• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 09, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know everything but I thought rototiller gresr boxes were white.

Charlie-

Both of those 147s look very nice but the one with the tiller has some "green" cancer or something in the rear wheels.

I hope mine turns out as nice.

Thanks everyone for the nice comments !!!
It,s a big job but I learned a lot..

Charle : I got a tiller in jan. of this year & I have plans for gardening with it for sure . i mow about a arce or so with it each week. it has
been miss,t for sure..

Thanks guys Jeff

Jordan S - welcome to the Forum. I see you just registered yesterday and made your first posting today. Charlie did point you in the right direction. It's FAQ No. 10 on the list. Your profile shows you having a Model 1225. I hope you also have an IH CC that you're trying to trace and locate the serial number to determine production date.

Tom H - wasn't there some IH law that required attachments to be white. I remember something about a Board decision written into policy on the colors for the tractors and the colors for attachments, and I believe technically a right angle gear box was an attachment to the tractor for use with a tiller, so the whole blame thing should be white.

Hydro Harry
Old Cubs Never Die
(they just find another resting place)

Jeff i like your 147. You make me want to get back to working on some of my tractors. I need to get some bearings in the 38 deck for the 100 and get a hood and correct seat for it. Used the tiller on the 100 yesterday and it works perfect.

HARRY, TOM H., DAVE R. - I forget what number it was but the IH Paint Committee did write up a decision that all CC attachments would be white. Some yellow trim was allowed, like the belt guards on mower decks, mule drives, etc. I think there's a reference to it somewhere here on the forum.

WAYNE S. - What your referring to as "green cancer" was something else that company stole or pirated from another company. I bought a set of those identicle weights at a farm sale back in 1970 for $5/pair. When I cleaned them up to paint them IH #901 white there wasn't a single spec of ANY paint anywhere on them. They obviously had been on some other piece of equipment or brand of tractor for many decades before I bought them.

Probably the next discussion we should have is if yellow or white is the correct color for weights. All I'll say is that if you have yellow/white CC's and red/white CC's then yes, WHITE is the correct color. But I do have a set of red IH 26# weights on the outside of the three sets of weights on my 982 and it looks good. Here's a link to a pic, CLICK HERE

And FWIW, That company is NOT a sponsor to this site, nor have I ever given them permission to use a picture I sent to someone else on their website. And when I discovered this a year or so ago they never responded back to my e-mail I sent them.

Hey Dennis, Is it okay if we mention that it's a picture of your tractor and they don't have pernission to use it? The comment box is right there.
I found out yesterday the lift rod is about an inch and a half longer for a 42 inch spring trip blade than a QA42 blower. Or aleast I hope so.

Latest posts

Back