• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 10, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kweaver

displayname
KENtuckyKEN
Runs good. Accelerates good off idle and mows good (as good as a crappy 42" deck can).

Charlie - Kathy's birthday is the 22<sup>nd</sup> and she wants NEW gauge wheels and bolt axles for a 50C for her present.
clappy.gif

Thanks Donald for pointing this out to me.Now I know that I have a 42 inch deck.The 85 inch belt that I have is about 6 inches too long so that must mean I need a 78 or a 79 inch belt.Thanks again.Keith W.

Randy,
I don't know how they last, but I do think you can buy enough of the decals for the price of a NOS dash tin... BTW, our sponsors cary the decals, just click on those boxes above....
thumbsup.gif

Can't keep the 127 crankin' long enough now to start. May have got the gen to hot and wounded it.

I cleaned out some rust in the carb bowl and re-set the float so now it doesn't pour gas out. The coil or condenser may be weak. I tested it with a test plug (plug with wire and clip soldered on ground) and it was a little weak looking but I wasn't getting full RPM crankin' either. Points look good and I checked the gap and that's good. Anyway it's sittin' in the way in front of the garage and the 1882 is outside and rain is coming. I have a feeling the 1882 is gonna get to boom the 127 outta da way !!

Frank C - Bring yer Deere tool down here. I pinched a nerve in my back/hip and I'm fed up with this thing !!

KENtuckyKEN

I have a few breather covers here that have a small hole drilled into them.I was
1a_scratchhead.gif
as to what the hole was for till one day I stuck the little tube that comes with WD40 and it fit perfect. I have used that hole a few times in the winter to get them running. Just a thought. Don T
( a two pill day today) mowed the lawn and put in .5 cord of wood left over from last year

Donald - I just got it put in the garage back door. I put an extra trolling battery on it that I have sitting around and I had the charger on 100 amp boost PLUS I put a rusted plug in that probably hasn't been fired in 15 years and it started up.
3 pill day and they aren't helping ... I'm going in the house.

RANDY R. - To add to what Scott said, I used an OEM CC dash decal on my 129 refurbish years ago. Don't know if it was the same quality as those available on e-pay. I don't shop there.

Dash decal is difficult to apply, unfortunately I got a wrinkle in it, going over two bends and trying to line up the amp gauge hole, steering column hole, lighter hole, throttle cut-out, choke, hydro speed lever, etc.

It didn't really look any different after 15 years usage than it looked after installation.

DONALD - That little hole in the breather covers is to let oil mist collected by the mesh pad in the breather box drain back into the crankcase. I'm not sure how your getting the WD-40 into the combustion chamber to help fire the engine in cold weather that way.

But then, I think it was Hot-Rod magazine built up a 350 Chevy engine years ago, left a shop rag in the lifter valley when they dropped the intake manifold on. SOMEHOW it ended up INSIDE a cylinder during the dyno run, which pretty much destroyed the engine. Never figured out how That happened either. I knew it would end up in the oil pan, but then how did it get inside a combustion chamber? All the rods & pistons were relatively intact.

Keith W.,
My 129 with a 42" deck, uses a 1/2" wide x 80" long belt. It is driven by the engine PTO mechanical clutch, down past the two mule drive pulleys and to the center deck pulley.
Which is the same belt that is called for in the FAQ section: http://cubfaq.com/belts.html

Be aware if your deck pulley is well worn, the edge can become sharp and will cut down this belt in less than one mowing season. If the bearings in the mule drive pulleys are worn and allow these two pulleys to twist on their axis some, you'll toss that new belt faster than you can put it back on! Lastly, this belt takes a long & twisted path - unlike the belt driving the deck blades or the starter/generator belt, those belts may last for years. This belt will likely become stiff over a few months of sitting idle (like all winter) and will tear, cut or just continually be tossed off during your first/second outing the following Spring. In such case, you'll just need to replace it with a fresh, new belt.

Of course, don't try a hardware, furnace or automotive belt as they can't take the twisting, so they won't last long...

(Oh, and it's wicked voodoo / bad Karma to put JD-labeled belts on a Cub!
icon_eek.gif
There's no telling what would happen; I've never done it & I don't what to find out either!)
Good Luck!
thumbsup.gif

Ryan Wilke
coffee.gif

Scott Tanner, thanks for the diagram. Perfect. I've been reading here about the decks and belts and can chime in. I talked my brother into getting a 149 so I could help him if needed. We were having the same problems. As it turned out my center pulley on my 149 was an inch smaller than his. These tractors change hands over the years and you never know what the last guy did. Our problem was solved. Go from an 80 inch belt to an 81.

Does anyone know where i can get my k321aqs overhauled at near western ky? I have 3 k321's that i need to make into one to put in my 1450. Thanks in advance

Hello All. I purchased a 129 last year and I'm having some troubles with it this year. It seems as if the battery is not getting charged while the tractor is running. My dad and I tested the s/g and it passed the test...any ideas as to why the battery would not be getting charged back up? All the wires seem to be in good condition and all are tight. Right now, we jump the tractor to get it started and after a little while the tractor stops running. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Kristen, voltage regulator is proably bad.

Dustin , there is a place here in murray called tucker autimotive they will do it there phone number is 270-753-6593

My moter on my 122 says k-301 as a means special oil pan s meansS - integrated electric start (no starter/generator) mine has a s/g??
1a_scratchhead.gif

hey guys, real quick question...

Will headlights from a 123 bolt into a 100? They look like a straight bolt in.

thanks guys!

Lucas, does your oil dip stick mount on the side or go through the top of the block? The only difference, I think, between yours and mine is the fly wheel and the dip stick locations. they changed those alot through the years. Someone correct me if im wrong here, ive been known to be wrong before
err.gif

Latest posts

Back