• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 08, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jim T., Oooo, a 125, my favorite model Cub Cadet!
drool.gif
I like the looks of those red rims behind the yellow weights, makes it look fast, kinda like flames.
bubbly.gif

Charlie, the two picts are a fine start. I found those previously on this site. I am looking for some kind of owners' manual, or (dream) a SERVICE manual. I have also noticed that there seems to have been some interesting changes made to the mechanism over its production run, too. Although this isn't very surprising, I would think that there would be some solid manual in existence someplace.

Thanks Kraig, That's kinda what I thought too.
(yea the photo is reversed)
If computers and cameras could be wrenched and
welded I might have a clue.

Jim T., is the yellow paint on that 125 original paint or was it refurbished at one point? Sure looks to be in good condition! Could use a correct muffler and it looks like the wiring has been rerouted slightly around the S/G. I like it!

66444.jpg

Ben C:

Two things come to my mind. (A) The Elec PTO is bad (shorted), or (B) wiring going to the Elec PTO is shorting to ground.

My Suggestion, would be to remove the wire at the connector going to the Elec PTO and see if this stops the heavy discharge when the switch is turned on. If it does, then you have a PTO issue.

If the discharge is there with the PTO disconnected, then there is an issue with the PTO Switch and/or wiring going to the PTO.

Keep us advised.

Jim T:

From the Code that you posted earlier, it indicates that you have Model 149.

thumbsup.gif

Hi all, I have a question about my 106, now this may sound funny but it actually happened and scared the **** out of me! I was trying to start my 106 for the first time since I've owned it, I was excited and in a hurry due to the fact it's taken me so long to round up all the parts I needed to get it back in shape, Everything was ready to run (so I thought) carb all rebuilt, had spark,etc. I was cranking it over but nothing, I then put the Batt. charger on it and it spun faster but still nothing, I then took another look at everything I had done to be sure it was right, new wiring harness all hooked up where it should be to the best of my knowledge getting fuel, still has spark, etc. I then realized for the first time there was NO condenser on the engine, so I went to get one for I stock these at home, and while I was opening the package, I kid you not the tractor started to crank over all by it's self! The key was off! I quickly removed the charger and it stopped shortly thereafter, (batt.died) What would of caused this to happen, I've never seen this before, or even heard of it, What all do you guys think I ruined? I see one guy says the first thing to be forgotten when you hurry is safety, I think the second thing is what your doing! I do not have time today to see if with a condenser on the engine it will run cause I have to leave for work, but I will find out tomorrow. Any ideas will be much appreciated! Thanks to all!! Ryan
confused.gif

Ryan: 1st Culprit (key switch) 2nd culprit (Soleniod) 3rd culprit wire directly to starter. Something is going to a direct short off of the positive side of your wiring.

My thinking!

Pops

Latest posts

Back