• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 19, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jeff I,
You mean somethin like this?
28779.jpg

thats it
happy.gif
and the deck that went with the 86 model...thats what, a 50c or something similar?

Jeff,
I see from a little snooping why you ask about what deck goes on the 86. Maybe they will tell you!!!!

(Message edited by cproctor on June 22, 2005)

just wanted to keep someone from being ripped off thinking it was an original deck, thats all
angel.gif
and the only reason i went there was for a place to sell, i didnt think it would bother anyone that much
blush.gif

Rick....We are nothing like "AA".....People who want to "QUIT" their bad habits go to those kinds of meetings....I have no desire to be a "Quitter"
And also remember that Doggy Bags are for Quitters
buttrock.gif

I recently picked up a 125 from my dad. It hasn't been ran in 12 years. Cleaned it up today and got it running. A couple if things I'd like to ask the forum. We tried putting a meter on the battery to see what kind of gen output we were getting. The meter was going wacky, so we got the battery tester on the POS AND NEG leads while running and came up with 66.6 VDC. ???? If the gen is really putting out 66.6 VDC is the starter gen shot or the voltage reg. We took the dust cover off and everthing looked ok from what the manual says. Also don't know if they are related.... Is the ignition system get power from battery or gen charging sys?? When we take the NEG lead off the battery, the engine dies. That would lead me to think that the Gen has or is about to expire.... but you guys are the experts... does the CC employ some sort of smart technology that know when the battery is dissconnected?? Thank you in advance for all you help. Also checked the battery teminals for VAC (??? A THOUGHT ??? ) and got 0VAC...

Well, had a good day today. Got further on the 73, got it all taken down. Drained the rear end on it and man oh man, it was pretty bad
eek.gif

28784.jpg

Got that almost all cleaned out though, a little bit more to clean out.

28785.jpg

Tomorrow is time to get everything ready for paint and start priming it all.

28786.jpg

Now it is time to sit back and realx for a little bit
coffee.gif

Had a bit of bad luck today,
broke the tie rod ends on my 123 loader, the left side fell apart and befor I knew what was happening I backed over the tierod and snapped off the right side, bending the tierod in the process.
Well it looks like I will be running to the cub dealer for some more parts.

"Fix" for the use of washers on the rear hangers of a deck.

First, fix the cracked skin (the're ALL cracked guys!!!) with a nice steel plate welded to the top....then bolt the rear hangers directly to the plate.

28790.jpg

Then get an adjustable link from your dealer, replace on on the subframe tugs with it and level the deck side to side by adjusting the threaded link.

28791.jpg

Charlie,

Thanks for the picture (The Rock Shaft)...Not for me, but was what I needed. Got the deck on and found out what was missing...Gonna be a nice tractor.

Just another project...

Thanks

Just bought a 127 and I need to find a wiring diagram. Anyone have one they could email me or post for me to look at?

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

And also remember that Doggy Bags are for Quitters<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

clappy.gif

When changing the Hy-Tran is it okay to use an engine degreaser to clean up the insides of the rear end? I want to get the yellow junk out of all hard-to-reach nooks & crannies, but am concerned that any degreaser that I don't get out of the case will contaminate the new Hy-Tran. Compressed air gets a lot of it out, but some just gets moved to another tough spot. The FAQ mentions using cleaner on the case threads, but nothing about using it inside the case.

Hi All,

Does anyone have an exploded view of an A1 tiller? The one I have has a center shaft that rocks quite a bit. Not sure if it needs a bearing or what.

Thanks,

Jim

Per the below thread and with all the helpful comments, I have ruled out the PTO, sheetmetal, and front pulley & key-way as the cause of the "clanking" in my 122. (thanks all for the help)

I am now looking internal.
What is piston slap?
I recently had a local shop hone the cylinder as it was bored, but not honed and thus eating oil. It does not eat oil, but now I have this "clanking" - pronounced under load and at very low rpm under load.
Any theories?
Anyone know of any good CC shops in NC? I have lost faith in the one new me.

Thanks.
Peter

Matt Gonitzke (Mgonitzke) on Tuesday, June 21, 2005 - 06:53 pm:

Peter S.-

Well, seeing as its a gear drive, it could be the drive clutch. Sometimes that makes the noise you are describing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By Terry Busch (Tcbusch) on Tuesday, June 21, 2005 - 05:33 pm:

Peter S,
If the engine makes the noise with the PTO disengaged then its most likely not the PTO. The hammering could also be piston slap, or something internal.
Every Cub has beauty but not everyone sees it."

By jerry harvey "Nines are wild" (Jharvey) on Tuesday, June 21, 2005 - 11:35 am:

Peter S.
Do you have the anti-rattle springs installed on your PTO?
Charlie- Do you have a pic of those springs handy?
JH

By Charlie "Digger" Proctor (Cproctor) on Tuesday, June 21, 2005 - 10:31 am:

Peter S,
Did ya run the engine with the PTO off?
Have you checked the sheet metal to make sure it's not hitting something?
Are you sure you put the engine back together right?
Are you sure the keyway is good on the crank?
And on and on and on?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Every Cub has beauty but not everyone sees it."

By Peter S (Pscilipote) on Tuesday, June 21, 2005 - 10:02 am:

I've posted this before, but no luck so far so I will try again.

Have a CC122. I am getting a "clacking" sound from the front of the engine that I cannot for the life of me isolate. I have even tried the old length of garden hose to the ear trick.

When I engage the front PTO, all works, but there comes a sound like someone is hammering metal against metal.
This occasionally happens when the PTO is not engaged (e.g. low RPM and under load).
Have taken the PTO apart and re-assembled twice, but no luck. Front pulley is tight and key is sound.
Recent rebuild on the engine and runs like a champ.
Anyone have such an issue before or an educated guess?
I'm stumped.

Thanks
Peter

Repost from last night:
I recently picked up a 125 from my dad. It hasn't been ran in 12 years. Cleaned it up today and got it running. A couple if things I'd like to ask the forum. We tried putting a meter on the battery to see what kind of gen output we were getting. The meter was going wacky, so we got the battery tester on the POS AND NEG leads while running and came up with 66.6 VDC. ???? If the gen is really putting out 66.6 VDC is the starter gen shot or the voltage reg. We took the dust cover off and everthing looked ok from what the manual says. Also don't know if they are related.... Is the ignition system get power from battery or gen charging sys?? When we take the NEG lead off the battery, the engine dies. That would lead me to think that the Gen has or is about to expire.... but you guys are the experts... does the CC employ some sort of smart technology that know when the battery is dissconnected?? Thank you in advance for all you help. Also checked the battery teminals for VAC (??? A THOUGHT ??? ) and got 0VAC...

I posted this last night with no replies, hope all that it was is that no one saw it... Thank you

Scott

<font color="ff0000">No need to repost questions multiple times. If someone has an answer, they'll reply. Patience is a virtue!</font>

Scott,
I kinda doubt the charging system is putting out 66.6 volts. Shouldn't be more than 14vdc. Maybe the meter was showing 6.66. If so not enough voltage from charging system.

As the sun shines and the grass is green, it was 66.6 VDC. We shut the tractor down with the tester still hooked up and it dropped to battery voltage of 12 point something. Started it back up and it was back to 66.6 VDC. I know it seems hard to grasp... Cub cadets are new to me, how to use a fluke and a tester are not. Thank you for reading my problem though

Scott

Back