• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 21, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dtanner

displayname
Donald Tanner
Hi guys, my 149 dismantle has ground to a halt.the nut on the hydro lever shaft to rearend keeps turning and won`t come apart.(ball joint) how does a person hold the bolt from turning?
Thanks Don
bash.gif

Don, there are usually flat spots for an open end wrench on the ball joint, if not you may have to use a needle nose clamp grip pliers aka Vise Grip, to hold that.

hi again , i spoke to soon i see from under the tractor a thin nut to hold the joint from spinning. thanks Don
bouncy.gif

Christopher, Paul, that would be Nate Fisher that has the plans for the loader and back hoe.

Thanks Kraig, i`am moving at a snail pace lol later Don

Don, at least you're making progress, I have an Original (known around here as K4K) that I started refurbishing several years ago and my progress has ground to a halt. To make matters worse, my good friend Art keeps reminding me that I have not finished it...
bash.gif

Paul Fox-
I see that I mis-read your post. You were looking for specs of the tractor's own hydro pump.

As others have said, do not use the tractor's hydro pump to run a loader. Not enough G.P.M. (flow).

Find a small belt driven pump with the 1000-1200psi/5-6 gpm specs.

Does anybody know what specs Nates plans call for with the hydro pump of his "built" loaders? Not trying to devulge any of his trade-secrets, I'm just curious what he recommends.

Now i see why rear cover was leaking (no gasket)
how when Charlie send me the new gaskets and brake shoes i`ll be all ready. thanks for all the help. Don
70594.jpg

Don - I see that cover has RTV on it. You'd better check the housing REAL good for more that may have gotten into the oil. Wipe it out good with a clean rag.

A little bit of RTV may be good BUT to much is trouble lurking !

here is the pump i used on my 129 loader useing Nates plans.
Haldex High Pressure Hydraulic Gear Pump .517 Cu. In., Model# 1002968
Item# 10567
Only $116.99

Don,

You are actually making good progress. I've got a 149 (and 129 parts machine) I bought early this past summer. The only thing I've got done is to make a list of parts that I need to order. What's worse is that the 149 keeps getting more and more buried in the back of the garage, so it's easier to ignore...

Let's see some pics of the loader on your 129!

Chris

Kraig-
At least you still refer to me as "my good friend Art"... When you substitute the word JERK for the words "good friend Art", I'll quit bugging you.
happy.gif

oh and i think that was 4 to 8 gal a min.my loader lifts good and strong . thanks Don

did someone ask for a shot of my 129 loader? the hyd lines still need to be change to pipe and the cub need paint. later Don
70601.jpg

Latest posts

Back