• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 12, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the input guys I think I will try to change the head gasket this weekend and let you all know what happens

okay slopes seem to generate discussion here is a photo of what i have to cut (thanks for shrinking charlie)is it to steep? my 45 degrees my be off but not by much i will use the link that Ryan posted (also thanks) so what do you all think?
152972.jpg

Frank C. Omigosh!!! That little kitty is one happy Cub Kitty. I just showed Angel. She said that is amazing... almost like a second Fancy. I can just imagine those two together. They would be playing tricks of us. While Angel was working in the garden yesterday, Fancy rode with me on Clarence while mowing lawn.

Ray Van M. I am on the laptop right now or I'd post a couple of pictures taken last month of Fancy and I using the 125 discing our garden. If you make your six foot disc into a three foot then your disc should be heavy enough only your 128 may need some additional weight and maybe chains.

On the "SLOPE TALK".........If you think it's too steep, it <u>IS TOO STEEP</u> you'll know when the tractor rolles over. Don't be the brave guy. BTDT with A Cub CAdet and a Caterpillar. OUCH!

Marlin: That IS Fancy. You'd posted a couple days ago about wanting to be able to dig up a pic of Fancy's 1650. I couldn't find that in SEARCH, but I found Fancy the Guard Cat and this, too:
152977.jpg

P.S. A friend of mine is going to bring me a 125 to see if we can ressurect it. Like, well, ya!
beer2.gif

P.P.S. This is really cool. When you post a pic, you have a chance to name it. Then when whoever holds their cursor over it can see what you named it. Why don't we have an emoticon that says:
"THANK YOU, CHARLIE"
P.P.P.S. My Daughter's name is Angel.
angel.gif

I will try to download some pictures later. The steepest slope that I mow on the side is 35* in one short section and the rest is 30*. At that slope, the front wheels start to slide sideways and will not climb any more. I have 4 gallons of windshield washer fluid in each rear tire and 90# of weights on each wheel. And yes, I do sit on the fender when I mow this part of the ditch. I have been mowing this for about 25 years with my cubbies.

Sean,
Transport yellow from TSC-valspar is very close...
see below:
152980.jpg

I just finished mowing my Mother's yard tonite after leveling the 50" deck. Looks real good! Only bad thing is the 1200 developed a problem with the clutch. Towards the last of the mowing whenever I depressed the clutch, I could feel a little catch in the pedal right before it reached the stops. Seemed like the clutch was still partially engaged. If I went to neutral the gears would grind before engaging. Guess I have a project for tomorrow. Does anyone have some advice or a pointer to look for? TIA

Frank C. Okay... now I see.
lol.gif
I had forgotten about that picture. We were storing the push mower for Charlie until I could take it up to him. That is what threw me for a loop. Shadow and Fancy would definitely talk tractors. Perhaps Kraig M. has a picture of when Fancy's 1650 arrived. You will love a 125. Once I get the ankle/foot thing cleared up and can scoot around better I'm putting the deck on our 125. I miss mowing with that Cub Cadet. I tried a SEARCH also and couldn't come up with any pics either.
happy.gif

Scott, Thanks for the response! I thought transport yellow looked close. A local mechanic I know told me that Ace hardwares Schoolbus yellow was pretty darn close also. So many choices! Now I just need to pick one!

I've been using Ace School Bus Yellow also, helps to have an Ace store 3 miles away. I think it looks real close......oh...I'm also color blind
roflol.gif

Well Frank C glad to see your still kicking and Cubbing.

Scott T , the paint looks Good ,i bought a few cans of rattle and it don`t harden worth a dam.Can you spray your paint with a hlvp gun. the paint i picked has a lot of solids and is hard to spray. Well at least for me lol. I try,This is the best Cub site. I am working at the 129 daily now and installed super steer today and yes the steering colum and just stuck the wheel on there to move the Cub.I need more cubs because friends want mine. found the issue with my 107 today lol the float sunk. now it runs great and sounds like a worker. ( thanks Frank C )I will need to finish the 129 rebuild soon as i can, it will not be a show case,but not a bolt has been missed and every thing has been looked at and repaired to a turn key for me for i think a long time. Some can remember the hyd hoses as they were install and now i will have steel. Much neater .The paint will show it wasn`t new when it was done because i think if it prety you can`t use it( its for looking). my Cub will be used.Later Don T
old.gif

i'm having trouble with my 44c mowing deck. it's noisey, and upon inspection i have determined that the arbors and the bearings both are spinning inside the two piece holders. i don't know what the correct name is for the two piece bearing mount is. the bearing and arbor seem to be a one piece unit and not rebuildable. i could be wrong about it not being rebuildable. the bearings are of the sealed type and appear to be a double unit. i think the upper and lower holder/mount is suppose to hold the bearing steady but my arbors have to much end play, up and down. i think they are just to loose inside the mounts.
how can they be tightened up?
when i hold just the arbor and bearing in my hand,
i feel no looseness, or roughness and they spin smoothly. i really think the bearings are too loose inside the mounts, up and down and side to side. how is this fixed?
thanks for your help!
also where can i find a parts break down for the later styled decks like i have, and is there any
forum or trouble shooting guides i can use on line. again thanks guys!!!

If you're talking about your 44c deck, you can look up the parts breakdown just like on the tractors. click on the parts lookup at the top of the page. They've also got a good faq on this site there might be something on the rebuild/repacement of your deck bearings.

Jeff B.-

That's a pretty shallow ditch; I'm guessing 15 degrees. Ours are much steeper...we only mow them with a 2-cycle lawn boy pushmower.

Good Morning All. Painted some parts yesterday. In keeping with the factory I made sure there were some runs and a couple of fingerprints. I redid the wheels on my garden trailer and greased it up. The wheels looked really good until i mounted the tires. I want to get the drive line and engine back in the 129 today. There is suppose to be on and off rain so my whole day is a maybe.

so Matt would you say its okay to use the cub? I am not worried about tipping over but i am concerned about the motor it only takes a couple of minutes in second gear to do the ditch

TOM H. - My CC 72 had been rolled or something before I bought it back in Jan. '81. Only appearant damage was a bent frt wheel spindle which was replaced after I got it.

I've heard about dozers rolling, often times the Operator's aren't able to describe what happened. Good thing CAT makes really stout ROPS's. Best pic I've seen is a D9 or maybe bigger working around one of those HUGE rotary wheel strippers in a strip mine, dozer was shoving loose material down off the bank above the wheel and got too close to the edge and went down the bank, got tangled up with the buckets on the wheel and rode up towards the top of the wheel and fell loose onto a catwalk beside the wheel landing upside-down. Pic's were posted at the RPM forum couplke years ago from a construction equip. site. Took a really BIG crane and seversal hours to pick the crawler off the catwalk and it was set back on the ground, little work checking things out and the dozer & Operator went back to work. A ride like that beats ANYTHING I've ever seen in an amusement park!

I have an old #72 CC that up until 6-12-09 started and ran pretty good. Started up yesterday and it died before I could push in choke. Tried again with not a sound coming from nowhere. Battery is still pretty hot. where to start looking for problem is the question?? Thanks. Pem

Back