• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through November 09, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I took the steering gear box apart on my 1250. After cleaning all the grease out I was dry fitting the side plate onto the gearbox and noticed that there is really nothing holding that "gasket" on the housing. It just seems like they could have designed something better.

My first post I neglected to have the word steering in there and screwed up. Sorry.

BTW,
This means a hell of a lot to me!
If it wasn't for this,
44154.jpg

44155.jpg

We couldn't do this!
44156.jpg

That red international is the exact color that I want my "169" to be... now to search the dealers for it...
beerchug.gif

Good Morning!

Snowing in Vilas county Wisconsin. That would be north central Wisconsin just shy of the UP. Forecast is calling for 2- 6 inches. Later today I'm putting chains on and moving a big pile of wood out of my front yard to the back for stacking.

I decided to try something different. When checking the National Weather Service radar for our area I waited till the radar loop showed the heaviest snow over us. At that moment I stopped the loop to see if it would make it keep snowing here. I'll let ya all know if it works.
crazy.gif

Thanks Digger: So right, and many many thank you's to our Veterans!! I can never say it enough.

Pops

You said it Charlie.

Man all the green has me turning green.
eww.gif

I have to dig out the blade now. This is what I get for putting everythng away and not thinking about what I will need in a week or two..
bash.gif

Thomas P:

Here is the procedure for servicing the steering column on the 1250. It is found in the Service Manual on pages 2-12 & 2-13.

44161.jpg

THOMAS - Also to add to Roland's post, there's a cork gasket covered with a thin steel stamping that actually rubs on the steering sector the tie rod attaches to. That cork & steel is the only gasket. A little gasket cement on both sides of the cork helps hold things in place. The steel stamping is shaped to hold things into position.
I haven't been inside one of those gearboxes for several years but the one on My 72 is so worn the pivot bolt for the sector has wallowed out the gear box casting and the casting for supporting the upper thrust bearing has totally pushed up the steering tube. I've installed a sleeve inside the gearbox to support the bearing race and have gotten another 10-12 yrs of life out of it. The new gearbox is waiting in the shop for the tractor to be refurbished this winter.....New engine, driveshaft, throw-out bearing, steering gearbox....maybe a new reduction pinion & needle bearing. Then it'll be ready for the next 38 years.
thumbsup.gif

I always knew you couldn't tow a hydro Cub, but I didn't know you could tow a forklift...

44163.jpg

For those who care, that's an old Fairbanks Morse office on the corner.

Charlie,
That 1066 looks to tame. I will have my mom's neighbor bring his over. He pulls in the local farm classes all summer. He really likes going in 2nd high in the 12,000 # class and slows down to 1st high in the heavier class. I am not sure how fast that is but I believe it is something like 7-8 mph at stock rpm. Of course his does not have the stock pump on it. He very seldom gets beat and usually spins out before he powers out.

Come on Bryan, you can pull hydros. Just ask Charlie. I think someone still has a picture of him getting pulled out of the field at Travis's. And if I recall, he was not getting pulled very slowly either.

Oh yea!
Charlie blew a head gasket! $4.38
Charlie died on the back forty! Cheap!
Charlie gettin pulled by Travis bouncin his butt all the way back to a row of 30 people, all snappin pics and taking video! PRICELESS!
clappy.gif

Your day will come!
biggrin.gif

Gee Wes, I wasn't trying to ruffle anyone's feathers - it was just an introduction to a dang picture. Yeah, I know one can tow a hydro if they wanted, but I don't think anyone would tow one at 45MPH down a street full of potholes. Sheesh - down boy...

Tell ya what, let's strap one of yours up and take 'er down I-94
wink.gif

ok for some reason it let me upload that but not my international pics. I got more work to do on this lol

BRING ON THE SNOW! My #2 125 is ready for winter! The <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> windbreaker cab is on, the tire chains are on, the oil has been changed, the QA42 is mounted and greased and the fuel tank is full. Oh yeah, and the fire wood bin in the garage is full and the wood furnace chimney is clean. The fourwheeler and my tools are loaded up and I'm ready to head north to get some work done at the cabin and get my deer stand up.
happy.gif

Charlie, I tried to NOT get you on video but Travis was pulling you so fast I couldn't move the video camera fast enough to avoid getting a little of the action on tape.
happy.gif

Eric, one other thought on your snowthrower, are you sure you have the correct length lift rod? If the one you have is shorter then it's supposed to be it could be lifting the snowthrower too high causing the driveshaft to hit the subframe. I was thinking about your QAxxA as I was mounting my QA42 onto my 125.

Latest posts

Back