• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

682 PTO

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nbartee

displayname
Norm Bartee
Haven’t posted in this forum for years because everything was running fine, until now. I have a 682 with an M18 Kohler and it makes a terrible screeching noice when I start it up, I assume it’s the PTO. I know nothing about pto’s. Do you all think that’s what it is? Is it serviceable? Can I get parts for it? How do you remove it? Really need some good help on this one.
Thanks,
Norm

Haven’t posted in this forum for years because everything was running fine, until now. I have a 682 with an M18 Kohler and it makes a terrible screeching noice when I start it up, I assume it’s the PTO. I know nothing about pto’s. Do you all think that’s what it is? Is it serviceable? Can I get parts for it? How do you remove it? Really need some good help on this one.
Thanks,
Norm
Set the air gap and find out.
http://cubfaq.com/electric_pto.html

Hi Digger, good to hear from you again, so glad you’re still here. Thanks for the info.

i haven’t checked the air gap yet, will read up on it. This screeching noise happens without the PTO engaged. I was wondering what the worse case scenario is if I run it this way. Right now I don’t need the PTO.

i haven’t checked the air gap yet, will read up on it. This screeching noise happens without the PTO engaged. I was wondering what the worse case scenario is if I run it this way. Right now I don’t need the PTO.
You'll chew up the rotor and possibly the field coil and have to buy another PTO is what will happen.

Thanks Digger. According to the manual, I have to completely remove the front end. Is that really necessary? Can’t it be removed thru the grille?

It would be easier to remove with it off, I do believe you have to remove the muffler to take the PTO off.

Latest posts

Back