• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 25, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
W

wdeturck

I am reposting this on the new page.

The clutch on the M&W started to make noisrs so I pulled it out and the bushing on the clutch pulley is worn. I went to the auto parts store and they couldn't find a replacement. I can get one at McMaster-Carr for $ .60 plus shipping. Any one got bushing numbers so I can get one at the parts store? it is .750 ID x .875 OD x .750 lg. Thanks.

got a paint question, i'm refurbishing my 44a deck and it's about ready for paint. i have some cub cadet brand paint i want to use but i dont know if i should use reducer in it? also will this paint work on bare metal or should i prime it first?? i know the answer is out there somewhere. thanks.

Ted Ill>

I give the spindles on my 36 inch deck 3 pumps of grease every other mowing, so far so good.
I use mystic axle grease for all my grease fittings.

Dave B.,
Come down to Trumbull and we'll rebuild that #30 carb and make it run better than any Walbro! Install a new shaft kit and carb kit and she'll be as good as new! Kenny

Dave K,

Thanks for the info on the pivot. It's on frame that I have been trying to decide whether to use or strip out. I'll try the repair before I strip it.

Jim E

LONNY - I used to use Mystik grease on My 38" deck and had terrible results. I'd have to rebuild the bearings every couple years. I switched to LUBRIPLATE grease about 15 yrs ago and haven't had a bad bearing or seal since. The Mystik is way to thick for the high speed close tolerances of those tapered roller spindle bearings. Dad had great results with Mystik in His IH 2-ME corn picker many years ago with all those low speed plain bushings (400-500 rpm or less) but those spindles turn several thousand RPM. WYATT probably has some ASAE papers saved on His PC on the topic.

An APB to all you Earthlink users (AGAIN!) that want to sign up for usernames here!

TURN OFF EARTHLINK'S SPAMBLOCKER FOR [email protected] BEFORE YOU EVEN THINK OF SIGNING UP!!!

The automated e-mails will NEVER reach you if you don't, and Bob and I don't have time to go chasing down permission from each of you.

If we get a SpamBlocker message, we will delete your application. Instructions are plainly noted in the signup area - READ THEM.

Well, since Denny volunteered me
happy.gif

Mandated max tip speed of a rotary mower is 19K RPM, assuming a 38" deck's small blade is 12" long (don't know for sure) the max the bearing should be seeing is about 6050RPM At the very least I'd guess the blade runs at 1.5 x top engine speed, so that would be 5400 RPM. At those speeds I'd almost think that the bearings should run in an oil bath rather than greased. . . . .

WYATT - I'd have to measure those tiny end blades to be sure but I'm thinking they're more like 9"-10" long. I agree with You on the oil. I've always felt My 44" deck pulled easier than the 38" because of the step-up ratio used to spin the outside blades fast enough to cut well.

So last weekend I woke up to the sounds of engines buzzing through my yard. I peek out the window to see this...
19107.jpg

<font size="+2">Kraig??? What are you doing? It's 6:30 in the morning!!!!</font>

Art, you know full well that it was more like 9:00AM when I started mowing and you likely didn't take the photo until 9:30AM. :eek:)

And what were you doing on this green thing?

19109.jpg

Eating donuts from the looks of it.....
Sheez...
uhoh.gif

<font size="-2">Note to self: Don't make fun of Kraig anymore!</font>

happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Art, I think your wife just feeds you too much.

19111.jpg

Breakfast.

19112.jpg

Just some of what was for lunch.

Wait a second here...there was tractor carnage in Art's yard and Steve and I weren't invited? Geez....

How do you like that Haban? Wife and I were mowing together Monday night, I was on the 582 w/sped up 50" & her on the 1872 w/Haban. I knew the 50" didn't throw clippings as far as the Haban, but side by side, you can REALLY tell the difference. Haban throws clippings at least 10'...50"...MAYBE 4'.

Those Haban blades have about 3/4 of the blade tip width dedicated to wing..and it does a good job.

Ryan, you'll have to take up the guest list details with Art.
19114.jpg

19115.jpg

BTW....
I LOVE that Haban 60" deck! The blades on mine look like an elephant's ice-skates, but the deck still cuts fantastic!

Ryan-
If you and Amanda were mowing together, where was Cyrus?

Back