• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 23, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wgray

displayname
Willie Gray
Hi guys, I am new to this whole thing, I joined a few days ago. I am only 13. I will try to figure stuff out.

Thanks

Willie welcome to the forum. The guys here know all there is to know and are more than helpful most of the time.

Just a word to the wise, these little tractors are addicting First it's one then two then it just gets out of hand. They really do make for fun projects and learning experiances.

Sauer Danfoss came to be around seven to eight years ago. We've really grown since then and still continue to grow. HydroGear is a part of our company. Their transmissions if I recall correctly use the BDU10 and BDU21 series of pumps in their systems. World of difference between a 15U and one of them. Without going upstairs and getting my literature on them the 10 series is for lawn tractors only. That unit has five pistons in the cylinder block kit. The 21 series which is used in the garden tractor line and the Cub Cadet i series (which has the two separate pump/motor drive on the rear wheels) has seven pistons in the cylinder block kit. For the life of me I just can't remember how many pistons on in the 15 series. Those smaller units aren't built to withstand what a 15 series can and the 15 series won't take the workload of an 18 or 20 series. There is a difference also between the IH built with 15U transmissions and the HydroGear transmissions. I am not saying the HydroGear unit isn't a quality system. Like a lot of things manufactured in today's world they aren't going to last as long if you try and do the same workload as we've done with our old Cub Cadets and the early MTD built Cub Cadets that used the 15U in the transmissions. Simply stated: The HydroGear is a quality built product only is smaller in design to accomodate a place in the market they are needed in. To actually do the same work as the old school Cub Cadets used to do one must move up to a C.U.T. model.

Willie G. Again. Welcome Aboard.
wave.gif
Guys check his profile. He has a nice start with a 104 and a 126.

(I'm off to bed. 2:30 a.m. comes around pretty early.)

i just bought a new house and couple acres in the country and what do you think was laying in the barn an old dirty 1250 cub. i called the seller this is his story,,
he said he put in to much oil and the thing quit running. he said i could have it.i drug it up to my garage then started to work on it i had it fired up and purring like a kitten in ten minutes. but it smokes like crazy i mean BAD. so i did a compression check my gauge got 130 psi.WOW the best my other ones have is 100psi then 2 have 80 psi they all run fine and have gobs of power.so why does the 1250 smoke so much it cant be rings can it with that much compresion?,,jared

Jared, how did you test your compression? I have read, that these engines have compression release so they are easier to start. Therefore, the standard compression test gives inaccurate results. They are not like car engines, where you can pull the plug, screw in the test gauge, then crank the engine for compression. That being said, my guess is either bad rings or valves. Let's see what the others suggest. -Brian.

just a quick? how much commpression should a kohler have,i guess its hard to check with the auto comp.release though.jared

Jared C.-

I second Allen, you have a muffler full of oil. It'll eventually quit doing that if you run it enough.

I would make sure the crank case is full, then fire it up and run at full power for several min. to heat up the muffler and burn off any excessive oil, or you can remove the muffler and fire it up and see how much it smokes with no muffler, granted it will be loud, but you can see the true output from the cylinder, if its throwing oil out the exhaust ect. Also make sure the breather is working correctly, a stopped up breather will force oil past the rings quite well, even if the rings are good. Let us know what you find out. Mike and Michele T

willie - an Aussie welcome young man.

Marlin/Matt/Myron/Wyatt - thanks for all the good stuff in Sauer-Danfoss etc. I know I should be down the page, so could y'all just look down in CCC/MTD-Graeme's Continental. Please.

I'm probably the only one here that doesn't know, but Richard C, what is that picture of?
dunno.gif

Latest posts

Back