• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 07, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have proof that Art is alive and well. I will have to send that proof to Kraig for verification (and resizing) tonight. It looks like he is running with a younger crowd.
wink.gif

He looks like "Mr. CIA" man.
lol.gif

Kraig, et al:
I'm getting a complex...
1. Everybody has more tractors than me.
2. They all look in better condition than mine.
3. I don't know how to post a picture in my profile (that is so cool).
4. Looks like I'm going to have to adopt that quote.
5. There is a Cub delivery network?
6. I saw WM's original. I've got Cub Cadet envy...

(Message edited by mkjohnson on July 08, 2004)

Quick question for all you tillage experts out there. Sister-in-law has an 80’ by 100’ horse arena, prolly packed pretty hard but somewhat moist from recent rains. She wants me to come with one of my cubs, to help her turn it over. I have a pretty well weighted and chained 71, which admittedly is not the most heavy cub. Additionally, I’ve got a Brinly 10’ breaking plow, a single gang Brinly disc, and the PP-500 sweep cultivator. I’ve also got the IH spring tooth rake, FWIW.

What do you all recommend to use, or is all this stuff to light? If I remember horse arenas it might be like cement and my cub stuff might just bounce across the surface. Recommendations?

Craig, depending on the soil, I really doubt that you'll break it up without something bigger.

Michael J.
No matter how many you have or how good lookin they are, THERE WILL ALWAYS BE SOMEONE WITH ONE THAT LOOKS BETTER. That the way things are. ;-))
Most of us don't have the great patience that it takes to totally restore one better than new. ME! I'm just to lazy, that's my excuse, grin.

Digger,
You have a building... Just for your Cubs.
Now I'm developing Digger envy...
Course, I notice... No chimney...
Mike (evil grin)

Mike,
Don't be fooled by profile pictures!! Spot (my 100) does not look anything like that anymore. I have to update my profile and remove the 55 and 60 from my list.

I will make sure that I install a chimny on my house when the roof is replaced........

Mike J:
Most everybody's tractors look better than mine... but that's why there's categories like 'trailer queen'. For other categories, there's touch-up paint and high-pressure car-washes. ALL cub cadets are beautiful things, and they're best-looking when the governor's open, front wheels are bouncin', and the rear wheels are looking for something solid to bite into!

Ryan:
Mixed feelings about your choice of landings, as I had a similar break. Bustin' an ankle is probably bettern' landing on your head, but still pretty painful and it's a humbling recovery-time. Fortunately you didn't land on a plant-support stake in the a garden (yeah, heard of a guy that had that happen, and it wasn't pretty, but he survived okay). Take it easy on that ankle, and no more liftin' motors by hand.

Craig- on that riding arena... how deep do they want it broken? Are they planning on planting in it? If they don't want it cut too deep, I'd think you could run a small plow on one of the bigger cubs. With weight and chains, you shouldn't have traction problems, but you might be challenged for pull-power... The first furrow would be the hardest...

Kraig-Ryan did mention about never being able to ride the "plow special again". I told him that we could build a "right" side pedal and all would be good. It seemed to cheer him up.

Ryan came to visit me after my accident with the fence. I know exactly what he is feeling mentally. It is hard to think about after an accident..

Michael J.
Some people may have more Cubs than you, but remember, nearly everyone of those people started out with just one.........

Update from the hospital.

My left foot went 90deg the wrong way. I pushed it back in place, but I knew it was broken or ligaments torn.

Turns out that I SHATTERD the strongest bone in my body, and broke at least 1 other. Dr. says no weight on it for 6-8 weeks & 1 year until I can get back to the same level of activiy. 50% chance of walking normal again.

I do have to change over to a hydro for plowing. It was hard enough pushing in the 1408 clutch with a good ankle, let alone one with an akle full of screws.

Ryan, good to hear from you. Bummer about your ankle but at least you're alive! How about a hydraulic assist hand clutch for the 1408? :eek:)

Ryan, Good luck with the recovery. Only one good thing to come of this, no more ladders!
I do not know you exept for here, still wish the best for the whole family.
PS. GOTTA BE A WAY TO KEEP THAT GEAR DRIVE!

Hi, all!

I'm renovating a 108 with a 44" deck which has been in "outside storage" for about 6 years, and I see that the pulleys on the deck spindles are almost rusted thru. Are the pulleys still available new, or only used? Sources?

Also, I need some guidance on disassembly of the deck spindles. Working from the top, I can remove the "cap" nuts surrounding the grease fitting. But the large (1 1/4") nut appears to be locked to the spindle threads with a punch mark where the face of the nut contacts the threads.

Can I remove this nut without damaging the spindle threads, or is there another way to remove the pulley for replacement?

How is the pulley locked to the spindle shaft- by the clamping friction of this large nut only?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Tom,
Stop right there until some of the guys with real experience can explain the proper way to do this.
I am new to this forum also and they have already been a great help.
Mike

Latest posts

Back