• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 23, 2003

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

F12Mahon

displayname
F12Mahon
Anyone ever hooked up a reverse light for a rear light? I seems it would reduce the load on the charging system until it is needed.

Hi John
Heres a couple of pics of the quick attach bracket strap you were talking about
14073.jpg

14074.jpg

John L. -

Please note that the pins on those straps go thru the FRONTMOST holes. There should be nuts welded inside the frame at the rearmost holes so you don't HAVE to remove the engine...

14076.jpg

Wyatt -

I'm sure they're "on the pile" along with my wide frame fenders.

Thanks Robin & Bryon. The hole I was referring to are at the rear of the engine. It looks to me that I need a bolt there to hold the QA bracket on the thrower.

Sunday AM = 59 deg.

Monday AM = 20 deg. with 20mph wind and some snow flurries.

YUP, winter is here!!!!!

John,

If it's a QA-36 then it should have 2 holes that line up with the two sets of holes Bryan just pictured.......4ea. 1/2" bolts in those holes will be fine, you won't need the rear "hook" to be bolted on.

If it's a QA-36A with the 4 link parallel arms, then you have a problem....the top link attachment pins cover up the front holes in the frame.

The UPS truck just brought my thrust bearings.
The # is 4457-00, and GBC is the mfr. So that is another # to interchange if you can't get it by
the nice 605V.

Pulled the motor in my 127 yesturday { my pan was leaking} now ready to put it all back together. Does the pan on a k301 have any torque specs ...? my service manual on the 127 takes the 5th thanks Rob

Charlie, It's a QA36AU1111. So what's the answer to the problem? Now don't tell me I need to buy a narrow frame QA tractor!
happy.gif
Would this thrower work on my 108?
Here's a photo of the thrower & a deck when I bought it.
14081.jpg

Rob, The torque specs for the cast iron pan bolts is 35 ft. lb. Standard for 3/8"-16 grade 5 bolts.

(Message edited by jlang on November 24, 2003)

John L. -

Assuming the PO didn't weld the sucker in the "narrow" position, yes, you could take it apart and reassemble it to fit a wide frame. Since Kraig's here, I'm sure he will repost the usual pictures...

John,

Move it out to the wide frame setting and use it on the 108.

The top links attach tho the subframe at the same point as the front 1/2" bolts need to go into the frame of the 123.....problem......

Official snowfall total . . . . . dusting.

Doesn't suprise me, having the 169 & blower set up could scare any storm away.

My "other" short project was almost a success, my Deere 440 Cyclone started ONCE and ran great, haven't got it to start it again. "Nothing Runs Like a Deere" . . . I should say so, danged thing hardly runs at all! :)

Would someone please post the plans for making the rear weight using the 5 gallon plastic bucket. The one pictured in the light bracket photo. Seems like a good idea and quick to make.

Lowdown on the Nice 605v bearing:

Yes, SKF did buy Nice many years ago. About 5 years ago they sold Nice to another bearing manufacturer, RBC. However they have a distribution agreement with RBC and still do carry the Nice Brand of part numbers.

My source checked the item and it is a production item. SKF currently has 1600 pcs in their warehouse in Crossville.

Because it is a production item, most of the main distributors should have representative stock on the shelf. SKF authorized distributors are: Motion Ind., Applied Ind. Tech., and Kaman. Most areas have at least one branch of one of these guys.

My source wants to know if you guys are having problems getting the bearing. Also wants to know if you are getting them okay! E-mail me so I can pass it along. They are very customer orientated at the top.
Pat Cleveland

Snow Flurries in Northeastern Indiana

Digger, guess again....

Charlie Z., here is a drawing of David Kirk's 5 gallon bucket weight.
14085.jpg

John L., I'll post the QA subframe photos in a few minutes.

Jared P., I tried to respond to your email but I get an error. Awesome deer photos!!!!!! Thanks.

Latest posts

Back