• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 25, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From this
29639.jpg

to this
29640.jpg

in 2 1/2 years of working around my place.
I rember it takeing the most of 6 months getting it to look good for the fall plowday back in 2003 not it just looks like any other well used tractor.

Colin,

A buddy of mine repowered his 782 with the Honda engine kit that you spoke of. He did not have to alter anything on the tractor and the wiring plugged right in also. The engine mount had an adapter and so did the pto. When I'm ready to repower my 682, I will probably go with the KT17 Series II since I want to keep it original.

Charlie,
About the only thing that survived in good shape was the Packer grill, but the paint has faded some.
It has found its home on the front of my 122 for now.

Tedd.
High Ride will be used to pull tailers around the place, I have a longer hitch to put on it when I pull the 3point bracket. It will also be used to run down to my fathers place just 400 feet south of my place and my brothers place 460 feet south of dads place.

I have had the 102 apart so many times I lost count. I know it only takes me 30 minutes to change the clutch plate in it. Pulling the motor is a 15 minute job now, heck even changeing the drive shaft dont take all that long anymore.

(Message edited by lbuttke on July 28, 2005)

Paint isn't the only thing fading in Packer Land, :cool: but hey, I live in the Chiago Bears Land. We don't even have paint, we dream about it.

thanks for the input on the 782 repower... after speaking with the guys that will do the swap, the honda is not the answer... less power, more gas, etc.
It looks like it will indeed have a 23 hp kolher command between the side panels of the 'ol girl. installed price was somewhere under 2400 final estimate, w/ new drive shaft, etc. but re use clutch, shouldnt need new one of them.

... now just gotta take it easy on the tiller.. dont wanna break it!
happy.gif

Hello,

I'm French and I have a Cub Cadet 682 (a red one, serial number 688011). The main belt (engine-deck) snapped (into bits) a month ago and my local dealer doesn't seem to be able to find what size the belt should be. He keeps giving me belts which don't fit. Has anyone got any idea of the size of this belt?

Thanks,
Anne

Ann, if you have a 38" mower deck, the belt you need is part# 754-3001. If you have a 44" or 50" deck you need belt part# 754-3003. And if you have a 46" deck you need belt part# 754-3042B. Hopefully I got this correct and if not I'm sure that Ken U. or Myron B. will gently correct me. :eek:)

Went on a little hunt today and came up with a real nice find I guess. It is not really in the greatest shape but it was free and came with all sorts of goodies attached. Probably just going to part it out, but I am going to use the goodies on it for a little project that I am working on. Have a good day.

29650.jpg

Went to Freeport for awhile today. Those of you that are going, we left our sunshade in the spot where my 128 was today. If you guys want to set up there tomorrow, you can. Most of you will probably beat me there, you always have. The thing you'll be looking for has an 8'x10' blue tarp roof, conduit frame, and yellow ropes holding it down. It is located near the southeast end of the small-engine, etc. display area where we usually are. See you tomorrow!
wave.gif

Hi, I am new to the site, got a new toy and need some info. It is a Groundsaw Trencher on a 1968 124 Produced by Hawkbilt in Vinton, Iowa. Model 1200 - s/n 1025 - Are there any more? How many? Manuals? Stories? Any info? Thanks!

If anyone is in the vicinity of southwestern Indiana tomorrow, stop by my tent at Thresherman Park (north of Boonville, Indiana) and say hello. It's easy to spot. It's the one with all the Cub Cadets in and around it.

Kevin D,

Nice find! Looks like like you've got some good parts there. From the picture I see a 3-point,hydralic lift parts, and a creeper gear. Sure can't beat the price, again nice find!

Have a 1 row cole planter spied in North Carolina { near Winston Salem} is anyone coming by there on there way to the midwest...or can someone recomend a good carrier service?

Tom,

Thanks. Yea, its got a creeper, 3 point and Hydraulic lift. Creeper and 3 point are gonna work good on my 73 project tractor that I am working on. And your right, you can't beat the price
proud.gif

29660.gif

Does anyone have a picture of the dash decal from a 73. thanks

Hey Guys,
Won't be making it to Freeport, gotta' work. 1st. Saturday all year, and it lands on a Tractor show day! I hate when that happens.

Just to let you all know how my crankcase of my 682 got flooded with gas, don't know??? Fuel pump was okay, carb also. I think my problem may be similar to Adrian's. Anyway, cleaned everything out and she runs fine now. Kinda weird, either the float stuck or there was trash under the needle. Thanks to you all for your help, guess it was just one of those things!

Latest posts

Back