• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 25, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gary - no it's not. It caught me off guard too when I first saw the pictures.

It's just a well crafted custom.

Gary,

That is a one up custom. It is way cool!!!
I think I may have to build one of them too.
happy.gif

Tedd, Rick, Gary, Tim's Cubette is a reproduction of the prototype Cub Cadet, he made it based on one old b&w photo of the real thing. Awesome job Tim!

Tim D., please correct me if I got it wrong.

Tedd -

Looking at the hood and grille, I can see you painting the Airstream like that
lol.gif

That would make my Airstream an Argosy.

But ya got me thinking now.......
I will have the shell of a 26 foot Airstream to paly with to make into a Cub hauler. Plans are already in the works. So just a little paint and a decal or two and I might have something........

29567.gif

Here rain,......... Heeeeeereeee rain.......come on rain.........good rain.....

not sure if this was posted yet or not, i posted it on the ihregistry board. just wanted to let the guys who own super garden tractors that part number 734-3085A front rim, is NLA, if a dealer has one in stock, ya better get it now, i tried to order one today,and it kicked the number,said that the number was no longer valid.
thanks,jeff

Can anyone here help with identifying this trailer? was it built for the cub cadet line or the cadet line? Or is it not even a IH built trailer?
29574.jpg

29575.jpg

29576.jpg

29577.jpg

29578.jpg

Charlie,
You did not wring out all the rain in those clouds last night, I got a 1/2 inch of much needed rain out of them.
A good soaking rain, not a hard run off like we got saturday during the 15 minute down pour when that bow-front when threw here and knocked down trees and power lines.

Sheesh!

Replaced the pillow blocks and the u-joint last year on the front sickle, this year the stamped pulley got warped and made the belt roll off.

This one won't warp
wink.gif

29585.jpg

Now that is a Pulley!!
happy.gif

Charlie,
Nothing a lick of paint wont fix.
wink.gif

<font size="-2">see Charlie's thumb picture</font>

Been raining here for 2.5 hours nice and steady. YEA!!!! Man do we need it. You getting the same Steve B. ??

Kriag is correct, my Cubette is a reproduction of the first engineering mock up prototype. Here is a picture of the sign I had at Red Power. It gives a brief version of the Cubette’s story.

29587.jpg

Gary, The Cubette is for real. I can touch it and drive it.
wink.gif
Only one was made by the engineering team around February of 1960 and it was not liked by the “powers that be”. So it was torn down, presumably to build the second mock up Cub-ette.

My little progress web page is still up and can be found at: click here. The first picture is of the real thing, and the only picture I had to go from.

<font size="-2">Bryan, more than happy to share here, I just don’t always get a chance to wander to this side of the street.
happy.gif
</font>

More rain here in the last 5 hours than in the last 3 months!!!!!!

Solid 2" in my gauge right now and it's still raining in a nice steady soaker, depending on how long this soaker lasts, I'm guessing that this evening will be good for 2.25" or so......thank God for that!!!!! As of this AM I was sitting on 1.7" since 5/1/05, now it looks like I'll be close to 4" for the summer with this rain....everything sure can use it!!!!!

The pictures Tyler posted of the mini 806 with the 4 bottom plow, and the Vineyard Original, were taken and posted by me on the other site, but free to post them here if you like. The center of the pictures are foggy because the camera lens didn't like the humidity. Here are a couple more of them.
29589.jpg

29590.jpg

29591.jpg

29592.jpg

The 806 is owned and was built by Darrell Lee, and his wife Peggy, of the Statesboro NC area. Darrell works for Richard Childress Racing, as a chassis builder for the #29 car, if that gives you any idea of craftsmanship/workmanship of the tractor. The Vineyard was built by a 74 year young friend that could not attend, so Darrell and his wife brought it along. The Hi-Clear 100 I built.

Thanks Paul.

Paul- did you ask him if a machine shop cut that hub & axle out, that was really something.

Steve B,
I blew as hard as I could for ya.
biggrin.gif

I figure if it's good enough for Cubs, it's good enough for the tools that I use to work on them,
29594.jpg

I'd also like to thank Timmy D for postin his Cubette pics.
29595.gif

Tim D. Very Cool! I stand corrected.

When I first saw it I wondered and emailed another member.

I thought it may have been a mock up to compete with the <font color="119911">Patio Tractors</font> that IH never put into production.

Learn something new everyday! Very cool!

Latest posts

Back