• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 23, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jared, don't give up on the old girl ! If there has been an abundance of oil up top it will take a while. I've had some that would smoke for a couple hours before it cleaned up, I've always filled the top end as much as I could with PB Blaster or tranny fluid or whatever for a week or so before I tried to start an engine with an unknown history.

Well, I've been working on the 147 today. I've come across some things that the PO did that have baffled me. He took a large screw at the PTO and locked them together. Upon taking this out I've found that the PTO will not spin nearly as fast not when engaged as it did previously when the screw was in. I guess I need to adjust the PTO ??? I really don't know. Any suggestions would be helpful. I want to get this mowing soon. My grass here in NC is getting long already! Thanks guys.

Graeme T. If'n it's a HydroGear and a Series 70 it's more than likely a BDU10L. They'll look like a smaller version of a 15U. On that style of transmission a 15U is overkill.

WYATT and Dennis. THANK YOU for the good words about our company. It is a fantastic place to be with. It is truly a company that recognizes someone's talent and then helps them to further develop and use that talent. Two weeks ago my facilitator gave me my review. He said that I am one of those that does over 98% of my daily workload without supervision. To me that is one heck of an honor.

Charlie P. Congratulations. So now are you a distributor of Sauer Danfoss products? (Those more than likely came from our Air Port Road facility. Lots of great people there.) If so how about checking into the price(s) of some new 15U ported and non ported Hydros. Also, the cylinder block kits and the valve plates, and the implement relief springs, etc.
happy.gif

Jared C. For heaven's sake... if'n you're gonna give up on that little fella bring it to Plow Day at Travis' and I'll give it a loving home. Just kidding there. Like the rest have said... Don't give up on it yet. Patience is virtue.

Keith,
I would try the Sea Foam Spray. Start the motor put it at about 1/4 throttle and the spray enough to stall out the motor, then let it sit over night. Start it the next day(it will take some cranking) but when it starts its going to smoke but then after running it, it will burn out the carbon built up in the motor and help to free up your ring. Thats what we did on an old ford 641 workmaster. It cleaned it out and freed up the stuck vavle. Well worth the money. My .02 cents
Cody

Wes- If you don't get that 147 ready in time, just holler!! I'll bring in my 149 to mow with. I plan on mowing tomorrow, depending on weather. Give me a call, we can bs about cubs!!
headphones.gif

Kraig, Cody, I have a 102 that's acting like the rings are stuck and tried pb blaster, mmo, diesel fuel, Nothing works. it burns oil, but has plenty of power, when I pull the dipstick, I get blow by. I'll try Sea Foam spray and let you know. It did have a blown head gasket so I cleaned it up, no scoreing, no ring groove or obvious wear. Do you think it could just be stuck Rings? Thanks for your input Rich P
dunno.gif
dizzy.gif

For all of you who are wondering why I sold my 582......

I'm waiting on delivery of my new toy....

81538.jpg

81539.jpg

NOS (zero hours) Cub Cadet 365L ZTR w/54" deck and liquid cooled 18hp Kawasaki...never seen a blade of grass. Should be in my garage by this weekend.

Needed the room in the shed, and the 582 was the odd man out....

well im not gonna give up i tried it out mowing and once i have it warmed up and running full power it dosent smoke AS bad but still does.

i use sea foam every year in my boat and i love it.
thing is ive got 4 tractors and all are in good shape 3 just have sour engines.
169- not to good shape hyd.lift quit but runs like a raped ape
100- good shape complete runs ok but no power,low copression ,the kids just ride it around the yard
127 exxelent shape,no motor at all
1250 all there never had any maintnece im on the gate if the motor is good.

so you see the last thing i need is another junker.i need to get it together and rebuild some engines,just a simple ring kit and valve job will do on them but i hate to do it with out going all the way,jared

Back