• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 06, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rfowler

displayname
bob fowler
Hey everyone.
I had previously posted a problem about a loud grinding noise comming from my tractor. I think i may have found the problem. The clutch disc between the console and the engine is rattling. When the clutch pedal is pushed down, the discs seem loose and wigally. Is this suposed to be happening? What do you think may be the problem

' Evening All. Sure is beautiful outside. We bought new batteries for the twin granddaughters' birthday party and now the dang camera doesn't work. I keep telling Angel that we need a new camera. She just doesn't want o part with this one.

I've been working on convincing a new coworker and her husband to get a narrow frame Cub Cadet next year for their yard work. At this time they feel a wide frame may be a bit big. They don't want a new Cub Cadet. Sooo... I've invited them over to try the 125 out. She wants a bagger attachment, possibly a snowthrower or blade. It has to be a Hydro (of course). I have also been telling her about Plow Day events. They are going to start looking over the winter and of course I volunteered my services also. Just can't have those green things showing up.

Anybody out there got a Wideframe creeper shifter lever handy? If so, I'm wondering if the roll pin holes are in the same plane as the handle. I've just installed a creeper on my 128 with the short Narrowframe handle and an extension, and it doesn't line up with the slot in the tunnel cover. So I'm a bit puzzled. Any thoughts?

Matt G.
A regular WF handles holes are not in line with the handle. If that's what your askin.
42747.jpg

If memory serves me right you have to do a little bending to the handle when you add the extension. Course CRS has a way of affecting me most of the time.

Robert F,
Man that could be anything from the shaft being worn out, anti-rattle springs not installed or gone, Throughout bearing shot, weak or broken teaser or main spring, holes in the clutch disk egged out, the drive pins on the pressure plates bent or broken and on and on.
Check here and see if your looks anything like the pics. Maybe your just missing something that should be there.
http://cubfaq.com/mechanical_clutch.html

Thanks, Charlie, that's exactly what I was wanting to know. Next question, well actually two:

1. You wouldn't happen to have a picture of a bent NF lever I could go by, would you?

2. Is the wideframe lever NLA?

Matt,
Sorry I don't and I can't find anything in my pics, but I'll keep looking. We may have to wait till Kraig gets here monday OR maybe someone watching here will have more info.

The WF handles are still available.
You know how the ole saying goes! grin
Click the pretty boxes at the top of the page.

Ok, thanks. Actually, a better question would have been, is it still available through Cub Cadet dealerships?

It could use a new belt. The one on it is in need of replacement

Hi Folks,

I got the hydraulics back together. Ended up putting in heavier lines and fittings. Challenging getting it all in place with more fitting and less flexibility. Noticing and learning things as I go along. Here are the next challenges I could use some help with.
1)It may be that I hooked up the flexible hydro lines in reverse. Does this drastically affect anything other than the hydro lift handle working opposite what seem natural. (i.e. push the mower deck goes down, pull and it comes up.)
2) I'm not able to get the mower deck to lift evenly. Regardless of the adjustments I make either one side or the other is much higher. Leveling the cutting height seems an easy enough thing, but once its off the turf it is definitely out of balance. May be mute point, as the weather guessers are calling for snow here in northern WI next Thurs. Perhaps I should give up on the mower deck for the year and move on to the snow blade and blower?
3)I have two handles right side of engine cover. One is obviously the hydro control for the mower deck. The other handle...I have no idea. Could it be controls for the front hydro ports. Hope you don't mind me hogging some posting space, but I'm on a steep learning curve. Is it worth it? Depends on how you value 10 hours of quality work-on-machines time with your 12 year old son. We ended the weekend with him saying, "Dad, I want this to be my tractor when I get older." I see how some of you guys have made this a life long thing.

Hi everyone,
What weight oil sould I fill my creeper drive with? It's a Cub 100.

Thanks,
Don

I need to purchase a piston rod for my K241. I cam tell the engine has been rebuilt before because the piston is stamped .003. I do not know if I need a std rod or an 010 rod. The broken rod is broken and mangled so bad it is usless for comparison and I cannot find a good pn. on the pieces. How can I tell from measuring the rod journal on the crank? What is a stock journal supose to measure out at? This is in a 107 if that matters.

Lyle B,
I dunno about everyone else, but I took a little road trip this morning.
Headed for Kensett,Ia. picked up a Cub, then on to Slater,Ia. snagged a Cub Cadet self propelled mower, then on to Polk City and got a super #2 tiller, then on to Des Moines and got 5 boxes of NOS parts, headed east and up 63 to Waterloo for 2 NF electric lifts and the fibal stop was in New Hampton,ia to snacth a NF hydraulic lift.
Not to bad for a 10 trip. We ptryy much covered the north half of Iowa today.
biggrin.gif

I saw a dream machine today at the local Case IH shop. A cub cadet lo-boy, nice and clean too. They wanted about $1500 for her. I dont have the yard for her or the $1500 for that matter. But it would be fun and I am sure I would find use for it if I had it.

Ed H.
Go ahead and buy it, they are fun machines. Just make sure the rear PTO main bearings are still good along with the throw out bearing and clutch. That clutch is a real PITA to fix! BTDT
42758.jpg

If I had the $1500 to spare right now I would be mowing the lawn already.
dizzy.gif

May be they will still have it when I have the cash. Like I said a dream machine. I didnt see a rear pto on this one.

Eric N:

(1) No problem on the handle direction.
(2) Check you linkages for lifting the deck as well as the rockershaft arms.
(3) Yes, the other handle is for the front port.

Latest posts

Back