• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 09, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Art-

Well crap, it looks like I'm out of luck for getting a set of those, as well...
sad.gif

Art,

Did you try Miller Tire. Might be worth a try. I also though I saw that the stock had all been depleted a few months ago and Firestone wasn't sure when they would make some more. Hopefully, I am remembering wrong. You can also try a local Firestone Ag tire dealer. That is wher eI got my set many years ago.

I was shopping around for new ags for the 102 and a yanmar loader I have, firestone was out of stock and nobody could get the 5x12 for the yanmar or the 32X8.5 for the cub...seems like they would make alot more.. I was told by a dealer to check back in sept, or novemeber.

Rob, this is the same problem I had a few years back on my 149. I punched out the pin several times but the holes were so egg shaped that it wouldn’t hold. I went to the local Cub dealer and ordered a new shaft and arm. Then I proceeded to spend the better part of a day to beat out the old shaft. A lot of PB Blaster and a BFH did the work. Re-assembly was a lot better. Charlie’s fix would have been better and cheaper, but at the time I didn’t know about this site and all the good suggestions and help you get here.

My 1450's arms were welded to the cross shaft by a previous owner. Made it fun to put the rear lift arm block on there. Had to grind away some weld with a die grinder and almost standing on my head to wiggle it in there. I wish it hadn't been welded, or at least welded by someone with better skills. Looks like bubble gum piled up around there.

Don't tell grump, but i used a certain 2-part epoxy (JB Weld) to fix the hydro input shaft on a 1872 I picked up for a friend that had the bearing go bad and mess the input shaft. after a new bearing and seal, it ran good as new. $500 tractor with $20 in parts.

Aaytay, Did you talk to 'Uncle' Leo. at C R tire.He's the one I deal with on tires, I know the last set of 23x8's I got there were a little hard to come by.

D. Ryan M. I won't tell the grump.
shhh.gif

Angel and I were talking over dinner tonight about drying the newly painted parts for her Cubbie. I suggested using the oven as Charlie P. had stated that he sometimes does. She said that it sounded like a great idea. She further stated that I should have my own oven in the garage. I said that I needed more room for an oven. Her reply, "I had in mind getting you and Easy Bake kids oven."
noshare.gif

Take that frig box and hook a vacuum pump to it for a parts drier.

Latest posts

Back