• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 15, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
Wyatt,
I guess for me one JD weight @54 pounds outweighs one Cub cadet weight @26 pounds and I would rather put on one than two, grin

Dang I hate it when I do a SEARCH on here!!!!
I always end up spending 2 or 3 hours lookin at all the neat stuff I find!
drool.gif

Charlie-
I suppose they're not a bad deal, list @ $80 for the "kit" for 100# worth of weight. Sure beats going price of wheel weights.

Re: plows

Are the Crapsman
happy.gif
plows made by Brinly?

The only difference I see is the split board and the disk is held on by a u-bolt. Other than that they are identical (granted this is comparing photos, not actually seeing them).

CHARLIE - The weights I normally run on the outside of the 72 look just like Steve's weights, according to the bathroom scale they weigh 42#.... and Dad bought them about a year before JD even made made their first L&G tractor. I think JD "COPIED" them off someone....
yikes.gif

Speaking of plows!
And yes this probably belongs in the PD section! grin

Plow Day is just around the corner ya know!
And as usual, the host for the event needs door prizes.
Soooooooooooo!
Anyone that would like to donate/give something for the event, please contact Travis or I to make arrangements to get it on time.
Your more than welcome to bring it with or send it.
The more we have the better the chance that you will win something!Go here for information,
http://plowday.net/

Denny,
I've got 6 sets and 4 of them weigh 58 pounds, one set weighs 54 and the other one weighs 52. Musta been the type of iron or something, cause they all measure the same.

CHARLIE - Having worked for a foundry My guess would be the 58#'s were from molds that didn't get compacted enough, or they don't have internal voids. Just the cope & drag separating even 1/16" would make about 1-1/4 pound difference in those weights. Last company I worked for used a foundry that made boat anchors. I don't see how that foundry ever stayed in business..... Their castings had so much porosity the darn castings could almost float!
err.gif

KRAIG - Wyatt just asked My if I'm going to PD #9.....Seeing that pic I just kinda made up My mind I'm Goin! Man that was a nice day!

On that belt guide for the tiller, after I made one out of 3/8 round stock I've been on the same belt for 5 years. I don't remember it looking like the picture someone posted. When I made mine it has a "slot" for the belt to go through. The only way the belt can flap is inward. The only gripe I have about my tiller is it has no reverse. Being able to reverse the tines would make breaking up new ground much easier.

KRAIG - You going to be there taking more pictures? And to answer Your question, Yes, those are the antique weights on My #72. They measure about 2" thick. You compare them to the pic of Steve's 782 and His stick out a bit farther.... My Buddy's weights on His 317 green tractor measure about 2-1/2", maybe a bit thicker.... so Charlie's weights of 52# to 58# are good. I'm like Charlie..... I like the solid weights better..... more weight in a small package.

Man, I learn somerthin new everyday!
Settin here doing some light reading through a bunch of old Service Bulletins and found this.
26346.jpg

DENNY....Those solid donut weights are ok, but suitcases are better (both for weight and BEER!!)
beerchug.gif

Denny, I plan on being there to take photos and video.

KEN - I got all the "Stuff" to make a suitcase weight bracket for the plow tractor...... Problem is the welding wire is still wound around the plastic spool in the Welder.... Don't know how solid it is but this "Donut Weight" around My middle should help traction at least a little...
CHARLIE - Didn't You WIN that plow at PD #2?

Denny,
I did win a plow at PD3.
And I got a hat too!
26353.jpg

BUT, this one came from Brinly. It dint show up in time for PD6.
<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

Brinly-Hardy Company would love to donate a PP-510 Sleeve Hitch Mold Board Plow for the Plow Day 6. Please send me the ‘ship to’ address and we will send that out to you right away.

If you have any questions please call me at 812-218-7204.

Kristin Cissell

Senior Administrative Assistant

Brinly-Hardy Company

812-218-7204<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

(Message edited by cproctor on March 15, 2005)

Latest posts

Back