5 hp Wisconsin in and the other is repowered with a modern engine. The ones I have searched for have always been Cub.Cadets, but around here they are hard to find in any shape and when you do find one it’s big $$$$.
I found this one from a older couple here and bought it basically sight unseen other than a few low resolution pictures and drove 8 hours to get it. I’m working on it slowly adding my own touch right now. The muffler was rotten so I am building my exhaust stack that will be temporary until I can build a proper one and will be adding Ag tires, hoping to one day paint it and make it look pretty. Anyways thanks for reading about me and my ‘70 127 here’s the pictures for now.

Attachments

• 702BDEA3-5438-44A8-8491-DE1C98D91CE2-596-0000003A1CE4638E.jpeg
    702BDEA3-5438-44A8-8491-DE1C98D91CE2-596-0000003A1CE4638E.jpeg
    430.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_8010.jpeg
    IMG_8010.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8009.jpeg
    IMG_8009.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Letting me on here! I grew up farming on IH equipment and that’s a love that has stayed my whole life, we’ve had IH 1066 Turbos and a 1256 a W9 Standard Wheatland and a W9D Standard Wheatland that fired on gasoline and once warm switched and run on diesel at the pull of a lever.
Unfortunately when my Grandfather passed away in ‘03 the only tractor my family kept was the W9 gas as it was the only one he bought new.
I made it my mission to purchase and restore IH tractors but now that I’m living in a small Village it’s become unrealistic to own such big tractors on my One Acre of land so I turned my attention to small Tractors, I started with Sears Suburbans and still own two, one of which I’m throwing a 10.5 hp Wisconsin in and the other is repowered with a modern engine. The ones I have searched for have always been Cub.Cadets, but around here they are hard to find in any shape and when you do find one it’s big $$$$.
I found this one from a older couple here and bought it basically sight unseen other than a few low resolution pictures and drove 8 hours to get it. I’m working on it slowly adding my own touch right now. The muffler was rotten so I am building my exhaust stack that will be temporary until I can build a proper one and will be adding Ag tires, hoping to one day paint it and make it look pretty. Anyways thanks for reading about me and my ‘70 127 here’s the pictures for now.
Welcome to the forum man! 👍
👍

You found a tractor that was cared for. Think that good cosmetics mean that the insides are good. I'm in downstate NY on the NJ border, a temperate climate, so Carlisle Tru Power tires (all 4) are great for snow. Think where you are is freez-ass (ice under snow) and if so add two link chains at the rear wheels. Replace the fronts.
Lotsa luck, Jack

Attachments

• IMG_2190.jpeg
    IMG_2190.jpeg
    740.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2190.jpeg
    IMG_2190.jpeg
    740.6 KB · Views: 0
You found a tractor that was cared for. Think that good cosmetics mean that the insides are good. I'm in downstate NY on the NJ border, a temperate climate, so Carlisle Tru Power tires (all 4) are great for snow. Think where you are is freez-ass (ice under snow) and if so add two link chains at the rear wheels. Replace the fronts.
Lotsa luck, Jack
Yeah absolutely! It’s in beautiful shape for 54 years old, I eventually am going to somewhat restore it but for now im just going to use it.
Yes it’s very cold here last night we were -60c -76f with the wind chill lol
I’ve got some tire chains for it! I’ll be eventually upgrading to ag tires for sure! Your 102 is beautiful, I’d love to find a 100 series or even a Cub Original but up here there’s very few around. Thanks for the comment and pictures!

I found this one from an older couple here and bought it basically sight unseen other than a few low resolution pictures and drove 8 hours to get it. I’m working on it slowly adding my own touch right now. The muffler was rotten so I am building my exhaust stack that will be temporary until I can build a proper one and will be adding Ag tires, hoping to one day paint it and make it look pretty. Anyways thanks for reading about me and my ‘70 127 here’s the pictures for now.
Welcome aboard Kodi

Latest posts

Back