• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 19, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shane, did you get that 149 off of EPay? I'm just curious, as way back when I was lookin for my 149, I saw one with decals identical to those on yours. They are neat... and I like those tires.
Jarrod, dont give up on the cub, you'll get it figured out. My 149 has electrical gremlins, sooo, ALL NEW WIREING!!!! we'll see how it works.

Glen,
I looked high and low to find one around here and didn't have any luck so I got mine from Wisconsin on Ebay. The decals were all home made and look pretty good unless you get up close. I think he used mailbox letters for most of them. I collected on a favor and got it shipped back here for almost nothing. If I could do that again I'd probably try and get another tractor, but my wife is already cussing me at the suggestion.
shame.gif

Hey Glen...Your profile doesn't show your email address and I don't have a crystal ball...:)-}>.... but here is a sample...

Myron B
62724.jpg

Jarrod Moore...Ya sure you are using the correct guage?? The kits are similar but the guages are different for the bent-end spring version and the one for the double flat-end springs.....Put up some closeup photo's showing the front of the pto and one of the guage you are using....If that clutch won't disengage - it simply isn't adjusted correctly...help us with some photo's and you will get the help you need....

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

Shane "P",
Interesting decals on the 149. Got any nore pix of it?

Myron-Here are a few pics, taken with a cell phone cam as that's the only type of camera I have.

I purchased the kit at a local IH dealer. I asked for a pto rebuild kit for a cub 105, a new wear button and a new thrust button. They had this stuff in stock and didn't ask about my spring version--I didn't know there is a difference, and I couldn't tell ya which one my pto clutch is either. Hope these pics are clear enough for you to tell if I have the right gauge. Let me know if you need different pictures of something...Thanks.

Darn, I thought these pics would just show up here like on other forums--guess they're links...hope that's OK.

IMG]http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n5/banditox/cid__072107_093700.jpg[/IMG]

url]

url]

Jarrod,
Is the pto bearing flush with the end of the crankshaft? I think that is why a lot of bearings came with that ring inside the bore. It keeps the bearing about 1/16" out from flush. If the bearing is too bar on the crankshaft, the inside of the clutch hits the end of the crankshaft before the clutch can disengage. When this happens, the actuating arm just bends rather than pushing the clutch center to disengage. I have had this happen a couple of times. I just moved the bearing out past the end of the crankshaft by about 1/16" and put it back together and it cured the problem.

Dudley, a proper lube is the first step which it sounds like you have already done. However, it may take some time and use for it to loosen up again. Also there most likely is some wear in the linkages, perhaps it's catching at some point causing the jerkiness. Only way to fix that is to remove the linkages and replace them if they are worn or weld them up and grind them back to size.

Latest posts

Back