• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 13, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sblunier

displayname
Steve Blunier "Mr. Plow" (Central IL)
Marlin,

Drink some coffee and calm down....
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
Nobody said you couldn't get them through Danfoss or that the 15 series were no longer made. The average Joe does not know who his Danfoss dealer is, but knows that Cub Cadet no longer carries some of these individual parts in inventory and that there is a JD dealer down the road who may.

No one said that the hydro or it's parts were obsolete or NLA, just that you may have to look harder to find them from implement dealers. I completely agree that Danfoss has them available, if you find the dealer to work with......most people would rather stop by the local implement store.

KENtucky Ken, Marlin, WELCOME back guys!
WELCOME.gif

Jeff U., nice job on the 147!
greenthumb.gif

Finally got the 100 up and running. Decided to test it in the garden.
226275.jpg

Hello,
Just finished up painting my no. 1 cart a couple a weeks ago. I picked this up this spring. My 20 month old little boy just loves tractor rides. I can't have any of my Cadets out unless he's riding along w/me. He just throws a fit if he hears a tractor and he's not outside.

226280.jpg

226281.jpg

226282.jpg

QL: PTO belt jumping off of PTO pulley...

I have a 1450 I'm getting back online. It worked fine, but had a bad PTO shaft oil seal leak. I pulled the PTO to replace the seal. When I replaced the PTO I was sure to set the "air gap" with the proper width feeler gauge.

I just got everything back together and fired her up. Things were fine until I turned the PTO switch off, there was sort of a "bang" and the belt popped off. The bang I describe may not have been noticeable normally - but I still have the hood/cowling/nose-piece removed. The belt is the same one used before and nothing else has changed. (same mule drive) I have checked the PTO since the belt popped off and it still works. I haven't given it another it another try as I don't want to chance messing up the PTO or the belt. The deck is the only thng that changed - moving from a 44A to a 50A. The deck worked fine and came off the 1650, is in great condition, garage kept.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

-Calvin

Calvin,

Put your original deck back on and see if the problem still exist. That would eliminate the deck change as the problem.

Calvin,

The belt FAQ shows two different pulley sizes for you cc, a 4.5" & 5.0". The change could cause enough slack to let the belt jump off.

Calvin, in addition to what Barry wrote, turn the belt around so that it is rotating the other way. Belts, when twisted as is done through the mule drive, can develop a memory. BTDT

Brian S., nice looking 100! Looks like it now belongs to your son. Time to get one for your self.
happy.gif

Ray, how did the test turn out?
dunno.gif

Kentuky Ken, Marlin, welcome back!!!!

Brian, that is one nice 100 you got, did you restore it?

Ray, you 100 is nice too, is it original?

Lucas,
Yes I restored the 100. This is a picture of it when I bought it, it's the only one I can find, but I think it tells the story.....it was in pretty sad shape. Below it is a picture of it now and my 70 sitting in about the same location it was years ago when the first picture was taken.
226286.jpg

226287.jpg

Sorry Steve. Didn't mean to come across so aggressive. Somehow there needs to be in the FAQs or someplace or maybe have some of the sponsors list on their websites that they carry or can get the "hard-to-find" or NLA parts for the 15Us.

One of the first things that one can check when having the "tractor creeps forward or reverse when I move the hydraulic remote lever" is to make sure their trunion is set to true or top dead-center neutral. Linkage that is out of adjustment even the slightest can trigger just enough flow to not move the tractor until the remote is used. That extra boost is enough to cause the tractor to move. What Steve B. has written is an excellent description and should be in some place for safe-keeping for future references.

Off to hibernate...

Brian:
Sweet 100! Great paint job.

Lucas:
The 100 was given to me. I took it all apart down to major assemblies, took off the rust and repainted it. Tune up. Carb rebuild and it was ready to go! The P.O. just put on a new wiring harness not too long ago. I'm not a purist when it comes to paint. I use rattle cans and then go play in the dirt. What's a tractor for anyway?

Kraig:
Good to see your still maintaining the forum pics. The 100 did well, even with turfs and no chains. I REALLY like this tractor and can't wait to try out the CW-36 this winter!
226289.jpg

The components of the rear rake and rear backfill blade include a pair of springs (10) and brackets (11). I'm finally putting my rear rake to use, and found that I didn't have the springs or brackets. I'm wondering if I really need them, as I haven't seen them included in rakes/blades sold on the classifieds.
226296.jpg

The brackets are supposed to bolt to the axle housings. One end of the spring goes into one of the bracket holes, and the other spring end slips onto the lift rod (9) which also holds the hitch brackets (5). The spring part number for the rear rake/blade is different than the front blade spring, and it is NLA, as is the brackets.

Anyone have experience with the rear rake or blade, and can tell me if I really needs these springs and if they are like the front blade springs? I'm hoping that if I really need them that I can use front blade springs and make a bracket from Home Depot right angle braces.

Question for anyone that has figured it out....

How do I get the model 86 cub on the parts look up? I have a chance at one here in town. It's been repowered with a K241 and I just want to browse and learn a little about it beforehand.

I'm not getting along with the new system.

Kraig,
I finally got the lock bearing off. My dad lent me his from his garage, it took even over 30-60 minutes with the jaw till it would finally budge. It is now off, and the pto clutch pulley fits on great!! Now I'm ready to do a total restore.

Wayne I went to select parts by model and it is a drop down then select garden tractor and it will drop down again and it is at the bottom of the page

Wayne,
On the lower section of the search page pick
Parts by Model...hit the little arrow on the right,
Go down about 7 choices and click Garden Tractor at next select hit the down arrow
go to bottom of listing and find 86
at next select down arrow again.
SHORT&SWEET...at a 'SELECT" hit arrow on the right and keep doing that till you get to part lists.
And yes it a pain to use now.

Back