• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 09, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kraig....suprisingly.....the "paul bunyon" lift assist is smooth like a mouse trap. Click it and GO!!!

I would have thought that Art A. would have one of the Auto shop kids build this for the Plow Special......
dunno.gif

Denny....stop by C&G before the weekend and you can reverse engineer this OR......even try it!!!

(Message edited by kupdike on June 13, 2006)

everybody must be looking for Terry Busch, kinda quiet! LOL!
Charlie, i didnt mail the manual yet, ill try tomorrow. im gonna send you all the extras i have, i cant read both at the same time! these are technical information manuals, dont confuse them with tech repair manuals, i dont think i worded it that way in the email. they are a very nice read anyhow. T

Hydro question.
I have two hydro's, and I'm trying to make one good one. One had the worn trunion problem, so I swapped in a unit that has a nice trunion. But I can't get it to pump. I tried everything in the FAQ. Changed the filter, poured hytran into the top, etc. It just makes a very slight buzzing when in forward/reverse, no movement with the wheels off the ground. I've pretty much given up on this unit.
Should I try to swap the good trunion/shaft into the working unit, or should I just weld up the old trunion? Pro's and Cons of disassembling the hydro unit?
Cheers! this is my first post.
Vice

Vice grip,

If it where me I would weld up the worn trunion instead of disasembling 2 hydro units, it simple, fast and less headache.
Just my opinion

KEN - Thanks for the invite but Son & I were discussing projects, plans & family commitments last night..... My NEXT DAY OFF is sometime around Mid-AUGUST.... I possibly might get July 4th off but that's Wife's B-day so I'm not making ANY plans on that day.... Good thing all the Cubbie's have lights because the only time for lawn mowing will be from about 7 PM till Midnight this summer.

A couple of questions for those who rebuild these Kohler motors.
What would a letter A stand for when marked on the top of a piston and block under the head gasket?
Is this a good sign that the motor has not been rebuilt.

The piston only has the A stamped into it, there is no other markings such as STD or .10, .20, or .30 indacateing a rebuilt engine.

Forgot to mention, this is a 10hp K-241as Kohler in my 102. If it makes any different as to identifying the marking of the A stamp.

(Message edited by lbuttke on June 14, 2006)

Lonny- i dont know what the A is for, my reps. through the years couldnt give me a straight answer either. i do know that kohler never threw away a block, the may have "fitted" the piston to the bore, if it was oversized a little. some blocks have the model of the engine cast into the block on the pto side, K241, K301, K321. ive seen a K241 engine(std. bore) but the block'scasting number was K301. and ive seen the K301(bore)and the block is actually a K321. if you have any blocks around you might check. ive had K241's maxed out .030, and bored them to a std. K301, as long as the casting number was K301. if i find any more out ill post it. T

Does anybody know if the mower deck spindles from a 482 tractor will fit the 44A deck from a 1450? Mine (1450) are shot, and a guy in the local bargain news sent me a pic of his (482), and they look mighty similar...

Ted B...if the mower deck is a 44 or 50 inch deck size, they are interchangable.

Lonny-
Did someone re-ring that engine? I'd almost wonder if someone just stamped the block and piston to keep the piston with the block. Either that or, as some machine shops will do, is take the piston with the engine to be bored and bore to match the piston. There they might have stamped the block and piston as well.

Wyatt, i dont disagree with your post to Lonny.but i have seen varies Kohlers stamped with that "A". ive seen them off of old Wheelhorse's, Toro, and the green JD. not all of them where his model of engine but i think its something they did at the factory. but thats my opinion.
(all the engines from above manufactures where std.,within spec, when i seen them)

(Message edited by aowsley on June 16, 2006)

I'm trying to post a pic of my new 782 I bought a few weeks ago, but I'm having trouble with the upload. The CC has 900 hours showing and is in very good original condition other than a previous owner installed a 20hp Command OHV engine in it. It came with a sleeve hitch so I may install it and swap the Ag tires from my 72 and see how the 20HP plows the garden. What year/model of MTD would be the donor of my engine? My battery is where the 782's fuel tank should be and the tank is under the seat like a 782D. It runs/mows good and I have another 782 to rebuild like a factory "original".

Anyone know what size the snap ring is that holds the spring onto the thrust button on a CC169?

Hi everyone. Haven't posted for quite awhile. Seem to have lost my old profile ,too. I guess thats what happens when you move and change isp's. Anyone know if Jerry Bliler is still around the N.Idaho area?

Just got back from Red Power 06 and what a great time! All kinds of Cub Cadets there in all shapes and sizes. I got to meet a lot of great folks also.
beerchug.gif

Matt K
Dunno abbut the size but it's PN/IH-204502-R1. I'll go measure one for ya and get back later.

Garry S.
Jerry B is living just north of Springfield,Mo. now.

These are pictures from the Flywheelers Show in March 2006, Ft. Meade, FL. My Cub is a 1976 - 1650 series. I built the camper to transport my Cub and to camp in at the shows.
36062.jpg

36063.jpg

}}
36064.jpg

Latest posts

Back