• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 22, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't disengaged my clutch to get my Cub Cadet Original into gear. I have greased the zerk fitting and adjusted the rod that connects to the throwout bearing and the clutch break pedal. Still can't stop the drive shaft from spinning with a heavy pedal. What should I try now?

Scott A.
The first thing I would check would be to see if the clutch disc and pressure plates are stuck together.
That happens a lot especially if it sets outside.

I t has been very cold in WI, and I have been cleaning her up... maybe some water froze the plates together.
I just purchased this 62' cub and it has been real difficult to stop the drive shaft while pressing in the clutch and looking through the sight hole. I have to use way more pressure then seems normal. Like holding on to the front of the seat so I do not slide off the back. I plan on giving the Cub to my Mom as a present and am worried it will be to difficult for her. What can be done to make this a little easier?

Water and O's don't mix, I do know that.
I'm not much on Originals.
I've got one and never had an issue with it, but I'm sure someone will jump in here and fill us both in.
I might have to get another one though, just so I can put this in it!
249345.jpg

Charlie P. It's good to know that aother cub Cadet has been rescued and will be given a loving home.

Not much progress on the 147 today. After a run to town for some need supplies the day was pretty much too late to start anything so first thing in the morning... Cold weather or not.

Charlie "Digger" Proctor

That would look some good in my 61 O .
drool.gif
drool.gif
buttrock.gif

Who's going to tell Scott Adams that his mother deserves a Hydro?
asthanos.gif

Can anyone tell me what all it takes to convert a 123 manual lift over to a hydro lift? I honestly do not know much about hydros , I picked it up a while back and put it in the garage.Basically all I've done to it was pull the reflectors off the fenders and a few other things to keep em from getting messed up.About a week later I covered it up so I could do some painting in there,havent touched it since.Its missing the motor,but I do have a 241 I could put in there if I wanted too. Other then that,its all there.Part of me wants to put a motor in it,and the other part wants to put it outback or possibly get rid of it.Not sure what cylindar's & lift valves would work on it.I know somone in here has probably done a few of them.Any advice would be great.Would any of the parts off a quietline work on it?

Jonathan S.
Go to the Manuals section and download the installation instructions for the narrow frame and you will see what it takes.

Jeremiah and Harry--Thanks a bunch for the input on the 125 CubZ. I will definitely take your advice and give that a try with the carb. This is such a fun little tractor and I want to keep it in service. Planning to let dad use it over the winter for snow removal while we restore his 149.

I worked all day on the sheet metal for the 682. I think we'll have it painted by early next week. Pics and text to follow in the refurbish thread. I'm loving that ultra rare M&W Charlie!!!
drool.gif

Latest posts

Back