• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 25, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As far as crankshafts go, I'd think sponsors would have plenty around, especially considering that to get a good keyseat the shaft should be welded over and the key cut opposite the old key, I'd be willing to bet that the cost of machine work is more than a used crankshaft, even if it needed a undersize cut. If I've got some sitting around I'd certainly think that they'd be easy to find from a sponsor.
19130.jpg

Ryan-
You're right, an articulated 4wd might do better, but the trailing adapter is still going to take weight off the tractor. I think that on top of the fact it's leaving you at a disadvantage it's weight restriction might be tough to get around with the force required to pull a plow.

Wyatt -

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

I think that on top of the fact it's leaving you at a disadvantage it's weight restriction might be tough to get around with the force required to pull a plow.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>Thanks, I was gonna post a similar thought when I got home.

Even if it could handle the forces, I wonder if it would help or hurt the ability to plow a straight furrow. Any given PD shows that we don't need any more hindrances to straight plowing than we already have. My thought would be that it'd hurt, but what do I know...

Everyone should note that the plow is NOT listed as one of the compatible attachments. Prolly a reason for that
wink.gif

MAN! Kraig sent me some goodies today.
19132.jpg

Be sure and CLICK HERE to get the videos from PD7 and the WFM's Spring Break!
And yes Art and Steve B. I saw what you guys were doin behind that guy on the JD, tisk tisk tisk, LOL

Ryan,
Hide that plow in the back corner of one of your sheds. I can't get it to repaint till at least mid July!! Sorry. Maybe you can throw some old diapers over it to hide the color. CJM

Kraig, Charlie "M",
Any idea of the cost on the Cat. "O" disc?? Planning on having a Cat "O" on the smoker this weekend!
biggrin.gif

It's been awhile since I have visited the site and I am hoping that you can help me.

I have a 107 that I keep having a problem with the main 42" mowing deck pulley going out of round and the keyway getting out of shape.

This is the 2 pulley that I have replaced in the last 2 years. This year at the start of mowing season I replaced the main spindle and the pulley at the same time with new parts from Madison's. I also replaced the mule drive belt, the PTO was rebuilt last year with new springs and friction clutch.

I also am having a problem with the last two pulleys hitting the front casting on the 42" deck.

What am I doing wrong here? I am not running the tractor in high grass and I am mowing at near full throttle as recommended by the owners manual.

Thanks,
Rick

Charlie,

Who says you can have some fun while plowing???????
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

It looks like we were being impatient, but it was really some guys down on the headland making some funny motions, etc. that started it all up......wondered how that would look on video.....

Art's just still PO'ed that Ryan and I tore up his yard!!!!

happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

<font size="-2">OK, so maybe we were a little impatient too.....</font>
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

But it does add a little "3 Stooges" type entertainment value!!!!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
We didn't let Bryan steal the show this time around.......

(Message edited by sblunier on May 28, 2004)

(Message edited by sblunier on May 28, 2004)

Rick L

My guess is that you need to replace the races as well as the bearings. Sounds like you are out of round.

Got a closeup of that cover photo on the Spring Break 2004? Looks familiar..
happy.gif

And for Kraig, we bought a Sony Digital camcorder last weekend, so Amanda w\can take some video at PDs.

Is it just me or is anyone else starting to believe that "Iowa" is Sioux Indian for "rains like hell on Saturdays"??????

Went through 8' of steel line trying to get these right, but it doesn't look too bad. I hate having to use rubber hose for anything that I don't have to, this is a perfect application, (1) because most older Cub Cadets came from the factory with steel or copper fuel line,(2) I don't have to worry about hoses chaffing, coming off, little hose clamps or spring bands, and sorta adds to the "big tractor look" by some attempt at routing lines together like injection lines.

19137.jpg

19138.jpg

The "eagle eyes" out there will notice I've got the "in" and "out" reversed on the fuel pump from where they typically are, the valve housing on the pump can be orientated 4 differnt ways, though only 2 work without causing the outlet fittings interference with the crankcase.

(Message edited by wcompton on May 29, 2004)

All I have is the digital camera so the video is crappy, but you'll see Art behind the JD and Steve B, bringin up the rear. Notice Art balks once and then goes for it, LOL
It's a 14 meg clip so it will take a while for dialup users.
CLICK HERE

THANKS TO KRAIG FOR ANOTHER GREAT JOB!!!!

Wyatt -

No, I'm thinking Iowa means "create lots of rain and send it into Northern Illinois almost every day"
wink.gif

Iowa isn't the ONLY state that's contending with flooding...

Wyatt,
I'm just curious where you are going to mount the coil.
BTW nice plumbing job! I like using hard line too.
I plumbed front and rear outlets on my 149 using
3/8 tubing. I must have used about 5 5' sections to get it right.

(Message edited by tmarkle on May 29, 2004)

Anyone here "read" their plugs?

I just pulled the plug (autolite) on the 169 and it was white, so I turned the high speed jet out one full turn (didn't seem to change the performance). I'll check it again after I mow, white just seems a little to hot to me.

Matt

Bryan-
Sorry, didn't realize it was that bad over your way.

Todd-
I'm going to mount the coil either the same way as the Quiet Line tractors do above the starter or I'll mount it where the voltage regulator normally is on a 122, I'm leaning towards the latter but I'm concerned with how much heat can be in that area. I figured that the left side of a Cub Cadet engine is busy enough with the carb, fuel pump, points, governor, that I didn't need to add a coil to the mess.

Latest posts

Back