• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Cub Cadet 1330 PTO removal square key

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zack Morvin

Hi new to the forum, bough a 1330 riding mower from the previous owner of the house I just bought.
Am looking to remove the engine so am trying to remove the electric PTO at the the moment.
I got the bolt below the deck rotor off, as well as the rotor (number 10 in the diagram im posting), but cant seem to figure out how to get the sqauare key / rest of the assembly off.
New homeowner and would appreciate any help if possible.
Thanks in advance, diagram below:

https://www.partstree.com/models/13...arden-tractor-sn-207401-239300/pto-clutch-24/
full (2).png

Zack , there is no easy cure ..Some come easy,some are rusted on.Mfg do not use lube when they're put together..Lots of penetrating spray and patience,an occassional tap might help.I've had to cut them off before .A bearing puller should help but not much clearance for one .Be careful with heat because of bearing seals behind the pulley..It might be easier to pull the engine first..Unless you intend to dismantle engine is there a reason to take it off?

Thanks, Gary, the ultimate goal is to get the engine off to clean out a large amount of gunk that has built up on the frame and the bottom of the engine, as well as swap out some wiring, is there a way to get the engine off without disassembling the PTO?

Zack,it's been awhile but isn't that a 12.5 kohler? Basically mounting bolts (4), elec. and fuel. I don't remember drive shaft mount.A quick internet search "how to remove engine from cubcadet 1330" will bring up several videos.It's best to learn as much as you can this way because it's visual. good luck

Hello Zack. I own several Cub Cadet 1330's and in doing my own maintenance over the years have successfully removed the electric PTO clutch from them several times to replace worn out and broken drive belts. The answer to the dilemma you described is NOT to disassemble the electric PTO but to first remove bolt #8 in the diagram using either a ratchet or impact wrench and a 3/4" socket. This allows dropping the entire electric clutch as a unit (#s 10, 11, 12 and 13).

When you pull downward on it to drop the entire unit the square key should come out with it. If it is rusted tightly to the shaft, then soaking it with penetrating oil and using an air hammer will usually break the rust and allow the entire electric clutch to be dropped as a unit.

I hope this helps!
Hi new to the forum, bough a 1330 riding mower from the previous owner of the house I just bought.
Am looking to remove the engine so am trying to remove the electric PTO at the the moment.
I got the bolt below the deck rotor off, as well as the rotor (number 10 in the diagram im posting), but cant seem to figure out how to get the sqauare key / rest of the assembly off.
New homeowner and would appreciate any help if possible.
Thanks in advance, diagram below:

https://www.partstree.com/models/13...arden-tractor-sn-207401-239300/pto-clutch-24/View attachment 155521

Latest posts

Back