• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 19, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgonitzke

displayname
Matt Gonitzke
Timothy R.-

If your battery is getting hot and your ammeter is hooked up backwards and showing a massive discharge, that means it's overcharging and you need to adjust the voltage regulator. The sooner you fix this the better, because that isn't good for your battery.

All-
Afew things i ran into this week end while cubbing...
The wife wanted the garden bigger, and when I went to put the tiller on the 145 it seems the belt had gotten longer!?! It seems that the last time I replaced the front pulleys I got smaller ones and now there was some slack in the drive belt. Not having the right size pulleys on hand I came up with this little number to take up the slack.

I bolted a V pulley and an idler pulley to the skid plate an whala...

28705.jpg

Also, I was motivated to finish up a 48" pin on deck that I was converting to a quick attach when I relized that several of the bearing were toast. After tearing it apart and reading the numbers off the bearing and race I realized that they were some how familiar. After going to my self of "classic" chevy parts I realized the the deck bearings were the same as the outside front wheel bearing of a 65-72 chevelle (NAPA part # NLB set 2). after a few hours of pressing and pounding I was cutting grass with chevelle parts. How kewl is that?

Sure is quiet in here today. Everyone must be outside enjoying the beautiful weather. I was but now its hot and the fan inside sure does feel good. Had the Original, the 125, and the Simplicity out for a little bath today. The Original hasn't had a good bath since plow day 8, so I figured it was about time
happy.gif
. But now everyone is nice and clean. For now at least.
28710.jpg

28711.gif

Got a few clutch questions...I just replaced the teaser spring on my 122 and am grinding the gears when shifting. I have adjusted the clutch and can see the teaser spring totally off of the rear pressure plate and the disc is free. However when the engine is running especially at higher rpm the clutch will not disengage, but it will if I pull back on the throttle. I have to wait a few seconds for the shaft to stop spinning before I can shift as well.

I also am having some sticking/binding of the release bearing which I believe is due to some wear on the shaft. It works ok if you spray it with WD40 or something to lube the shaft. Is there any kind of grease that won't be thrown off by centrifugal force that would be suitable for this operation?

Oh yeah, almost forgot..are the pins that mate to the clutch disc supposed to be loose?

Thanks,

Chad

Speaking of batteries, I took the 73 to the farm to show my grandfather this afternoon and cranked it up and drove it around for a few minutes and then cut it off and it wouldn't crank again, the starter just would click. Jumped it off, started again, this time I ran it for about 10 minutes at 3/4 throttle in hopes of bringing the battery back up. Drove it up on the trailer, got it tied down, tried it again, still nothing. Battery looks to be less than a few months old, worked fine for the past week that I have owned it, just died at nothing today. What is going on???

Thanks to the advice from here, my 782 is now mowing again. However....

1. For some reason, when my start switch is in the on position, the starter motor turns and runs full tilt, even with the motor on. The headlight position is now the "on" position, and the start position works as it should. WOuld one of you have a diagram or picture of the solonoid wire order? THe way I have it now is the only way I could get it to work.

2. The new Hydro valve was installed. I reinstalled all of my linkages after I took them apart for a good cleaning. All I did was remove the snap ring form the tranny housing and took the assembly off as a whole, then reinstalled. Why would stepping on the brake now cause the tractor to roll forward? The neutral position has apparently changed. Did the new valve do this?

Thanks for all of your help and advice. I plan on ordering a service manual very soon.

Adios.

VR adjusted (atlthough I think Ill just replace it), ammeter hooked up correctly, battery happy,
yellow cub driver happy. Thanks to all!

I know mower deck belt 490489R2 is 80", 473462R4 is 81", and 140024C1 is 83", but can anyone tell me the length of this belt: IH 477599R2 ?

Saw this truck parked in from on my seed store the other night.
28717.jpg

Thought you guys might appreciate it!
happy.gif

<font color="ff0000">Boy oh boy, if ya know where it belongs then WHY would you post it where it DOESN'T belong???</font>

poof.gif

Needed some follow-up advice to a question from months ago. I have a 122 and replaced the stout little spring (dont remember the term) on the clutch shaft, right behind the discs last year. The old one broke, leaving the machine undriveable. I still have an occasional (half of the time!) problem with grinding gears with pedal pushed down. If I pop it into reverse before I make the gear selection, it seems to usually stop everything, and I can put it into gear without any grinding. I dont love the idea of another total dissassembly-splitting engine and tranny, but I need to fix this grrr-grrrr-grrrr-grrrr. I dont remember lubing the end if the shaft, I might have. I know grease wants to stay away from the clutch plates. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance. Dave Plogman, Marcellus, NY

Roy N:

According to the chart I have, the 477599R2 has a 1/2" x 77" specification

David,

Try loosening the engine bolts and twisting it in the frame....sometimes the slop in the mounting holes puts enough twist on the engine to bind the pilot bushing.

Otherwise, pull the engine and lightly dress the pilot bushing and apply a dab of grease to the end of the shaft/pilot bushing on reassembly.

Steve:The loosening of the engine bolts sounds a lot easier, would I loosen them (a little) them start it up and move the clutch in and out? Maybe without even running it. Guess the question is: how do I acheive alignment before re tightening? To "dress" the end is simply lightly sanding any burrs of the end, then grease. yes? Thanks again! Dave

it said i needed an acount to put it in the regular place! i just bought a cub cadet, do you think i have the money to get an acount?

Latest posts

Back