• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 12, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi folks,
Ran into a new problem with the 128 just now. Was running fine, mowing the lawn, and it started to pop going up hill> I adjusted the fast idle and it was OK, mowed another few minutes and it started popping again and then died. When I crank the starter, it turns but won't catch and I can see a little white smoke puffing out of the throttle body. Does this mean something nasty happened to the exhaust valve? Any ideas are welcome...
Thanks,
- Mike

Fellas,
Concerning the OPERATING ANGLE QUESTION:
I wonder at what angle the carb stops functioning properly?
1a_scratchhead.gif

Another thought on the issue is IF I was planning to cut side banks that exceed or are even close the manufacturer's maximum angle limit of 30 degrees, I'd at least be sure to use a good quality synthetic motor oil in an effort to prevent/reduce the amount of metal-to-metal scuffing when the oil splash action is at a minimum...
Like with this: <font color="0000ff">http://www.more-advanced-autosports.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=12995</font>

Mike M.,
If the angle of your hill is excessive, it may be the cause for your carb to run out of fuel...especially if your carb float is set slightly low.
You may want to check your float level setting...
confused.gif

RWilke
beerchug.gif

Here's my slope. It seems steeper when mowing than it looks in the photos.

152986.jpg

152987.jpg

Don T, Sean,
The TSC paint does take a while to harden, but since I am into the 3rd year of the 149 resto, I'm good...
clappy.gif

They offer hardener for the paint if you're going to spray, I haven't used it yet because it contains isocyanates... I spray with a Harbor Freight HVLP gun, with around a 20% reduction with reducer, fastness depending on temp... I run the mix through a viscosity drip cup and it takes 25 seconds to empty...
Here is a pic of Eastwood's powdercoat yellow... pretty close.....
152991.jpg

Ryan,
Thanks for the idea - I do indeed mow at a steep angle (just about 30 degrees), but it won't start on the flat. It was running just fine on the flat, then stopped and now won't go. If I leave it for 10 minutes, it will start and run for 10 seconds and die again. This is what I get for taking wood shop instead of auto shop...

I have a NF engine I put in a WF. The coil sits low on the NF and high on the WF. I was going to switch engine tins but I don't know if there are holes on the NF engine behind the tin to accept the WF tin's coil location. Of coarse I never noticed this before bolting in the engine.
bash.gif

I guess I should also add can you help me. God I just love this 129.

Dennis "F",
I remember <u>EVERYTHING</u> of when the Cat 977H rolled over me. You know what they say about your life flashing before your eyes.....well it true. The 977 was a old girl, a two speed Powershift with a Hi/Lo two speed gearbox, and one without a ROPS. Sometimes I can't beleive I can tell the story, it must have been my Lucky Day. Today's bad back and bum leg reminds me of that day.

Posted a couple of days ago about a 105 that I was picking up today that the previous owner said had a rattle and a oil leak from the front seal. Front seal hanging on the shaft so that explains oil leak and no big deal on replacing. Rattle however is probably the starter/generator pulley is wallowed out, key way is messed up, sleave behind pto bearing wallowed out and shaft has a noticable groove worm into it. Looking to the experts for what to do now. My gut is telling new crankshaft, starter generator pulley and sleave. I am hoping that my gut is wrong though.

Back