• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 07, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slanda

displayname
shawn landa
It's really amazing that a little tractor has got all of us so smitten, guess its something that is just for fun,and gets some work done to. at the risk of getting poofed has anyone seen the 72 on ebay with the sweeper and trailer,pretty neat.

Unfortunately, the owner appears to know what it is worth...
It is a beautiful thing.

IMPORTANT!!!
HEALTH AND WELFARE INFORMATION!!!

Ryan Mull-- Ryan was working on his house last night and fell 12 feet off his extension ladder, landing on his left ankle sideways. Ryan was rushed to the local hospital by ambulance and was then transfered to Ft. Wayne. Ryan under went surgery at 1:00 a.m. this morning. Amanda (Ryan's wife) called and left a message for me this morning (I only live 3 minutes from the hospital) Ryan is in a great deal of pain but seems in OK spirits. I asked Ryan if he wanted me to post this, he said please.

I ask that our thoughts and prayers be with him. My understanding is that he will not be able to bare any weight on the ankle for at least 6 wks. I will make sure that Ryan keeps up on the forum, via paper copies. He should be in the hospital for 3-4 days.

J. Luckey

(Message edited by jluckey on July 07, 2004)

Paul-
At the risk of getting anything in the hydro, I'd stay away from any RTV. I don't see any problem with a sealer like a gasket shelac or aviation sealant (brush applied); BUT I think that part of a cork gasket is that they swell some and I'd worry that they wouldn't take the right swell if they were coated.

Richard-
Nice little lift, I've got fond memories of working at "The Skunkworks" on a large rubber-tracked tractor and using a 4 ton a-frame to lift the back half, of the front half, of a 4wd tractor. You'll never see two guys scatter SO FAST when the chain hoist pops!

Which reminds me of another thing, found a use for what's remaining of a KT-17 starter! My little Warn winch on my trailer uses the same cap & body as a KT-17 starter, like an idiot I never covered the winch in the weather so I ended up with an electric motor full of dirt & rust. Now it's as good as new!!!

Wheatland progress-
Frame went to get blasted today, need to weld the frame, install gears and get axle housings for transmission, purchase rear wheels, and we're ready to paint & have a roller!

(Message edited by wcompton on July 07, 2004)

Michael, at the risk of getting poofed,I think it probably is a good deal for what is an almost new tractor. Unfortunately it's not in the plans right now. hope someone in the "group" gets it. the sweepers are great I've got a parker and it works almost to well. Out where I lived when I first got married an IH dealer closed that had a orig in the showroom that had like 8 hours on it all orig with lights fenders creeper deck pto etc,and the owner was goung to sell it to me untill his grandkids wanted to play with it,end of that one. excuse me I'm getting ill now bringing that up, wish I could find it again,oh well. Ryan, your on the prayer list,feel better soon.

Need help with a K241AS.
Got carb troubles I belive, engine will race to 3/4 throttle than back to idle all the while holding throttle by hand at just past idle.
What could be the cause of this and how do I fix this problem?

J.L.,
Was it his clutch foot? Oh yes, I for got, he's a hydro kinda' guy.

Just joking, Wishing Ryan all the best!

Tom H.....Any good gear jammer never uses the clutch after starting out anyways.....
happy.gif
Just another plus of using the slush boxes.......

Bet that Ryan was adding on the "cub wing" at the palace........or was he pulling a Griswald and putting up the xmas lights early??!! Does he qualify for workmans comp now?

I've noticed some 782 have internal brakes(inside rearend housing) and some have the disc brakes, is that a correct observation and if so does anybody know why? what is better?

My sweet wife was kind enough to talk Shirtman into making me up a new spring/fall jacket w/149 for my birthday.........what a woman!!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Shawn L., I reckon IH bounced back and forth between the internal brakes and the disc brakes several times while they were manufacturing Cub Cadets. I think some of the earlier ones had the internal brakes; my oldest one is a 106, which has external brakes, and pretty much all the wideframes (1x8/1x9 series) that I've seen have had external brakes. They got back into the internal brakes during the Quietline series, or maybe very late in the 1x8/1x9s, I'm not sure when, but I also think it's possible to find Quietlines with both styles of brakes, similar to what you say you're seeing on 782s.
As to which is better, I don't know that I can answer that for sure. I used to think the external brakes were probably better, but now that my 1000 is running (my first Quietline, and first tractor with internal brakes), it seems to stop smoother and more positively than any of my disc-brake tractors, so I'm kinda rethinking my position on 'em just now. The internals are easier to adjust, and the internal discs (pucks) are way cheaper than new pads for the externals, but you do have to open up the rear end to replace the internal brakes and you don't have to do that to fix the externals.

And on your seat recovering question, I don't know of anybody that does it. I did save the original seat from my 106 in case I ever ran across anybody that could do it, but it would have to be considerably cheaper than buying a new seat or an EXACT replica of the factory seat to get me to go that route now, as I've been pretty happy with the CC replacement seats I've bought.

I am a new guy here with "Yellow Fever". Just got my first Cadet, a 123. Just got it going this last weekend. It was in hibernation for about 6 years, indoors. Just the routine things to get it going, like change oil, fluid, filter, battery, grease, tires, etc. It's not a sweetheart but it will be someday. I have no manuals so I am going to ask a few questions. The clutch starts slipping when in heavy grass. Is there an adjustment or does it need new linings, or ? I have learned a lot just reading this forum the past week or so. Thanks
Steve in Nebraska

Well, first time I've had time to do much with Cubs for a while. Picked these up tonight. Was real suprised when I showed up with the trailer that I could drive both of them on!! Never owned a bathtub before, but man are they cute!!
20217.jpg
20216.jpg

Steve W. Couple of things, you need to see if the engage/disengage lever is not touching the button in the center of the PTO. The next is to verify that the belt is not the cause of slippage. If those 2 items are not the problem then you will need to rebuild the PTO. You can buy rebuild kits/or rebuilt PTO's from the sponsors at the top of the page.

If I missed something, someone here will chime in.

Ryan M.: Sorry to hear about your misfortune with the ladder. Let that ankle get well before you use it. Good luck to you, Cyrus and Amanda. Keep us posted when you get back to the keyboard.

I am going to make Hi-resolutions of my copy "Blue Ribbon Service for 38" Original Deck" next week and any one wants a copy shoot me an E-mail([email protected])

I am a new Cub Cadet owner. Didn't realise how cool these little machines are. I am starting with a 482. Where can I get a repair manual for this unit without losing an arm or a leg? It runs fair but it searches in the low to mid range on the throttle. I suspect the carb needs to be replaced. Hopefully when I complete this project I will venture into a much older vintage. They are really cool. Like a 1966 122 to go with my 66 cutlass.

Good Morning, All-- Wonder if someone may be able to help jump-start my brain...Where can a person find the 'Cub Cadet Delivery Network'? I have a 100 in Glen Mills, PA that I would like to get closer to me! Thanks!

Dan in MO

TRAVIS - That TUB looks to be in really good shape! 102/122 looks nice too. Charlie - Be Nice to Art! Jeffrey - Use Your 123 on the sweeper. Sweepers work better running just a little bit faster than You can go in 2nd, and I never liked to pull Mine in 3rd. Throttle down & Hydro Up. They sure do a nice job picking up leaves & clippings! Only problem I had on two acres with 80+ trees was sometimes I could only go 30 feet before the sweeper was FULL, and thats after mulching the leaves with the mower! with the discharge blocked off. One fall Son & I both worked six weekends straight sweeping up leaves, at least one and mostly two days per weekend!

Jon, thanks for the info on Ryan. I'll keep him in my prayers. Please keep us updated.

Tom H., while Ryan has some Hydros he does have his gear drive Plow Special which has that stronger clutch spring. Looks like he won't be driving it anytime soon. :eek:(

Charlie, Art is busy forcing his band students to march in parades. He'll be scarce until late July/early August.

William D., thanks!!! :eek:)

My pick for quote of the month, that is if we had a quote of the month. :eek:)

Posted by Michael K. Johnson
<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

Obviously, I need more yeller tractors...<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

Latest posts

Back