• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 25, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys (gals?)

Its been a long while since ive dropped in, but have an opinion qestion:

my dad's 782 KT17 series II (replaced motor long ago) has gone south... it needs one of the following:

new short block installed with new and used parts where possible ~$2500 with parts/labor

or whole new KT17 series II ~$2800

thought about upgrading to the command 23hp, but that is buko more bucks....

another thing that i ran accross @ small engine warehouse was a repower kit for an 18hp HONDA ???? stay away? no? their price on that kit was like 1250, vs the new KT17 series II for 1950

what would you do??

He contemplated buying a new 2500 series 23 hp cub cadet, but would be reqired to buy a new hydraulic style tiller for it, which would be multi thousands dollars... so thats not a good choice

Looking for a Haban Sickle expert. Have a few questions regarding color and a couple of parts and two or three other questions.

I have what appears to be the 402D Model, except there is one big difference...the pivot pipe Part No. 9 is welded to mine and does not have a hole in it where the pin went in. Otherwise, it is al there. Yeh...the stamped pullies are junk Brian. All three are warped.
Biggest thing I need is the roller bearing inside the linkage arm. It is in poor shape.

Also, what color of red is correct?

Timmy D., thanks for taking the time to wonder over here and share your Cubette info and website!!! <font size="-2">I've been to your Cubette website before but I bet a bunch here have not. Yeah I wonder over to the other side of the street for a look now and again, there are some folks over there that give me a heads up if anything that's a "must see" gets posted.
happy.gif
</font> Stop by over here more often, it's a short walk. :eek:)

Paul, good to see you posting here again! Very nice job on your Hi-Clear 100! Thanks for sharing your photos, any chance you could post some more photos? I'll say the same to you as I did to Timmy D., stop by more often, it's a short walk. :eek:)

Charlie, I have some of that MATO (Marvel Air Tool Oil) too, I figured the same thing as you.

Say Tedd,
Speakin of Air Streams,I talked to a guy that went by your house the other day and don't ya think it's time to take down the x-mas lights!
29597.jpg

Kraig
Here are some Hi-Clear photo campared to a standard 100
29607.jpg

29608.jpg

29609.jpg

29610.jpg

Paul, very nice!!! What size are the rear tires on your Hi-Clear 100? Thanks for the photos. :eek:)

Hey Paul,

Tell us a little about it, what did the wheels come off of, why did you choose to leave the engine black, how did you make the fenders? Why did you build it? Do you have a specific use in mind? It sure looks nice. Great work man!

Chuck

Hello all, will a scraper/dozer/snow blade from a 102 fit my 70? Thank You

Kraig
Rear tires are 7-16's, front are 4.00-12's.

Chuck
The front wheels are from a Cub 154 Lo-Boy, rears are 16" Ford truck rims with the Cub Cadet centers (the rear wheels on a Farmall Cub Hi-Clear were done the same way with 30" rims on the stock 24" centers). The engine is black because I wanted it that way, the fenders are store bought that I modified, I built it because I wanted to, and I guess it's only real use is to take up space in my garage, <font size="-2">and to take to tractor shows every now and then</font>

Paul, thanks for the info. I like the look of those tall rear tires.

Frank M. I can't answer the rest of your questions, but I'm pretty sure it was Jim Steele that suggested Massey Ferguson red as a close match to the Haben red. That's the color I painted mine. Of course, I don't and didn't have an orginal to compare it to.

Colin T:

Obviously, the final decision on your 782 repower is yours.

I personally, would stay with the KT-17 Series II motor, in that, it was an OEM model. It will bolt right up and will keep the 782 orginal.

If you are not interested in keeping the 782 original, then the sky is the limit with possibilities, a bunch of extra parts and a good cutting torch...
biggrin.gif

I keep checking the Red Power Round up section here for pictures. Didn't anybody go this year and take pictures?????
ihrotate.gif

I found this forum inventive, creative, informative,and helpful in keeping my 1250 alive. Now that I own a Cub lo boy 154, I wish the sites that deal with it were as good as this one. My needs some TLC and would like to know if anyone in this forum could help answer some questions. Or know a better forum that could. I check out the Yahoo site and the forum on this site and IH registry. So far those have been little help

Paul Brown -

The Yahoo site is run by a long-time member here, Barry U. You can also start a thread in the "<FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> Cub Cadet's larger relatives" topic here on this forum. Click on Topics and you'll find it...

Well project high ride is done
29630.jpg

29631.jpg

29632.jpg

29633.jpg

No, it will not be getting a fresh coat of paint, Why, I did not build it to sit on a trailer, built it to be used. All thats left to do is remove the lower 3point bracket.

Latest posts

Back