• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

3 pt / sleeve hitch / drop pin / hitch reciever ?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justinpittman

displayname
Justin
Hi,

I'm looking at how to setup my 127 to pull / haul implements and am getting a bit overwhelmed with hookup options.

So I've read threads on here and fine folks here say start with the attachments and work backwards so I have done that in this list:

1. sickle mower = drop pin receiver (antique pull behind that's converted ... going to see it Monday)
2. disc cultivator = 2" for ATV (for rent at my local Co-op)
3. moldboard plow = ??? has just a flat plate with holes for attaching (I'll try to attach pic here and there's many like it on Craigs near me)

For Cub Cadets, I've found:
1. bolt on plate for drop pins (of multiple sizes)
2. bolt on receiver plate for 2" (haven't found smaller sizes)
3. Cub Cadet's 3 point hitch (but many disclaimers that it's NOT standard)
4. sleeve hitch

New attachment manufacturers out there just say "all you need is an ATV or garden tractor" so that sort of leaves the buyer assuming all we need is the Unobtanium Universal Hitch(TM). :) Humor aside, when this question of mixing ATV and tractor-type implements comes up online, I see complex "conversion" products being suggested that look like this:
iu

I cannot image that would work on my tractor. So what do folks do that pull a attachments / implements that use different hookups?

Plow example:
00101_9dYwqKX08Ob_600x450.jpg

1st off, you have a garden tractor not a lawn tractor.

The 3 point set up you have pictured??
No clue as to what that fits

That moldboard plow is for a Cat 0 setup like on an 82 series.
Completely different deal.
The plows are Brinly and not an IH implement and were produced in a umber of configurations to be used on Cat 0 and sleeve hutch applications as were their cultivators, discs. box blades etc,

You need this (below) IH 3 point setup that is pictured in the parts book and sleeve hitch implements to make use of it.

1601746908193.png

• Cub Cadet
  • Garden Tractor
  • 127 2050040U
  • Attachment

• 220 32" Lawn Sweeper 190-220-100
  • 222 38" Lawn Sweeper 190-222-100
  • 368 10 Cu. Ft. HD Utility Cart 190-368-100 190-368A100 190-368B100
  • 38", 42" 3 Spindle Mower
  • 38", 42", 48" Quick Attach Hitch
  • 40" Box Scraper
  • 42" Back Blade
  • 42" Push Blade
  • 42", 54" Push Blade - 1
  • 425/425A 17 Cu. Ft. Utility Cart
  • 438 Broadcast Spreader
  • 521 Utility Cart
  • 653/653A 10 Cu. Ft. Utility Cart
  • Gearbox #1
  • Helper Spring
  • Manual Lift Helper Spring & Handle Adapter
  • Peg Tooth Harrow
  • QA36, QA42 Snowthrower
  • QA36A, QA42A Snowthrowers
  • Sand Trap Rake
  • Tiller #1
  • Tiller #1 Front Drive
  • Tiller #1A Front Drive
  • Tiller #2, Front Hanger
  • Trailer #2 Built 1971 - 1982

Last edited:
Ah, oops. I didn't mean to post to Lawn forum. Thx David.

So I need: 1) 3 pt setup, plus 2) sleeve hitch?

Part of what baffles me is what my tractor already has on the rear-end. Here's a pic of it:

IMG_20201004_131700_5.jpgIMG_20201004_131635_0.jpg

Looks like a sleeve hitch with dumbell weight mounted to draw pin and _no_ 3 point?

Looks like someone adapted a Sears hitch to your cub cadet. The lower piece you can use again I think, ( maybe it'll straighten out?) So you just need to find the Cub Cadet 3 point setup. They're around.. maybe put a Wanted Ad in the appropriate Thread? You may find the spring assist as well? really helps when raising a plow or tiller!

I'm pretty sure XTreme Motorworks has an adapter to make that plow work with a sleeve hitch. They also have lots of sleeve hitch parts. And if you really want a Cat 0 3 point hitch, they probaby can set you up with a kit to make that work as well. I'd give them a call.

You will NEED a Cat 0 setup to utilize THAT plow.
Look closely, there is no way to adjust the point of the plow down.
that s part & parcel of the cat 0 linkage set up

Looks like someone adapted a Sears hitch to your cub cadet. The lower piece you can use again I think, ( maybe it'll straighten out?)

Ah, the sleeve does look like a Sears / Craftsman but that manual lift is total DIY using plumbers pipe. Makes more sense now that you mention Sears, and I'll see if it will straighten after taking the sleeve off.

I'd give them a call.

Actually I'd bumped into XtremeWorks before reading your reply when I had been trying to find out what is needed for these types of implements, so I'll give them a call. Thx Scott.

You will NEED a Cat 0 setup to utilize THAT plow.

It looks like adapters now exist for that kind of Brinley with a plate. CCSpecialties has one for sale that's simply called a "Convert your Sleeve Hitch Brinly Plow to Category 0". XtremeMotorWorks has one of these adapters too, part CC-33-001. At least that opens up more options for my tractor if I can get the Sears sleeve hitch to work.

Sadly the seller of the plow didn't reply to phone or email so I'll keep looking for one.

Back