• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 07, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Craig,
I have a dwell/tach I use all the time to set my cubs rpm. On the single cylinders, the reading is 1/4 of actual when set on 4 cylinder. When I set the high speed, it only reads 900 rpm's, which X's 4 = 3600.

Charlie,
Take two, done. Voting later, putting dozer blade on real soon. Almost ready for winter.
With all this talk about duals and traction and snow, I think I will just run my salty 6X12 Good year AG's with a set of weights. That reminds me I have to dig out my magnetic heater for the tranny.
Just what I need more work.......

OK, I think I will put the 82 series red on my "169", but I can't find anybody that has it... I'll keep lookin. (<u>not a want ad 111)</u>

Wes - cool, I was hoping this would work. The little Craftsman job I've got has two ranges - 6000 or 1200. Can't wait to go out to the garage tonight and try out my new scheme on the KT17.

Does anyone know if this could be hooked up to a single cylinder K141 Kohler or a B&S lawn mower engine??? Do these things even have a coil? How do you measure RPM on them? Again - sorry for my ignorance...if it was a fat block chevy 454, I wouldn't be wondering what to do but these little motors are all new to me.

Kraig,
Yes, I meant calcium chloride. My grandma called it liquid lead. I call it salt water case it will eat even painted metal. I figured calling it salt water would convey the message that it's nasty stuff.

For those that weren't paying attention in chemistry class that day, calcium chloride IS a salt
wink.gif

Glen, you can try your dealer or a CaseIH Dealer for red or you can find it in the spray can at most TSC, F&F, or whatever farm supply store you have around as International Red, and if those aren't what your looking for, I am sure some of the sponsers could hook you up with what your looking for.

Does anybody have any plans to make a three point blade, or belly mount grader blade for an (86-169"?
Thanks Kevin, I'll try southern states, or some of the sponors. I'll bet Madsons has it, but I couldn't get through to them today... Tis election day here anyway.

What do I need to search on to find the internal assembly diagram of the front manual PTO? I have destroyed mine trying to get it off. 3 broken & stuck set screws. 10 carbide bits later and I am left with the PTO still holding on to the engine with no hint of waning to come off. I drilled through the screws with 10 5/16 carbide tipped bits and can see no pieces of screw left, still it wont come off. But because I cant see it doesnt make it not there anyway. I opened up the holes to 3/8 size and still cant get it off. I need to see what the internal workings look like so I can attack this pto in a different way. I just hope i havent bent the shaft hammering and prying on this pto.
bash.gif

Robert, I have a few spare SG's sitting in the garage that should be good. You can have one if you can come and get it or have someone pick it up.
bouncy.gif

HeeeHeee Charlie. Just paint fur now... I think my "169" will like it's new clothes, and a new rebuilt engine around Christmas, or early spring when I can paint her properly. Too dang cold in Maryland, but I guess it is November afterall.Oh, and nice sun shade though, I prefer a matal one like on da big IH tractors... well you know. Glen
beerchug.gif

Ed, have you tried giving her a little heat?
lazerburn.gif

I know there are three of those screws on the pto and another on the clutch hub/pulley. This was on a 71 though.

Michael that is why I want to see the internal workings so I can see how best to hot wrench it off. I want to minimize colateral damage to the rest of the engine when I start cutting.
bazooka.gif

Well that shows how my memory can be.
screwloose.gif
I forgot that there was two screws per hole. I was thinking of a propane torch not a cutting torch, to try first anyway.

I had an extra axle housing from my 882 so the wheels started a turning. I used a pair of tractor tires 24-2-4 I think and cut the side walls down so they would oval out, then I used some heavy angle to join the rearend of the 147 to the second axle housing. after letting the air out of both sets of tires I strecthed the two apart, bolted it up, and inflated the tires inside the track. works slicker than (well you know). I'll take more pictures as it is still a work in progress. I still have rig up two hand brakes so I can skid steer, but I did put a dump bed on it and a mid mount grader blade.
44000.jpg

44001.jpg

Latest posts

Back