• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 05, 2017

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Harry-in the morning I'll see if I can get some good closer shots of the chunk that's missing in the cylinder skirt,from what my engine guru says this engine should be totally rebuildable after all but I'm think for the sake of forward progress on Iron Patriot I'm going to explore the duel hydros motor.when I picked up these tractors last week I pulled the sticks on both motors...one had no oil..the broken one and duel hydro has plenty of good "clean/cleaner oil" so my hopes are high for that engine.ill post an update tomorrow when I look at it more in depth

Harry-thanks for moral support at least the current motor isn't the total loss that was presumed before the closer inspection this evening by my motor guru,Think I'll do a few laps around my yard on the 125 tomorrow to get me refocused LOL

I went to the Napa store and O'reileys to find some paint.
I gave all the paint numbers (for 901 white) to them, and they both said none of these numbers match up with anything.
I even went online to try, and no luck with any numbers.
help.gif

Attachments

• help.gif
    help.gif
    931 bytes · Views: 91
Marty G.
There's VERY few people out there that can tell/or care about the difference in paints, so why worry about it, LOL
Go with the Case IH Federal Yellow and 935 White and make your tractor pretty.
If you really want to make the 935 look like the 901, add a little Cadillac olive pearl to it, it doesn't take much.

Marty G. Scroll down CLICK HERE to the IH Cream Code 101. Across from it is the Ditzler and DuPont matches. You will have your color. for the 902 match you need to go to around 1950 model year. This is a thing an old timer from a paint store told me years ago. It's the truck versions of the IH agricultural equipment paint. Higher quality paint. Hope this helps. ( I should probably write some of these little nuances down that I've learned from many years past. Only thing is.... no one cares. Such things as the original FARMALL Regulars and early F series weren't decals but stenciled on. The decal trim gold on the FARMALL F series are a two colored gold trim. The International Cub Cadet decal on the Originals A are the same size and the decals weren't rectangular however were a formed cut shape. There actually was a factory placement for such decals but due to new personal being trained or someone not caring is the reason decals on the Originals weren't always in the same place. Etc....
happy.gif

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 95
All my restored Originals, 70's and 100's are painted with DuPont Nason urethane. I found a nice area under the hood of a " babied" 100 and got a real close match. The guy that does my painting has the can with the number and If anyone is interested, I can probably get the paint code. Personally I like the way the 935 looks with the Federal Yellow, but . . .

Marlin,

Thanks for the info.
Since I am only dealing with O"s, 70/100 models, I only wanted a 901 match.

I found a website with old IH color charts (also others).
It is: Auto Color Library.com.

The cream 101 was not shown, but it was listed as a color used from 1940-1942.
I am not sure if it is the right color or not.

The earliest two cream colors shown were Palomino Cream 102 (1951-1954), and Yuma Cream 108.
These cream colors are more beige looking than white.

The earliest white that looked like cub cadet white is the 8163 Whitecap White, which was used from 1957-1958.
The next white is Alpine White, used in 1966, and then in 1967 a Metro White.

The quote I got from the NAPA store for a "guess-at" color was $35 a pint! Yes, they said per pint!

There was one more place, a paint division of O'reileys.
They wanted $38 for a quart, but I had to take a part that was flat with the color on it to scan and try to match it.

I will probably just take Charlie's advice since I already have 5+ quarts of 935 white.

Paul,

Thanks for the info.
It is almost impossible to find someone around here that sells auto paint, especially a mixed color.
The prices are out the roof at the places I did find.

Latest posts

Back