• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 18, 2015

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rrschmitt

displayname
Ron R. Schmitt
Josh S,

Put a want ad in the classified section here on the forum for the lift bar and mounting plate you need to transfer your IH lift hitch to your dad's 149. I'm sure someone has those parts laying around.

Also there is an hitch installation manual in the Manuals section under "Options" for installing an wide frame hitch on 1X8/9 Series. "Wide Frame 3PT Install" It shows a good illustration as to why there is a bend in the bar for clearance with the fwd transmission mount and because the mounting plate on the rock shaft arm is closer to the rockshaft than on an 82 Series.

Jason R.

You are looking for a narrow frame (NF) electric lift or NF hydraulic lift. Both are bolt on for the most part. You will also need a NF rock shaft for the power lifts and mounting brackets. I think the electric was first offered in the models 1x6 & 1x7, which is one model later then the 1x4 & 1x5. I believe the electric lift was standard on the 147.

They are NLA from Cub Cadet and have not been for many years. They do come up for sale on the forum and other places. The cost is up there sometimes. I paid around $150 for a well used electric lift 12-15 years ago and spent another $100 to get it working like new.

Jim

298519.jpg

Attachments

• 298519.jpg
    298519.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 139
Thank You so much for the information it is exactly what I wanted to hear you gentlemen are the best

Jason R - I might be a little late but I'll 2nd Wayne S's recommendation to add the hydraulic lift instead of an electric lift. 1st off it would be an original option for your 124 (you will need the correct rockshaft set up as well), and 2nd as Wayne states "it is sooo much better".

Now, there are a number of guys on here that will swear by their electric lifts, but it's one item that I've know to be prone to problems and the biggest reason I don't care for the Model 147 which included it as a standard feature. If you do spring for a new electric lift as Charlie shows in his pic, I suspect it will be good for a long long time. I think Charlie also specializes in reburbed versions as well. Just click on that colorful yellow box marked "CC Specialties" close to the top of the page and you'll find his stuff, or you can e-mail and/or call him.

On the other hand I am partial to hydraulics and original options. The Narrow Frame hydraulic lift is not bullet proof but many never have any issues. That's not to say if you find a used one it won't need to be rebuilt. Some out there have been sitting unused for years, and almost certainly will need to be rebuilt, or at least partial disassembly, cleaning and new seals. They are also in pretty high demand and will be somewhat costly, probably $300 minimum in unknown condition with the rockshaft, and higher for known operable condition and complete units with all mounting parts and bracket, good handle, drive belt, etc.

I see you're in Florida and it's my impression there are not alot of IHCC units down there. Finding one (narrow frame) with a blown engine and hydraulic lift, will likely be near impossible, but stranger things have been known to occur. Keep your eyes out, but be careful if you find something that has been sitting for years. It would likely give you everything you need, plus alot of spare parts.

Jeff B - now just what 2 units are you showing off over at the fair??? Would one be a 169? You did say "IH Cub Cadet" so that doesn't include a 2072 Super Monster CCC Garden Tractor (that was based on an IHCC 982).

You guys may have noticed I've been somewhat absent, but as summer comes to a close I SHALL RETURN!!! (Keep the lights on Charlie)

I checked with the company that produced the electric lifts for IH/Cub Cadet. They still make the exact same model and a new one two years ago was around $485.00. U.S. made at that. I've researched and somewhere I've the address of a United States company that makes a very solid electric lift with more lift capacity for around $250.00. SSssoooo.... in the back of my mind lingers maybe trying one of their electric lifts.

Off to work... Be safe and have a wonderful day.

James MacD,
As Allen S. said you could pick up furniture dollies. Last fall I needed to pull the engine to repair an oil leak. To help with the limited space in my shed I picked up some dollies half the standard size. They are the right size for using under the rear wheels. I did not place them under the front because I was able to move the steering any direction I needed and roll it where I needed. They worked out very well.
Rich W.

298536.jpg

298537.jpg

298538.jpg

Attachments

• 298536.jpg
    298536.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 134
  • 298537.jpg
    298537.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 113
  • 298538.jpg
    298538.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 138
Jeff - are they brother and sister? And if so which is which? (And another thing - on off topic Friday could you tell us why your tag line ends with "why own anything else")

Harry,

Off topic Friday is not needed to explain why the wide frames are superior to the narrow frames. Your beloved 169 is a wide frame...

Wide frames are better because they are easier to work on, accommodate larger engines, (and look better!).

Now the hydro part is debatable... I love my 128, and think GD's take more skill to drive, I'd rather mow the lawn on a hydro.

Hi there I'm new to the group and I'm restoring a 105. Was wondering if anybody out there knows the specs on the decals used on a 42 inch deck? I have a supplier for a decal kit for the tractor but says he needs measurements for the IH logo and the warning decals on the deck. I also have a 42 inch blade need a measurement on the IH decal. Mine are long gone

Nic - you missed my earlier post. My point of the question to Jeff was that his tag line says "IH Wide Frame Hydros are the cats meow, why own anything else", yet it wasn't to long ago he bought a CCC 2072 - so it seems to me his tag line doesn't fit anymore. I figured he'd have to address this on off-Topic Friday.

Harry that CCC moved on several months ago, All I own is IH cub hydros with the exception of a non running O and a beat up mtd cub that gets abused mowing ditchs.

So tag line applies

Sean H., WELCOME!
groupwave.gif
WELCOME.gif
I have several 42" decks. I'll try to get some photos of the decal placement with size reference (a ruler placed next to the decal) for you. I might not get time until this weekend. Hopefully that will be soon enough. There's a chance someone else will beat me to getting info posted for you. I'll also look in my archives and see if I can find some photos but they wouldn't have the size reference.

Attachments

• groupwave.gif
    groupwave.gif
    15.9 KB · Views: 122
  • WELCOME.gif
    WELCOME.gif
    3.1 KB · Views: 120
Freeport, IL Steamshow

A buddy (Tim Gipe) and myself hauled a few of ours up for a display.
298545.jpg

298546.jpg

Attachments

• 298545.jpg
    298545.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 140
  • 298546.jpg
    298546.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 132
You See Jeff, and HydroHarry - Narrow frames and Wide frames, and even Gear drives and Hydro's do get along...
bouncy.gif

Attachments

• bouncy.gif
    bouncy.gif
    2 KB · Views: 120
Thanks Lew. This is about half of the collection. Too many batteries really. and tires. and carb's. I was eyeballing your IH Paint on the auction site...

Back