Archive through May 10, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah. I got a rebuilt creeper gear on ebay for 200 bucks. I still haven't found a use for 1st gear.

The rear end was making a "ticking" noise when in gear 2nd or 5th gear. Just recently it started jerking. I am guessing a broken tooth.

KENDELL - I saw the "SC" on the left one, but the whole shape & contour looks exaclty like My old gal. jugs Rotella & anti-freeze come in. BTW, I absolutely HATE the new Rotella jugs.

Forget which PD it was, maybe #2 or #3, but Travis S. who hosted this spring's PD had some real nice plasma or flame-cut steel weights all powder-coated for sale, little bigger than the MWSC 10# weights but not as big as the jd Skidsteer weights lots of people use. Think they were around 15 to 20#.

RICHARD P. - The safety hitch pin Ken posted will work fine for pulling Your cart but I normally just use a 1/2" dia. bolt 5-6 inches long, drilled at the bottom for a hairpin safety pin so it doesn't fall out. My big tandem axle Prenevost dumpcart has 5/8" dia holes in the hitch clevis so I use a 5/8" bolt in it, I hook it to a short drawbar that bolts to the Cat. O 3-point to sleeve hitch adapter so I can raise & lower the front of the cart with the hydraulics. The drawbar weight even empty is almost too much for Me to lift anymore, the cart weighs 650# empty!

Seth O.-

Yeah, that sounds like a broken tooth. BTW, I'd refer to it as 2nd gear with the creeper engaged and not "5th gear." There is no 5th gear in a Cub Cadet...

1st gear + engaged creeper = tiller speed.

I use a 1/2" drawbar pin. I rarely use the hairpin retaining clip in it...

151530.jpg

151531.jpg

Denny, I thought pretty much the same thing (gallon jugs) when I saw Kendell's weights.

Luther- nice 102! thats fine if you got another motor handy, use it if it will fit. i dont know if it will or not. i have a 71 and 72 only. but i would have the old 102 motor re-built! thats a fact! hey... another man's junk is another man's treasure! good luck with it. looks like a good one to put a nice paint job on!
greenthumb.gif

I generally use a ball lock pin, (push the release stud in the center of the pin, the locking balls retract) which means that the hole for the pin in whatever I'm towing needs to be the same size as the pin.. Benefit? No hairpins or nuts to lose. Drawback is having to tack a washer on the bottom of the tongue, if the hole is too large. I've lost regular pins in the snow..

BTW - those Sc*g weights are about 40 lbs apiece, Sc*g dealer wanted $90.00 apiece for more than the 3 I got with the mower..

Had my #1 782 on tiller duty over the weekend and it worked great as always. However, while disconnecting the tiller yesterday afternoon, I noticed HyTran dripping on the floor from the mower lift rockshaft arm. Removed the tunnel cover and found that the seal/O-ring around the hydraulic cylinder ram leaking. Are these cylinders serviceable? Has anyone had experience putting in a seal kit?

I used the parts lookup and see there are two different cylinders used with a cutover at Serial No. 678913. There is a seal kit listed, #759-3431, but I'm not sure which cylinder that kit is for or maybe it applies to both. The lookup feature is not very clear on this. My 782 serial number is 692000+ so it is above the cutover and would be the later type cylinder.

Sorry, my bad. 2nd gear. 400 bucks for a new gear. hmmm. I only paid 200 for the tractor.

hey all,
i am looking for advice/opinions.
I just got some use gears and a main shaft for my 128's transmission.
yea Christmas in may.
But they have been out of a tranny long enough to rust some and pick up lots of grass, sawdust, etc.
They still have some hytran on them.
what would bee your prefered cleaning method.

I had thought of emory cloth like plumbers use for the rust, and maybe a wire brush.
then finish off with carb cleaner and air compressor.

comments welcome, this is my first time in a transmission

oh one others thing how critical is it not to turn bearings in the transmisson while you have it
open/ drained. I notice its mentioned in the manuel.
thanks,
charles

Seth:
Start hittin' up those sponsors at the top of the page that handle used parts (there's at least two that do) - I'm sure you can come up with a solution for less than $400.00
thumbsup.gif

I am 64 and if i live long enough i will learn this picture posting thing. The 102 runs and works good. But i was afraid my neighbors would call the fire dept. I will install the 301 until get the 241 rebuilt. Thanks.
151535.jpg

151536.jpg

Luther, Looks like you have the picture posting thing nailed.
thumbsup_old.gif
. I just noticed that that 102 has a creeper drive. Man. Some guys have all the luck! I'm happy for ya.
old.gif

to rbarnes,try binder books in oregon binderbooks.com that is where i get my decals and manuals good luck

Kraig,
You still go snow on the ground up there? Its been cool down here but really.
err.gif

I got a bag in the mail the other day.
151541.jpg

I also stopped by the local IH dealer and got some parts to fix my leaky axle.
151542.jpg

I decided to remove a stump from the backyard using the front hoe. Here is the stump, its about 14" in diameter.
151553.jpg

151554.jpg

151555.jpg

151556.jpg

151557.jpg

151558.jpg

151559.jpg

151560.jpg

Luther...n i c e
thumbsup.gif
The 102/122 are my favorite Cubs

Finally got the 1450 runnin good, it was giving me fits for a while...stupid little piece of something in the carb. It still stumbles a little about mid range on the throttle but thats getting better. Finally got a chance to pick up a deck for it too, got a 44C and the wrong mule drive and hanger...lol... we didn't notice the differences in the hanger set ups but as soon as I get a chance I can pick up the right pieces. Our landlord has already mowed twice for us so I have to get my but in gear before he starts charging us extra.

Sometime ago someone had a post about putting aftermarket bearings in the 44"/50" deck spindles. If anyone has this info please pass it along.

Thanks

Scott

Latest posts

Back