• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 15, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

till

displayname
Tedd ILL
Dang archive bug...

Well, my buddy at work broke out the gas ax today.
proud.gif

16823.jpg

16824.jpg

Shortened up the yeller and got a piece of red to splice in. Welding together tomorrow.

16825.jpg

16826.jpg

I even had some one ask for the leavings before they hit the ground.
wink.gif
<font size="-2">You know who you are...</font>
16828.jpg

16829.jpg

Bryan said "jump on" and "the wet spot".....

I gotta go eat!
chef.gif

Has anyone else ever put one of these LCD hour meters on a CC?
16831.jpg

I can't get this one to work. This is my second one. I returned the first one. Neither of them
will read right. It just flashes backwords Fs
across the display. It is wired right and the voltage is right. I'm wondering if I might be having the same problem that others have had with the tiny tachs. I emailed Hobbs and they said it must be defective. But it seems unlikely to get
2 defective units in a row.

Kraig, Steve "B", or ....... Need some email pix of a 4156 or 4166. Pix from sales brochure or .... would be great. I have the pix from the '55 - '85 Kep Updike book. Also need a nice "clean" shot of the block IH logo. Please, please,please.

Dave R, if you decide to have the plow day, I know that I will be there and maybe two of my buddies.

Tedd-
Either way I look at it, seeing that heat-wrench hurts!

Farmall Grey-
Thanks for the decal link!
Found 'em under "custom decals" on that site. It looks like they also have some that would work on the back of a tiller or the side of a snowblower/thrower/whatever the hell you want to call it. <font size="-2">Kraig, weren't you looking for those?</font>

(Message edited by aaytay on March 15, 2004)

Hey All! Thanks for the responses re. running chains. I'll consider getting the sleeve-adapter stuff and mebbie borrowing a plow to give the 109 a workout. Serious plowing will have to wait 'till after loader-mutt is done, and I've had a chance to dream up the fate of this 149 chassis. Perhaps I'll stretch it 14" and mount this 327 in it...

Tim- Nice frame-cutting pictures... tell me about the project- what're you doing with 'em?

Dave R.

I would be interested in a plow day where you propose. Just name a date.

Three hour drive is no problem.

Wyatt:

You will need at least one mandrell for each valve. If they are loose, you will need an oversized mandrell. Also, you will need one or more stones, the stone holder, a stone dresser and a drive motor. Price will probably be cheaper to buy an entire grinding set so you can do seats and valves on ebay. Many go for around 200.

Some brands are Sioux, Kwik-Way and Black & decker.

We just put a K301 together for my neighbor's 1250 and have a slight problem. First,there is a valve click that comes and goes. I'm assuming it's a bad spring because that's really the only variable,correct? Also,it has a light knock between 2200-3200 rpms. It doesn't knock at any lower or any higher. It's not anything loose outside as far as we can see but can't imagine it's a rod or piston slap either,any ideas or recent experience? Full machine work and new parts were used. I'm trying to make sense of it,but it's late...
wink.gif

Boner:
Is the flywheel tight? Did you use any type of grease or anti-sieze compound when mounting the flywheel? Just curious since I've made these mistakes and it generates a knock.
Keith

Art,
Tonights pictures will make you feel better. Out of the ashes.....

Dave K2,
Just splicing in some more frame to get a longer wheel base. I posted a crude drawing back a couple of days of the driveline concept. I will have a mock up to show in a week or so.

On the tachometer issue, I would love to have an analog tachometer for the Foxtrot. Any ideas??

I will be at PD 7 if you hold it March 21. I was hoping for a spring PD as I am coming to IL to pickup the M&W Original from Mike M. this Friday. I am going to Auburn, IN on Saturday so I can make plow day on Sunday. Hope to see some of you at the IH show in Auburn, IN Saturday or Sunday. Dave R. give me directions and I will open the first furrow with the M&W
cwm.gif

DAVE R. - I wasn't planning on a PD this spring but if You have one 20 miles from My Folk's place Dad & I will be there. You look at a map of HENRY Cty. and put a dot in the center of the area between Orion, Cambridge, & Geneseo You hit His farm. TED - Dave Kirk is working on a tach drive module for His Points Saver to run any 4-6-8 cyl. analog tach. Last He posted it's still about a month away. I want the "Third One" because I bet Dave gets #1 and I'm sure someone else has spoken up for #2. I priced tachs 15 years ago from Stewart-Warner, Westach, Autometer, etc. and back then they cost almost what I paid for My first two Cub Cadets!

Tedd-
I'd assume since you're using an 82 series frame that you'll have a twin cylinder engine. You oughtta be able to seek out a twin cylinder motorcycle tach that will do the job. I'd almost wonder if an aftermarket Harley-Davidson tachometer would work, shouldn't be too hard to find.

Kewl!! Yep I'm going to try for Kawasaki FD620D I will look into a Harley tach ar the like. I have been looking at boat tachs, but they see, to be magnito based.

Latest posts

Back