• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 22, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ed M.
From what I can gather your talking about the PTO on the front of the engine? Or the mule drive that sets just under the frame in the front that guides the belt through the pulleys back to the deck?
I'm confused.
confused.gif

Myron, Charlie, Curtis, Wayne, I'm not sure what engine Denny was referring to, as the Onan does NOT have an O-ring either.
dunno.gif

Terry, you sure are giving that 147 a workout! What are you going to do when you run out of projects?
happy.gif

Ed M., I assume you are talking about the PTO clutch on the front of the engine. I highly recommend that you get a service manual for your 106, it will be quite handy for more then the PTO issue you are having now. See the "Binder Books" link button at the top of the page, they have service and operator's manuals for your Cub and attachments. We can help you along some but the manual is very nice to have on hand. In any case, here are several entries in the FAQ that cover the mechanical PTO to get you started. Here are some links to the FAQ entries:

PTO 1

PTO 2

PTO 3

Kraig...Yeah, there is more about that "O" in question. For the same reason piston rings are not made of rubber, I'm having a hard time digesting an "O" ring on the points pushrod. The high-speed friction would eat the "O" ring in short order, oil splashed on one side or not...I also looked at TC-193 and there is indeed an "O" ring in the ONAN points box assembly but it doesn't fit on the pushrod. So, I have no idea of what Dennis meant while you two were discussing oil fouling of the points of your respective ONAN engines. I've never had the problem, so have never disassembled that area and looked. About the only thing I'm sure of is that there isn't any such on a Kohler.

Myron B

Myron, looks to me like Denny was referring to a K301 in that post on the 21st. We were done with the Onan discussion on the 17th....... <font size="-2">Not sure where that O-ring is in the points box on an Onan, are you sure it's not a grommet? I'll have to look in my Onan parts book tonight.</font>

Good Morning-
Another new cub owner type-question thingy here..
While I was installing a new relief-valve 'flapper' thing on my 1450 last night, I noticed the ragged remnants of a fan before the hydro unit. I crusied the site and see that there is supposed to be a hydro fan there.

Is that fan a "You better replace it now or your hydro will grenade" kinda part or is it a "fix it in the winter when you don't have to mow" kinda part?

(And I guess I oughta get a manual so I can at least know what the heck these parts are called...)

I know this question has been answered before,however I can't find it! Will a regular GM regulator fit my 8 & 9 series tractors?

Myron, The 122 is back! Thanks for your help. I retested before installing the ignition switch, found the coil was the problem. Cub dealer reluctantly returned my switch and sold me a Kohler coil. Cut my acre last night. Later used 3 cans of degreaser on the old girl. The center blade seems to be cutting too high. Spacers?

Got tied up with work and was off-list for a bit but...

Don: Thanks for the tip on the front-end play. I'm hoping to have a go at it this weekend. Got some big 3/4 bolts in the barn that ought to work.

Kraig: I'll fix that throttle this weekend, too. Also have a nagging gas leak at the carb I've got to see to. I found that MOST of my trouble with the front end is with the axle mount and the little pivot fitting on the rod that attaches to the steering column. The tie-rod ends seem to be in fair shape but the similar fitting at the column is worn right out.

Also, for those of you who care about such things, I picked up a Kubota L3130 a couple weeks ago to handle some heavy work I need to do. What fun having a front-end loader. Now I'm thinking I'll put some ags on my 129 and use it to smooth out the rough work the FEL does with the front blade I got. Can't wait.

Back