• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 22, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dtanner

displayname
Donald Tanner
Wayne Shytle

I think that is a great idea , I would not worry about the wear from the bolts, will it ever get used enuf for that to be a problem ??? and then you could just drill the holes bigger and tack weld in grade 8 sleeves.

Yesterday was the first time the county salted the roads,It was cold and I decided to turn on my infloor heat in my shop. today it is 50 deg here and 73 deg in my shop
bash.gif

I do have plans to slide the back wheels of the 123 into the loader bucket and move it to a nice warm shop for the winter.I hope the shock for sitting outside don`t scare it lol. Pictures later when the wife gets home so she can steer the 123.

Thanks for the input guys. I hope it works vs having to remove the rear wheel.

I wish I had a warm shop to work on my stuff like you do Don. You better get started on that 123...the clock is ticking and you have less than two years now.

Matt-

I was wondering about the use of the grade 8s. What you say makes sense and I'd rather have the bolts wear out than the holes. Maybe a grade 5 set-up would work. Those lower links have a lot of pressure on them at times like the total pull of a plow and I'm just not sure grade 2s would last. The 2s and 5s would be a lot cheaper...that's for sure.

About using Grade 2 bolts. Many years ago local farm family always bought the cheapest bolts and wondered why they constantly broke. When I found that out I surely didn't want to buy anything at their retirement auction. Grade five bolts will work and do the job just fine. Grade 8 is a bit overkill. The OEM pins if I recall correctly are more of the Grade 5 type in strentgh. Grade 2 will be too soft.

Out to work on the 147. Everyone have a safe and Happy Thanksgiving Day.

Wayne,

I've gotta ask, why not just weld ears on the lower sleeve hitch bracket so they pull in double shear?

Grade 2, 5, 8......honestly if there is slop in the connection they will all cause wear....We should all only hope we have enough free time to plow long enough to wear the holes out!!!!! (it would take a long time to do and whatever damage was done could be fixed in about 10 min. with Mr. Miller, our big blue friend!!!!!)

Happy Thanksgiving all!!!

Steve-

I see your point and it is a good one but I try never to alter anything like a hitch or even the lower links bar. The only time I do any welding there is to resize holes which is what I think you were refering to. The only other welding would be stress cracks, etc.

Thanks for the input and don't eat too much turkey!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Marlin, good to hear you didn't give up on the 147.

Can't let Don T. get too far ahead of me, here:
249300.jpg

Got the K341 into the cellar and the shrouding removed. If this was rebuilt a couple years ago it was a d--n dirty job. I'll pull the oil pan tomorrow and we'll see what's going on inside.
Off to Thanksgiving Dinner. Kentucky Fried, this year! Have a great one y'all (in my best Joe Biden style southern accent). And no comments needed on that chain!
happy.gif
happy.gif

My 125 got me
1a_scratchhead.gif
. I got 12V to the coil and spark plug wire test as good. I used a plug that I know works on my 149 sparks and runs awsum.On the 125 I have no spark ? New points and push rod , points set and moving .Could the points be dirty?? they are new!

ok no chain comment, but why is that SG laying on the floor?

Melody Schutz
The ignition switch is a new replacement from Charlie.It rolls over but no spark.There is not much on this 125 that I did not replace with new.The wiring harness is old though
bash.gif

I did check that the condenser was grounded.

I have 12 volts to the points also. It has a new coil . I`am lost as to what next.
1a_scratchhead.gif

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Yesterday, it was 60 degrees here in northwestern Minnesota, and I just had to take a hike on the 1250 Nightmare. I enjoyed about a 2.5 mile ride. Unfortunately, due to winter weather advisories, I am afraid that was the last hike of the year. What do I have to do to the Kohler to keep it safe over the winter? I turned off the gas and let the carburetor run dry. My gas in the tank is 91 octane unleaded without ethanol, laced with 2 ounces of MMO and 1 ounce of Stabil per gallon. The tank is about 1/3 full.

The only things that should be green and yellow are the NDSU Bison; Missouri Valley Champions. GO Bison!

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! May everyone have some great food and time with family! (and some cub time somehow)

Don, New points can develop a non-conductive film; file/sand and check operation with an Ohm meter or (with plug wire off) a Volt meter.

Brian, The only thing I would add to your list is an oil change. Emptying the gas tank is an option; but you've got the stabilizer in it, and that's why they sell it.

Dinner call, got to go!

Looking at Extreme Motorworks adapter from the 5 bolts CC flange to a 4 bolt golf cart type rim. Does anyone know what car make might have a 4 bolt rim?? Looking do go with a 13" or better rim.

Latest posts

Back