• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 23, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, someone didnt believe my wife plows and the 582 is for her. So, I get to brag a bit. Here are a couple of pics of her plowing on a model 100, she is in the grey jacket ahead of me on my 70. This was a couple of years ago before she got injured at the vol fire dept, she should be clear of the workers comp stuff by late next month so she can get back to the fun stuff. Cheers Mike and Michele T
81498.jpg

81499.jpg

hey willie do you have any pictures of your 104 and 126. Also im just wondering how you got yours. if you look at the last page you can see my 100 to date. im still working on it hopin to paint more this week.

Greg L. That is the 15U cylinder block kit.

Richard C. Thank You for posting the picture.

If I ask this question in the wrong place is someone more likely to see & know ? I am on about my 1720 CCC lawn tractor. The Hydro looks like a 15U. My immediate question is which plug to unscrew to drain the fluid without having springs & valves all over me? And, should it be stiff to turn the input shaft by hand?
81505.jpg

81506.jpg

81507.jpg

81508.jpg

Willie: Nothing makes me happier than to see a young one join our hobby. My son started his love of "old iron" around that age. He is 34 now and we still share the same hobby.

What you learn about these old Cubbies you can apply your experience to many other things. Good luck and do not be afraid to ask!!

Welcome---------Pops

WYATT, Marlin - About two jobs ago I used to deal with a couple different divisions of DANFOSS. To say they're Top Notch is an understatement! They're Darn good at everything they do. They're design life to failure is so far beyond that the normal is in their industries it's silly. Kinda like when IH designed something and was serious about it.

Just because I hadn't run it for MONTHS I got the 72 & snowblower out Sat. afternoon and frankly the QA-36 made a better blade than it did blower.

Restoring a 66' 122 and the previous owner butchered up my heat shields for the newer head design on the original K301. Are there revised heat shields available or do I need to customize something?

Are you referring to Item #7 or item #63 in the drawing below? The correct part to fit the newer head style should be available.

81513.jpg

Items #7 & #63, as interference from the plug affects both. Nice schematic.
I'm not sure if something from a 128 would work, but I'd like to preserve the original look.

thanks

I know that they made them, as the replacement K301 in one of my 125s has the newer style. Your best bet would be to place an add in the wanted section.

81515.jpg

well i checked out my muffler.when i took it off it still somked straight out of the block. so i took off the breater it looked good i even fired it up with breather off it still smoked i checked the compresion again it was still good. anymore advice from you guys?,jared

Since we've been on the Sauer-Danfoss topic lately.

After many months of snooping and talking, I finally got through to the right people at Sauer-Danfoss.
So the big brown truck brought me a package today, that I thought I would share with everyone.
81520.jpg

81521.jpg

81522.jpg

Jared C,
Did you go by IH's suggestion on starting an engine that's been in storage for a while? One of my manuals says to put a 1:1 mixture of oil/gas on top of the cylinder about an ounce and crank the motor with the spark plug out. This mixture helps to break free stuck rings and helps wash off any varnish in the cylinder. After that put the plug back in and start the motor. Run a heavy mixture of MMO in the gas and see if the rings break free and seal up better.

I know you said it had good compression, but could be a false reading somehow.

thats what im thinking-false reading i think im just gonna sell it,jared

Whoa!!!
Don't give up just yet. I'd run it around and see if it clears up first. It may just get better on it's own. Known to happen. Maybe try a shot of that Sea Foam some folks rave about. (I've never tried it or thought I needed to)

Sea Foam is good stuff. You could also try Yamaha Ring Free, not cheap but it is good stuff.

Nice delivery there Charlie, I need to get myself one of those bottom auto relief valves, one on the 982 is bad. I have a manual release there for the moment. Mike

Back