• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 09, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I picked up a 127 with no engine, and while I'm restoring my 102, I need to re-power my 127. As i have arrived at the altar of Hytran/Cub/Kohler info.... I was wondering if anyone knows the torque output of a k241, so I can compare it to a new Intek 10hp I/C with cast iron sleeve, or a Robin 9hp, which I'm told has low torque because of it's short stroke, or a Honda GX 11hp. I'm pretty sure that the Kohler's are killers for torque, but I'd like everyone's opinion....

thx

Trevor- the torque curve on a k241 is just over 16 ft.lbs at 1800 rpm. maximum torque is almost 17 ft.lbs at 2300 rpm it drops to 14.5 ft.lbs at 3600 rpm. hope this helps. T

Bob M.,
Put in an H10C or Autolite 216. The J8C Plug has caused head failures due to blown out plugs when used in 10 hp and up K Series. The reach is different and so is the heat range. Try a correct plug first.

Steve, nice job on the loader! I like the custom levers.
happy.gif

I believe the NGK B-6L is also a cross for the Champion H10C.

Al Smith,

Check the gap on the points with a feeler gage. There should be a .020 gap when open. If the points aren't gapped right then the timing will be off which could be a possible cause of your power loss. Also, check for signs of pitting if they haven't been replaced in a while. I generally replace them if they are pitted but if you have thin metal file they can be filed smooth and cleaned for extended use.

Cub Question here.... On a 154 LoBoy is it possible to mount the front IHC blade WITH the IHC 60" deck installed? I know it's technically NOT a Cub Cadet but most of the parts "Interchange". To keep the post on topic.... I did get some (a LOT)of seat time on the 129 this weekend.... hauling JUNK out of all of Dad's barns.... The M & Loader was just TOO big a tool for the task at hand.... The 129 & 4 ft x 8 ft trailer hauled twice as much crap in half the time....

Denny, I have scans of the 154 brochure and from the looks of the photos of the deck and the blade, one should be able to mount both at the same time. HOWEVER, they are likely lifted and lowered at the same time too.

Denny, see? Looks like they'll both mount at the same time.

36012.jpg

36013.jpg

KRAIG - Looks like three capscrews into each frame rail and something to lift it with to the rockshaft....Now all it needs is about 100 more cubic inches so it has some Horse Power! I've only run the tractor maybe two-three times....and it's cold-blooded.... But I swear My 10 HP gear drive 72 seems like it can pull harder than that 154... The fact the factory paint isn't even all scratched off of the replacable cutting edge of the blade should give Dad some indication of the tractor's capabilities!
Thanks again.

Dennis & Kraig,
They made two blades for the 154. The one Kraig showed is the standard and the one in these pics is the HD high backed.
36018.jpg

36019.jpg

36020.jpg

I can have both mounted but both will lift or there's an add-on bracket for the front blade that lets you un-hook the lift and have it up all the time and just use the deck.

Charlie, is it just my eyes or does the front of that 154 set higher the normal? It looks like the front of it is jacked up.

CHARLIE - I wish Dad's 154 was in that good of shape.... He has the std. low blade. And the small narrow rear tires with chains.... There is three weights that should be able to bolt up to the wheels also... One is even an "Offical Cub weight I guess"! And I'm sure We could find some bolts for them in the 10,000# if junk hardware.

Kraig -

No, it's Charlie that's jacked up
lol.gif

Still working on the phone call. Damn caller ID
wink.gif

Does your Cub Cadet only have hand lift??

Wanna go to plow day but your too tired to lift the plow??

Have you been injured in a slot machine handle accident???

Don't fret....the R&D room at C&G has the answer..........the Cub-ro-matic lift assist....

Mounts easily to the tractor.
36031.jpg

By using automotive grade components, the tiring task of operating a hand lift is eliminated.
36032.jpg

The optional Heavy Duty (aka Paul Bunyon) lift model is shown here. This special made spring almost throws the lever toward you.....
36033.jpg

Narrow profile to aid in forward visibility....
36034.jpg

ACT NOW!!!!!!!!!..............to build your own copy of this one of a kind lift assist before we patent it!!!

(Message edited by kupdike on June 13, 2006)

Ken, how hard do you have to push on that to lower the attachment?

Ken - That almost makes Me wish I'd found the old airshocks I took off of My first car back in about 1973 floating around in a bucket of JUNK at Dad's place this past month. I really like the "Paul Bunyon Model"

Latest posts

Back