• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 23, 2003

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Charlie Mc:
Got the package today. Thanks. You are right. There are springs in the two tubes on the mounting bracket for the 59M. I am going to have to try and free mine up so they work properly.

Also, the belt cover shows to be at an angle. Thought there was a poblem but that is how it is.

Eugene:
Need rear working light to see how the plow is doing or other implement during night operation.

If there is a night plow session, the light will need to be on all the time.

Don V.
Stumbled across another version of the mystery bearing today at my local AGCO dealer. He says, where did you find that. Answer, on the shelf back there. He was looking for them a day or two ago.

$2.50 each. Has a roller bearing instead of the bushing but seems like it will work. Looks pretty solid. Will send a pic in a dy or two with further info.

Guys, Thanks for all the imputs on my questions on the QA36A! I've been busy today trying to get some sort of printer to work with my MAC at work! Got an HP5550 finally to print a test print great with my USB line & the cd, but won't print from my files. Oh well, I'll call SUPPORT TOMORROW! That's worse than working on tractors, much worse!
sad.gif
Not fun!

(Message edited by jlang on November 24, 2003)

Jeff,

If you're not worried about saving it then catch the corner of the slot with a good cold chisel and tap it right around......it'll marr up the head, but it will come out!!!!

Hyd. chute rotator works!!!!! Needed to cut in a needle valve to regulate the speed.....it was more like a chute whipper at WOT!!!!!! Should be really cool running the whole show with 2 little levers inside the soft cab this winter....I can't wait!!!!!

Over the holiday weekend the cab goes on, weights go on and the tires get chained up. 149 w/cab and Super 42 thrower... 169 with 58" blade....

"...Let it snow, Let it snow, Let it snow....."

Sort of funny, you are all gearing up for snowblowing, and I am just getting the 42" cast iron ended deck on. If you don't remember, I was having a problem with the deck sitting at an angle. When lifted it would severely sag to the left. I looked at the subframe, and couldn't find anything wrong. Then one day I looked at the lifting arms, and one of them was bent downward about 3/4". We found that 102, and the lifting mechanism is out, and installed on my 123. I am really thrilled that the deck lifts level. I need to adjust the deck for more precise cutting, and it will be done. Now I just need to rebuild the PTO, get the baffle and it is ready to go! I will take pics tomorrow of the deck and the 123. All in all, I have to say that I really LOVE the hydrostatic drives. I used the 109 several times for the lawn, and it worked so well. But, Originals are still and will always be my favorite!

Steve B. I am trying really hard to save that bolt. I am hoping to keep the 123 more original looking and the 102 has what I need. So I need to save it. I'll let the PB blaster soak on it for a week, then I will try it again...

Jeff R. -

Just in case, let's draw ya a picture
lol.gif

14103.jpg

$19.99 @ Sears. They also work great for those tractors with slotted truss head screws holding the footrests on...

Jeff,

I used one for backing out the big plug on the bottom of the steering gear box as well. Good Luck!

JEFF - While Your at SEARS picking up those sockets Bryan posted a pic of get an IMPACT DRIVER too. About $20 if I remember right. Socket goes on square driver end, tapped smartly on the other end with a small hammer and I bet those screws loosen right up. Impact driver isn't a tool You'll use every day but is worth 10 times what you paid for it when You do need it. BTW, They're usually only meant to loosen things.

I posted these questions the other day and got no response so I thought I woudl try again.

I came home to Illinois to visit my parents. My dad's 108 had a bad ammeter. I replaced it and started the tractor.

Later I tried to start the tractor and the S/G sounded funny. It turned over but wouldn't start. I tried again later and noticed taht the wire going to the S/G started smoking. It was red hot. Again the tractor had turned over but failed to start.

What would cause this. I have been trying to figure it out for a couple of days. Last night I thought that maybe the positve line going to the S/G is grounding out. SOund reasonable? Any ideas?

Also someone a while back had a way of recentering the needle on a ammeter for a quietline. Dad has a 1000 with an off center needle. Can you please repost the method?

Please post replies. I don't have access to my e-mail.

Thanks,

Bob

Bob E.: I don't think the amp meter is causing the problem(you can replace the amp meter with a jumper) but the problem could have caused the amp meter to go bad. I think the VR has sticking points. You better start checking grounds and connections and look for sticking points in that VR(make sure the VR is grounded properly). You also might have or now have shorted wires. Disconnect the battery and make sure everything is off and watch carefully as you touch the cable to the post. Should be no spark. Turn on Key and touch again and there should be a small spark(current to coil) put if you have a short or sticking points you will get a big spark.

Since everyone else was talking about getting ready for snow I thought I would post a pic of the 169 in it's snow gear. It's the first time I've had all this stuff installed, QA42A, Delux Cab, wheel weights (boy are those buggers slippery!) and chains. I'm eager to see how it works, now we just need a cold snap to freeze the ground before it snows! You can see that BN peeking in the background.

14115.jpg

While I'm at it I might as well ask a question. How do you get the handle that rotates the chute to line up with the hole in the vinal of the cab? I tried the bracket that I got with he QA42A and the one from my father's QA36A (which was different but still not right)? The only way I could make it work is with quite a bit of modifications...

I am proud to report the 149 I have owned for years, moved under it's own power today for the first time in 6 or 7 years. Doesn't even creep, I am amazed.

Matt K,
Depending on which way your turn handle needs to go, bend the rod holder up down or if it need's to go higher, you might have to make a new rod.
14118.jpg

Thanks Bryan! Looks like I will be making a stop at Sears here shortly. Need to pick up a 3 point puller too.

Well, here are the pics of my 123. I have done some things to it since I got it. For one, I have the proper steering wheel, hood ornament,(thanks to the 102) reflectors, grote light, & headlight panel. I still need to get the parts that hold the headlights in and a switch. I am hoping to get them here soon.
14120.jpg

14121.jpg

14122.jpg

Digger:

Yeah, I started doing that but thought I would ask to see if there was a special holder out there. Looks like it's going to need a little TLC, with my favorite hammer.
happy.gif

Back