• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 23, 2003

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess I should have said, I don't have any plans. You got everything!!!!!!!! That's why B&B pay ya the BIG BUCKS!
14087.gif

John L., I think Steve B. is correct, as usual, there will be a problem with the top link and the mounting hole. Just in case here are some photos.
14089.jpg

Here is a photo of the subframe and some info on the settings.

14090.jpg

Here is a photo of a QAxxA mounted to a narrow frame with a Quick Attach.

14091.jpg

Some info from the QAxxA manual.

Charlie, now don't go starting any rumors that I get paid to do this. I actually send B&B free copies of all my Cub Cadet info. So in effect I'm paying to do this.

Speaking of Big Bucks, way to go JP!!!

back again working on the cub...had to clean the garage/cub emporium out yesterday..
14093.jpg

dismounted other front tire, have to re-powdercoat rim, had a few scrapes from last winter's arguement with a fire hydrant... color is eastwood's off-white, and is too 'white' compared to the correct color. i have some cream color that i will try next.
14094.jpg

Scott T you should check www.tigerdrylac.com for power coating powder.they sell 2lbs or more from there web site.they have all the ral colors possible better then eastwoods

Thanks Kraig...

For you hunters, if you would like to see one of the bucks that Kraig was refering to, I updated my profile picture. I'll stitch the pictures of the two bucks together later and update my profile again.

To keep this on topic, I've been reworking a QA36 snow thrower I got from the Cadet Connection to mount on my 100 (I'll get some pictures of this as well). The 149 will get the 42" snow blade again this year. I like the hydro for pushing snow. Less shifting...

Hey Kraig,
Now that pic is a blast from the past. That was the 3rd Cub I restored-a great running 126.

Since we are on the snow thrower topic, I have a question.

Is the sheave on the right angle gear box on a qa42a different when mounting the thrower to a quiet line series or the same as 1x9 series? Diameter and belt width?

If it's different, what should I use for a 1450?
Thanks
Marcus

As we all know, TFM does not actually offer a suggestion for how to change your HY-tran, but the FAQs do.

I printed that little number off last year and stuck it in the binder with my manual and other Cub stuff. Finally got to use it, and just wanted to add this plug for the usefulness of Art's write-up. Thanks, Art!

As a footnote to those instructions, FWIW, after trying both a metal band style filter wrench, and one which specifically fit the recesses on the end with no success, I ended up using a rubber strap type from Sears. Spun it off like a charm.

Kenny

'66 Fairlane GTA

Mike..
i'll check it out... i'd like to get the proper colors researched for use by us guys... eastwoods' orange yellow is almost a dead ringer for the cub yellow my 149 came with...

William, sorry to hear about that, I'll keep them in my prayers.

Marcus, the Original through the Quiet Line all used the 3/8" wide pulley, the 82 series on up used a 5/8" wide pulley

14096.jpg

14097.jpg

Is the nose piece of a 104 and a 127 the same? What I am asking ...will the headlights and grille from a 127 fit in the 104?
Dean

Kraig,
Thanks. How about the diameter of the pully/sheave itself on the qa42a when switching from a 1x9 to a quietline series? I have seen 2 different types but not sure if diameter is the same.
Marcus

Thankyou Digger and Kraig for posting info on the rear weight.

Hey guys
Haven't been on putor much, noticed Hydro Harry posted the other day. I tried to respond but forgot my password and couldn't post. just remembered it so thought I'll give it a shot.
hope you all have a great and safe thanksgiving

Kurt B
PS duke is now a whopping 3 Lbs.

Myself, and a friend of mine that caught a bad case of Yellow Fever, found a 102. It has a few parts that I need for my 123. One question that I have is how does one remove the bolt that is corroded to a slight degree? I have been putting PB blaster on it, and all the others have came right off. I do not have a screwdriver large enough to not tear out the head on this bolt. Any suggestions would be great.
14101.jpg

I recently rebuilt a gearbox on a QA 42A snowblower and wondering if it is necessary to vent the gearbox.I installed a level plug on cover, so if a breather was needed, I could add it easily. Any experience with this would be helpful, thank you.
Paul

Latest posts

Back