• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 13, 2003

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Krag-
Yes, thanks, that is the picture of what I have. (Brinly carrier/grill guard). I don't have a picture of it yet, and didn't realize it folded down to haul stuff. Thanks again for the picture.
Mark

Mark W.
It took me long enough but I finally found the dang pic I was lookin for!
13840.jpg

Digger,
<font size="-2">I got one too, but I still don't like to look at it, it's uggggly and whines all the time</font>,
13842.jpg

Mark W.
That is called a Brinly "Gard-N-Cart"

(Message edited by pbell on November 13, 2003)

(Message edited by pbell on November 13, 2003)

Here you go Wyatt...
13844.jpg

and from post on 2-6-2002
quote "When I reassemble it I put on a new gasket and attach the side plate
with a washer, a thrust bearing (Nice605), washer, and a lock nut. Adjust
the lock nut until the gasket starts to compress. (I got that thrust
bearing idea from Donald Mayes and it has made the steering much
easier to adjust and improves handling).
Quite "often I find the side plate warped, probably when they welded the
bolt on it at the factory. Put a straight edge on it to check and straighten
in a press till it is straight.
Replace the cam follower or sometimes I redress it by putting it in my
drill press and use a file and emery cloth to reshape it."

Art,
Since the brochure for that flail mower says it requires 10 HP or larger, you better just drop it off at my place Saturday. The 106 will handle it better.

Ok, just for FUN!
13846.jpg

Now Seriously, I just got my NOS decal for my 123... I remember that we were talking about this a long time ago, in a <strike>galaxy, far, far, away...</strike> You can see the ridges in it, and on the back is the name of the company that made them. If you look, it was made in 1967. The only bad thing is, is it also says it only has a 2 year shelf life... Guess, I can't get a new one...
biggrin.gif

13847.jpg

13848.jpg

Jeff-
I just got one of those too. Wondered if I should sell it or use it as an excuse to find a 123
happy.gif

Hey Digger!
Thanks for all the great help!
Can't wait to plow some snow...
I'll include some pics when I get it
all connected.

Tim
smile.gif

Wyatt, I think you should use it for an excuse for buying a 123... Those Hydro's are pretty cool. But, you know, you COULD just send it to me, and that would save you the extra money, and the hard work of looking for one.... Yeah, just send it to me... ;o)

2ea. beat up 42" snow blades from Big John = $30
Welder = $465
Saws-All = $130

One BIG A$$ snow blade, Priceless.....

13850.jpg

All kidding aside, while I am waiting for my plow parts I decided to get the 169 into the snow moving game with a monster blade...58" wide to be exact (any wider and the corner won't clear the ground when angled)

13851.jpg

Moldboard frame was stiffened and boxed (still have some more to do).

13852.jpg

and the sub-frame was repaired at the kingpin (where they always break) and braced across the rear arms and front QA points.

13853.jpg

13854.jpg

HD lift rod too!!!!

13855.jpg

can anybody tell me how long a driveshaft is on a 3speed 800 without a creeper gear,someone change my trans to a alum rear and theres no ball bearing in the end.this thing eats rear flanges i think because it missing.so i change it with one i have from a 1000 and its to short the 1000 did not have a creeper gear.or do i have to buy a castiron rear

Man Steve things sure are changing across the road from you. bet they think your a real goof ball with all the old tractors hanging around.
cool blade!!!

should the end of the driveshaft where the ball bearing sits be recess for the ball

Rich,

Yeah, they say that....until I plow them out in the winter, then they don't mind my tractors so much!!!!!!

New subdivision across the road only has about 5 houses in it, with all of the roads blacktopped and finished out to the curbs.......should be a cool test track for the blade.

Only real good thing about the development is the fact that there are a bunch of kids about Steven's age in the area now......and the fact that the subdivision is within the city limits but I'm still considered a Woodford County resident...taxes aren't as bad!!!!

Dave,

Wider is better!!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Not too worried about it as it will be for the 2" or less snows only, the 149 with the full cab and Super QA42A will be handling the heavy stuff.

....but, I'm not quite done boxing and reinforcing it either!!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
Like they say in "Smokey and the Bandit"......"Hold on to your a$$ Fred!!!!"

SB -

Ah, progress
wink.gif

Just wait, with all that building going on around there, some day they'll write ya a ticket for dropping your private blade on a public street like they do up here...

Now where's the hydraulic angle on that thing?

And yes, wider's better - the forum's best viewed at 1600x1200
wink.gif

JEFF - American Decal made most of the decals for everything IHC. Shelf life of two years was conservative. I have some IH logo's at home, the type You dip in water & slide off the backing that I got during the big strike in '79 & '80 that were "Old" then that A.D. printed with one year shelf life and they still work fine. Meyercord was the other Big player on decals.

SB- Sweeeet blade! But given all that weight, I've got two words: "power steering".

Making the winter changeover myself this weekend, putting the blade on, deck off, oil change, etc.

Anyone know if the cork gasket on the oil drain plug is available or should I make one out of something else? (for a 129)
Dean

Latest posts

Back