• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 05, 2017

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Question for all who are versed in engine operation.

I am scheduled to run my 1250 in a parade on Saturday. The predicted high for the day is 102 degrees. The parade starts at 4:00 P.M., and runs for about 2.5 miles.

The tractor has side curtains, an in-tact muffler box, and, what I believe to be, the original grill. The tractor has headlights, which may limit upper air intake. I do not have the rubber plug for the spark plug, but probably could make one. There is fresh CaseIH Akcela low ash engine oil, SAE 30 in the crank case. I use 87 octane gasoline without ethanol. Occasionally, I add an ounce of MMO and Stabil to the gas if I know it won't be used within a reasonable length of time.

Am I putting my beloved 1250 at risk by participating in this parade under these extreme conditions?

Nope, just parade away.....if they mow grass under load when it's 100 out, they will parade just fine....

Have fun showing it off!

Charlie P. Is that Cub Cadet close to you or closer to me? If closer to me then I could pick it up and store it inside for you if needed. I know that you'll give it a good home.
happy.gif

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 136
Charlie, nice! Have you left to go get it yet? If not, WHY NOT?
Shift.gif

Attachments

• Shift.gif
    Shift.gif
    3.1 KB · Views: 131
Thanks to all for the 169 hydro advice. I will order parts from our sponsors. I'll also keep my eye out for parts tractors. What others share the same hydro parts as the 169? I see a 1650 on CL for parts, but I don't know what I really need - and Father's Day is June 18th!

Kraig,
It's down by Albert Lea.
I told him he'd be better off throwing it on CL.
I don't mind getting deals, but I do have my limits on getting something way to cheap for what it is, LOL

Dave Schwandt, took my a minute to see the frame cutout on your 128. a little grinding and welding can clean that up I hope. From the little I drove mine I could entertain having another.

What are your plans for the other motors? Curious minds would like to know. Suppose if I was interested in a motor I'd need to post in the want ads....

Picked up a sweet 127 down in Poy Sippi WI for a cool $125. Got the brakes working finally but the linkage between the brake shaft and the speed control cam (N return) is missing. Does anyone have a photo of the end that goes on the cam? I was going to try to fab one with a thin heim and threaded rod. I was thinking of using a spring pin in the him ball to connect the two plates.

Latest posts

Back