• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 13, 2003

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaytay

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Home of the Plow Special
Kent-
If you remember, I posted pictures of one like yours earlier this fall when I was picking up leaves. From what I can figure, mine was made by The Parker Co., and although yours has some differences from mine, it looks similar enough to be the same brand.

Kraig-
<taking out notebook>
Will do!
err.gif

Kraig -

Yeah, but you're not complaining, are you?
lol.gif

Kent, Art is correct it is made by Parker. The Parker branded versions were light blue rather than white, but the canvas was yellow like the <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> version.

Art, I'm going to try to get one ready, my #1 125 it needs the least amount of work. :eek:)

Bryan, good point, no I'm not. Um, does the whining from my hydro count? :eek:)

Ryan, let us know if you win that auction. :eek:)

Kent, now that I look closer I see the differences that Art mentioned. I don't think it's a #2 lawn sweeper. I still think it was made by Parker though. I'll see if I can find anythinig in my archives. According to the manual a #2 lawn sweeper has a sweeping width of 36".

(Message edited by kmcconaughey on November 13, 2003)

Kent, in a 1975 SDE Catalog (Special Duty Equipment) there is a photo of it on the front cover but no description, inside the back cover there is a photo of the #2 lawn sweeper with a description.
13814.jpg

13815.jpg

13816.jpg

Kraig-
I'll check and see if I have the literature for mine, but I don't think I ever got any with it. <font size="-2">Which is why you never got any from me...</font>

Art, you did have a manual for your #2 lawn sweeper, I have scans of it. <font size="-2">Now look Art, I'm the old guy, I'm supposed to be the one that is getting forgetful, not you.</font>

Kraig, Kent-
<font size="-2">(Sounds like the name of a superhero or something..)</font>
That sweeper that Kraig posted a picture of has a different tow-bar assembly than mine.

<font size="-2">Crap, I'm getting older......</font>

The little one has a tow bar exactly like mine. It looks kinda cheesy. I forgot to mention the one I have is definately made by Parker. It's marked on the inside of the wheel area.

I just realized that those are two different sweepers that Kraig posted pictures of..
Kent, yours looks like the one on top, and mine looks like the one on the bottom, but my tow bar is like the top picture.

Who'da thunk we could have a conversation for this long about lawn sweepers?...

Art, you are getting old, the tow bar on your lawn sweeper is like the one in the lower photo. Go check. I'll bet you 10 hours of Cub Cadet maintenance work I'm correct. I'll get my #1 125 plow ready one way or another.... :eek:)

Last night I was looking through some literature that's archived on the WFM.com site for the Haban Flail-Mo and found this brochure for a Flail-Mo on an early 110.
13818.jpg

I emailed it to a friend and he pointed something out. Notice anything funny about the "Deere" in the lower picture?...
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

13819.jpg

BTW... I'm making the trek down to the Illinois border this weekend if anybody needs anything brought back to the Twin Cities, let me know and I'll bring the trailer...

Kraig:
I noticed your furrow was 9".
How deep should a furrow be to be suitable (the next year) for planting sweet corn and green beans? Do we plow as deep as we can, or, is there a lesser (optimal) depth that these plants are fine with?

Art, yeah, that "Deere" has the beloved Cub Cadet 72, 1x4/5 style grill........

Kriag-
I am not getting THAT old... What I was refering to is that my sweeper...
13823.jpg

Doesn't have the bracing that this one does...
13824.jpg

That said, you're correct in that it is more like this "lower" picture though...

BTW...That Flail-Mo brochure is kinda neat seeing as I'm putting MY Flail-Mo on the 72 when I get it home!

Latest posts

Back