• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 25, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmoe

displayname
Kyle Moe
Richard,

Thanks. I've got three.no four questions, in no particular order. 1. Is it yours? 2. Why the offset to the left and not the right? 4. am I seeing the extended axle deflect from the weight or is that shadow? 3. Can I have the rear PTO since they aren't good for anything
bouncy.gif
?

Tom H.-

I'll be in Freeport friday and saturday with 128 and a big sunshade. (I'll share
happy.gif
)

Tom, I will be there also on Saturday. Not sure if by myself or others.

IGNITION COIL PROBLEMS...
Bruce, Richard, Art and Roland,
thanks for your input.
Replaced the voltage regulator today. Put a new coil on today that measured about 7kohm as it should (8-12k is good for internal resistance, so they say). Looked at the wiring harness, and then ripped it out. Checked the connections - on the wiring harness and some of the connections were a little messy, however, none of the wires had ever generated any heat. The wire that went to the positive side of the coil had a small nick in it and a few of the strands were busted. So I knitted a new wiring harness and put her in. All my grounds remain the same, as they were checked/replaced a while ago. Fired her up, and indeed the voltage regulator is putting out 13-14.5 volts and no more. Ran her tonight full bore for about 15 minutes - the coil seems to heat up still, albeit a bit slower. So far 15 minutes of life on this coil. Hope I get more than 7 or 8 hours out of it! Will let you know what happens...

Dave

Here are a few Cubette pictures to go along with Tyler’s post.

29553.jpg

29554.jpg

I don’t have any problems with my pictures, or information I post, being posted elsewhere, but I can’t speak for everyone.

FWIW, there are now 2 Dave Schmidt's registered here. Obviously, we both like Cubs but the newer member is from Canada; I'm from MN. Welcome D2.
happy.gif

By the way, Charlie, it does look like you're getting hammered over east of here. Flood warnings?!

(Message edited by dschmidt on July 25, 2005)

The Cubette blew my sox off a few months ago when it first appeared here, but I have to say that today I got another shock when I saw that homemade Cub Low boy. I've been thinking about it all day in fact. Brilliant! I just can't get over the talent of you guys. Great work!

Oh yeah, why is it offset to the left and not the right?

Chuck

Charlie,

99 deg here today and the only thing falling around here are the corn yields........oh well.....I hear thunder in the distance and there's rain in the forecast.......we'll see how we make out!!!

.2" last night, hoping for more today!!!!

Tim D. -

Thanks for sharing here!

Kyle M., that Cub Cadet Low boy was made by Ed Sajdak from Florida.

29557.jpg

29558.jpg

My guess as to why the Original loboy is offset to the right instead of the left is because there would have been no need to move the Original's clutch pedal.

Here's Ed's reason why he offset the steering to the left rather than to the right:
<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

Just lazy. No really this was easier than redesign/relocate clutch brake to the other side. Seem to remember somebody doing that though to have dual brakes. How 'bout it, you out there?? BTW "sidewinder" was all bolt on. Can go back to an original pretty easy.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

That thing needs a Haban on it.....

Morning,Its a great day and I have plenty to be thankful for, 2 new cubs the long awaited 147 has arrived at my home & its even rougher than I thought, & I am now the very proud owner of a 61 original, its a runner, oh yea baby!! only downside is its in Pa. so still trying to figure out to get it to Victoria for under a thous. in shipping ouch!
I think I am most thankful that you guys are here & that I have some cub funds now.
Coming soon are Manuals,parts,more parts & of course Dumb questions??
29565.jpg

Frank Mills at Celanese Acetate

How many times are we going to try this? For the third time you've entered a non-working e-mail address:

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed.

I think you need to contact us at [email protected] so that we can see what your REAL e-mail address is.

Sorry we have to make this public, but you haven't given us an acceptable method of contacting you. Thus, this is the only way for you to get the message.

Using a work e-mail address isn't usually a good idea - they generally prefer you to be working rather than surfing the internet. I'll bet that's why you haven't taken this up with your IT department
wink.gif

Latest posts

Back