• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 11, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a K241 that I was going to rebuild, but after pulling the head and cleaning up the piston I found that it is stamped 020, I'm assuming this means it has been bored to +0.020. Can this engine go one more .010 or is it done?

L. William Rehm

It can go .030 and then be re-sleeved and start over as stock with no issues.

frank l clark

I used a bolt for a pin and found that to be a pain. I put the bolt in from the back and had to pull the engine every time I had to service the pin. I settle with a bolt in from the front and ground down the nut and used a tabbed washer to hold the nut at the torque I wanted.

Good luck , Later Don T

Hello all,
Its been a while since I have been on here. Still a good site though!:D Glad to see it still running along. I recently purchased a 149 thats been sitting for many years. Luckily I was smart enough to pull the head off before trying to start it because it had about 1/8" crap laying on there. Rust and who knows what else. The head is rust pitted pretty bad. Runs pretty good, smokes a bit. Muffler rotting off. I really like it though. The hydraulics are nice compared to my 147 that was converted to manual lift. I have a few questions on it though.

1- When I use the hydraulic lift it will sometimes creep forward and also when I am moving it will speed up. I was wondering if there is some bypass not working right or if its normal or any other thing is wrong.
2- Is there a way to adjust the lifting pressure. Im not sure what it is but when I lift something with the 3 point on back it will stop. It dont seem to bog the motor down or anything so thinking it may be to low pressure? This is only when lifting extremely heavy things but just curious as it seems to have plenty of horsepower to do it. When my electric lift was working on my 147 it was stronger then this.

Thanks Donald! I do seem to recall, granted it was 20 years ago, when I worked in the Engine Division at Kohler they did that. I spent a summer honing cylinder bores, and any that got oversized, they set aside and when they had a bunch we honed them to "+3". Unfortunatly, nobody that I know works there anymore, I have tried several times to find someone with no luck. Days like today I realize just how much I miss having my dad around, he spent 36 years building engines at Kohler.

L William, If that engine has 301 cast into the block, behind the flywheel, it can be made a 12 horse

Dave, I guess we will have to see, need to get the flywheel off first. BTW what size is the flywheel nut? There was not one there when I got the engine and I don't want to do any crank damage getting the flywheel off.

Larry W. The 149 is a great garden tractor

as to question 1. you should go to the top of the forum to the FAQ sections (there are two of them)and go to the hydros subjects.

As for number 2. you should start with draining the hydro fluid and refilling to proper level and replace hydro filter.

this may take care of that part.

Thanks Jeff,
As far as it moving on it own or speed creep. It doesn't do it unless I move the hydraulic lever up or down.(could be just up I guess I didnt pay attention to that?) Is that the same "speed creep" it is answering? It doesn't do it when you leave the hydraulic lift alone.
Thanks again!

I am looking at a belt size for the IH cub cadet 86, i would like to know the size of the pto belt that runs from the pto pulley to the deck. ALso how can i tighten the brakes on my cadet?

I have a 104 & Im Looking for a part number for a drive belt for my mower deck model number 421U1113 if anyone could help. Thanks

Hi: Rain let up enough today to remove breather cover off Ol' CCO 4740. I found a quite broken up part that appears to be what would hold the intake valve and spring in place. Is this a single part, and if so, can it be replaced? Additionally, what type of a spring compressor do I need to replace the Valve / Spring retainer. Is there a locking collar to push into the groove on the valve to hold into place? Any guidance / Part Number references would be appreciated. Oh yeah, got the broken bolt out of the block with a Easy (Hard) out. Regards,

Mark

I dont see my question in the faq section. Never mind I guess. I will figure it out. geez

I dont think that is my problem or maybe it is? Thats part of my question I guess. It only does it when the hydraulic lift lever is moved. If it is stopped, it will creep when lifting the deck up. Once you release the lift lever it stops. If it is moving, it will speed up when the deck is lifted. Once the hydraulic lift is let loose, it slows back down. If the deck isn't lifted, there is never a change.

My understand of the speed creep is it will slowly speed up on its own.

Larry - I would believe what you are saying IF it were backwards to what you describe. Lifting the deck should slow down the forward travel.

KENtuckyKEN

Have you got all the fish caught over there yet ??

Charlie

Who reads the Faq lol ? I do sometimes ! .

Larry Wright

I do thing that your question is in the Faq if you read it. If your lift pressure is set wrong for the hyd lift ,I think it could increase the pressure on the hydro valves that control movement of the tractor. you would have to read the faq and see what the lift pressure is set at. It might be around 800 , I can`t remember for sure. Glad to see everyone is have a great time with there Cubs .. later Don T
old.gif

Latest posts

Back