• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 23, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HH he's prolly mowin.
happy.gif

anyone ever put a 18 hp twin cylinder kohler in a narrow frame 102 cadet, i traded for one, but i have not picked it up yet

Peter S - seems you're gonna have to do some cutting to get it into the narrow frame. Maybe someone on here has or knows of it, but you gotta be talking alot of work - and then I don't know how the appearance would be when you're done.

Dave R - you think Gary S is mowing at 1AM in the morning PA time??? Dang. I'm thinking he went to the TOOL STORE. I'm beginning to think there's a connection between McMurray PA where he is and Murray Kentuck where Lucas is - naw, that can't be. His last message says "Thanks to all, I'm starting right away". I just can't figure it out - we should'a heard something in about 15/20 minutes and it's been 12 hours. I'm sure he'll come back with an explanation. In the mean time, my Yellar n' White Fever is acting up again - I better back off.

Hydro Harry
Old Cubs Never Die (THE FEVER GOT ME)

HH - I was not talking about Gary's handle , I was talking about the throttle lever assembly.
We know how you west coast ppl think ...

Also why do you pick on Lucas ... we ALL owe him something .... isn't that why we're here ?
1a_scratchhead.gif

And I could be fishin >>))))):>

Guys I was out in my yard using my 129 loader yesterday and heard a loud squeal.I got off the 129 to have a look and see that the keyed shaft for the hyd pump has lost the key. I was wondering what would cause the key to break? So I put it back in storage till next week and get some key stock. Does it matter what kind of key stock I buy for the shaft to pulley on the hyd pump? soft or hard? Thanks guys
old.gif

HH-

Yeah, I guess I should have looked in the Kohler manual...1000 RPM. I was the one that posted the chart. According to that, the K181 doesn't move much air at all at 800 RPM (40 CFM), and at 1200 RPM, it increases to about 65 CFM. I remember a couple of people posting in the past about an engine that tossed a rod while sitting there idling, so I'm careful about how low I set the idle speed on mine. I agree that 1800 RPM idle for the QLs is too high. I think the 1450 I had was set like that when I got it. It would keep turning for so long after shutting it down. I seem to remember 1200 RPM still being somewhat smooth on there, so that's where it wound up.

Sorry guys. I got as far as the garage and the telephone rang, -- again. I had to leave, immediately, for a video conference call in Pittsburgh pertaining to where I was last week. I'm trying to make that job permanent and I could not (more accurately, did not wish to)refuse. It's now almost 9:00 AM and I got in only a few minutes ago. I need to rest. If there are no more telephone calls I'm back at it later today.

I have a 127 which I use weekly and maintain. It is all original and have used it since new. Yesterday the flange that engages the neutral safty swich broke off. I can start it by pressing a screwdrive against the switch, but in examing the shaft I cant figure out how to remove the unit off the shaft to replace it. There is a round stubby going thru the shaft to keep it on, but it also feels like it is welded onto the shaft. Can someone tell me the name of the part and can it be removed? Thanks

DONALD - Not sure how big a pump you have on your loader 129 but I suspect soft keystock should be plenty. Hope it's 3/16 inch. That should be big enough to run 8-10 Hp with.

I'm always afraid hard keys will tear up pulleys & shafts. Back when I was buying automobile shredder rotor parts everything was hardened EXCEPT the drive heys for the rotor parts, they were all made from 2" or 3" square 1018 cold rolled steel bar then lightly dusted off on a Blanchard grinder to remove any "Twist".

Hydro Harry - Since we're discussing splash lube systems. Anyone have a Kohler K-series block with a "Window" in it from a failed rod or ????

I'm thinking that someone should do an experiment with some clear Lexan, tube of RTV, some small hardware maybe. Set up a test engine and run it to see just how much oil flys around inside at different speeds. Be an interesting video for U-tube.

Guy who I worked for summers in college, Township road commissioner was helping his Son combine corn one fall, pulling two empty wagons home from town, seems like He was running a 930 or 1030 Case but may have been an early 1070 with cab. Heard a "BANG" and saw some oil spray on the cab window, slowed down and pulled to side of the road, crawled out of the cab and saw the HOLE in the side of the block. Engine was still idling on five cylinders, crank & rods on those five cyl. all doing their jobs. The offending rod & piston assembly was found in the weeds back where the bang was heard clear up by the fence 20 ft from the edge of the road. JI Case had a weak batch of rod bolts.

Component failures make for some interesting problems. Saw an 855 CID Cummins in a Trans-Star IH semi tractor, wrist pin failed on about #3 cylinder at govered RPM. The conn rod flailed around and sawed EVERYTHING apart below the top deck of the block except the crankshaft. Yes, the WHOLE engine was scrap.

Latest posts

Back