• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 19, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jeff I. -

You need a paid account to post to the classifieds. You can ONLY post ads IN the classifieds. Capisce?

Read the forum rules - no exceptions.

Charlie,
Who, me???

Anyone here going to the Sandwich show this weekend?? I'll be there on Saturday. Maybe there will be some Cub Cadet stuff at the afternoon auction.

Lawn Mower deck attachment...

I have just aquired a Cub Cadet 102 #385058R1.
I have the manuals, but seemed to have misplaced them. I looked into the FAQ, but had no luck. Any idea how the mower deck attaches?
Trying to figure it out...Maybe missing a piece???

Thanks

Tom

Where and when is the show in Sandwich, I might be able to make it out there

Jeff W,
Have you got a pic of the deck or the serial number or at least a description of it, that way we'll know what pics to give ya.

Question.
Can a 42in. cast-iron end pin on deck be converted to a quick attach deck?

I have a 38in. stamped deck that is a quick attach and would like to use the 42in. deck.
I have the needed parts to do the convertions, the front bolts and rear spring pins.

Art -
Go to www.frugalmachinist.com then click on the projects link. It doesn't contain a blueprint or detailed plan; but, it has enough information and photos that you could build one similar.

Capisce, its a real beauty though. all original, and its my first cub cadet that i didnt have to drag out of a field. now that i have it i need to start saving for implements, id like to get a deck, snowplow, and trailer for it. ill post some pics as soon as i can. NOT because im interested in trading selling/selling etc., just because its really cool.

I've posted this before, but no luck so far so I will try again.

Have a CC122. I am getting a "clacking" sound from the front of the engine that I cannot for the life of me isolate. I have even tried the old length of garden hose to the ear trick.

When I engage the front PTO, all works, but there comes a sound like someone is hammering metal against metal.
This occasionally happens when the PTO is not engaged (e.g. low RPM and under load).
Have taken the PTO apart and re-assembled twice, but no luck. Front pulley is tight and key is sound.
Recent rebuild on the engine and runs like a champ.
Anyone have such an issue before or an educated guess?
I'm stumped.

Thanks
Peter

Peter S,
Did ya run the engine with the PTO off?
Have you checked the sheet metal to make sure it's not hitting something?
Are you sure you put the engine back together right?
Are you sure the keyway is good on the crank?
And on and on and on?
happy.gif

Peter S.
Do you have the anti-rattle springs installed on your PTO?
Charlie- Do you have a pic of those springs handy?
JH

Mower deck ID# 421U111

I also looked around the barn and found what looks like the bracket to hold the deck up...Dont know how I missed the Color!!!
Pics would be great
Thanks

Well, that is a hard post to follow. But I got my 1 Tiller hooked up to the 125 today for a little test run. Digger the pulley works like a charm. Got a little patch tilled up in my back yard behind the fence.

28744.jpg

28745.jpg

Peter S,
If the engine makes the noise with the PTO disengaged then its most likely not the PTO. The hammering could also be piston slap, or something internal.

Peter S.-

Well, seeing as its a gear drive, it could be the drive clutch. Sometimes that makes the noise you are describing.

I have a cub cadet model 147 tractor with a 48-inch mower deck. Mower deck operates fine until I start mowing grass. Mowing grass more than a few inches high causes the blade rotation to dramatically slow down and not cut the grass. Just replaced the mower deck belt with no improvement. Any suggestions on what the problem may be?Thanks

Joe,
Sounds to me like your PTO is slipping,and I realy don't kow of the proper way to check for clutch slippage, maybe someone who does will chime in.

Back