• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 15, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tom, 'nother.
16837.jpg

Tedd, cool action shots!

Art, yes.

Tom H., one high res 4156 pix on it's way. I think I have a couple of 'em but I'll have to look a bit.

I need a copy of a release form. One partner has voiced some insurance concerns. Seems like There was a list of common sense rules floating around. I'd like a copy of those too. My e-mail address works.
I'm going to take a couple copys of PD video's I have over and let him look at them.
Appreciate any help, thanks. dave

TED - You may want to pay a visit to J.C. Whitney's warehouse in La Salle-Peru. Can't miss it, right on the south side of I-80. My Buddy's bought some H-D Sportster parts there, even has some parts from there on His '99 Victory.

Dave,

Email Robb over on the JD forum...he has some of the latest/greatest rules that were developed by past PD hosts. They are in a prepackaged release form format already.

<font size="-2">Think I'll just let the air out of this post and start over...</font>

(Message edited by aaytay on March 16, 2004)

I can see it now, a big old Harley tach mounted on the hood, leather wraped wheel with the tassles hanging off it and the Screamen Eagle exhaust....

(Message edited by till on March 16, 2004)

Does anyone have a Kohler part number for a fuel pump that will fit above the frame rail on a Cub Cadet? As far as I can tell it looks like there's two different pumps; one that is assembled "above" the mounting boss and one that's "below" the mounting boss. Also, are they specific to the HP of the engine or is it common for a K241-K341?

Todd M.,

I believe your hour meter is inductive, like the TinyTach. Inductive instruments have fits on the battery-coil-condenser ignition system due to resonance in the circuit. Installing a PointsSaver eliminates the condenser, no more resonance, and allows devices to read correctly.

Kevin D.,

On your K301, I agree with Kenny; it's probably the camshaft endplay being slightly too large. It won't hurt anything, just makes that metallic rap at certain speeds. I've never seen a defective valve spring in a Kohler, and that's probably not the source of clicking you hear at idle. Assuming the valve clearances are set properly, this could also be caused by the camshaft "jacking" slightly. There is so much "stuff" on a Quiet Line engine that can rattle, it's sometimes hard to diagnose. Being mounted on rubber just compounds the problem. Check that muffler is solidly mounted, no loose baffles, and the air box frame is not cracked.

Dave,
If the date works out for us my Son and I would be interested in a Il. plow day.

Let's try something wild 'n' crazy...

If someone offers to hold a Plow Day, E-MAIL THEM if you're interested in attending instead of posting your interest here.

That will reduce the clutter here AND the potential host won't have to hunt through the posts to find who wants to attend.

Charlie -

It's in my genes - for years folks would mistake my dad for Steve Martin
lol.gif

Charlie, perhaps this will help.

16843.jpg

(Message edited by kmcconaughey on March 16, 2004)

For the photo below
<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

We're just two wild and crazy guys..<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>
So who would the other wild and crazy guy be?

Latest posts

Back