• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1330 only runs on gas poured down carb

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I finally got the rebuild kit. here's what happened.

I took off the bowl and the float, and noticed the main jet (I'm pretty sure it was the main) Was full of this clear, semi-solid stuff. This must be the ethanol. I cleaned it out and threw the carb back together, and put it back on. crazily enough, with a jump, it ran.

However, it still ran pretty bad. I drained the fuel tank and noticed more of the ethanol corn stuff at the bottom of the tank. My dad said to mix the old gas with some new, ethanol free gas, and sta-bil to break down the ethanol chunks. That actually worked, and even though it dies once in a while I have been working to work threw the entire tank so it is all gone. Now, I will never use regular gas again. What a nightmare!

On an unrelated note, while working through the tank, I buried it while trying to move some small trees. I had to abandon the load, and died like, 5 more times, but it did get out.

Attachments

• 20240330_150714.jpg
    20240330_150714.jpg
    6 MB · Views: 0
even alcohol-free gasoline deteriorates over time. sta-bil and/or sea-foam may delay the deterioration, but father time never loses.

ambient humidity seems to incessantly find a way into the equation too, if given a chance.

i have taken to using smaller gas cans, even if it means more frequent need to refill, in an effort to avoid the onset of gasoline “varnish” in the system.

this after dissecting a boat fuel hose to discover the entire length of the hose’s iD was coated with a layer (≈1/16”) of the dreaded varnish. fortunately the carb was always run till dry!

like PACub100 suggests, year-round use of our Cubs helps to keep the fuel from sitting long enough to become problematic.

happy easter boys!

even alcohol-free gasoline deteriorates over time. sta-bil and/or sea-foam may delay the deterioration, but father time never loses.

ambient humidity seems to incessantly find a way into the equation too, if given a chance.

i have taken to using smaller gas cans, even if it means more frequent need to refill, in an effort to avoid the onset of gasoline “varnish” in the system.

this after dissecting a boat fuel hose to discover the entire length of the hose’s iD was coated with a layer (≈1/16”) of the dreaded varnish. fortunately the carb was always run till dry!

like PACub100 suggests, year-round use of our Cubs helps to keep the fuel from sitting long enough to become problematic.

happy easter boys!
For my CC 102 I drain the gas in November and now ready to gas-up for Spring. It has a 1.5 gallon tank, perfect. Always use Stabil and store gas in 1 gal cans and always use Valero 93 (Park Ridge NJ) octane which the owner tells me is ethanol free.
Cheers, Jack

For my CC 102 I drain the gas in November and now ready to gas-up for Spring. It has a 1.5 gallon tank, perfect. Always use Stabil and store gas in 1 gal cans and always use Valero 93 (Park Ridge NJ) octane which the owner tells me is ethanol free.
Cheers, Jack
I used to live in that area, did you know tricky dicky used to live in the bears nest?

Latest posts

Back